Quote Originally Posted by mbit2 View Post
    The early error was "no valid license found " does that look like a connection issue? No.
    And the more people cant login the more people will start hammering servers trying to get in.
    Get a clue before fanboying blind.
    "No valid license found" is a problem with authentication servers (which can be affected with DDoS attacks). Google "authentication" if you're unsure what the word means, so you too can "get a clue".

Also, I haven't said a word that would paint me as a "fanboy" or whatever, but I guess you haters are a fragile bunch.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2023-06-25 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It looks like a server issue. How do you think a game license is checked and validated?

OT:
    Dunno why all problems is always some hidden meaning behind it or having weird excuses... could it be, yeah. Could also be a completely normal server issue that happens. Will happen in 10,20,30 and 50 years time and continue to happen beyond that. It's normal.
    Between "unknown hackers decide to ddos weeks after release and not even at season start while everyone cares the least" and "users are hammering the servers to dead trying to get in" the latter is simply more believable because the first version is simply illogical.

Between "unknown hackers decide to ddos weeks after release and not even at season start while everyone cares the least" and "users are hammering the servers to dead trying to get in" the latter is simply more believable because the first version is simply illogical.
    You're really clueless.

Yes, it's super logical that players in EU were "hammering the servers to dead" at 6AM in the morning. It's also super logical that the problems were resolved circa 14PM in Europe, when, as it is widely known, players stop playing to... do stuff. 100% true - if you're from EU, never try to log in at 6AM, because that's when we all play. However, you may freely join the game in the afternoon, when we're too tired after the morning session to continue playing. Legit!

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Yes, it's super logical that players in EU were "hammering the servers to dead" at 6AM in the morning. It's also super logical that the problems were resolved circa 14PM in Europe, when, as it is widely known, players stop playing to... do stuff. 100% true - if you're from EU, never try to log in at 6AM, because that's when we all play. However, you may freely join the game in the afternoon, when we're too tired after the morrning session to continue playing.
    Its though when you trying to be contrarian and win instead of understanding whats up.
    Earliest report was hotfix patch messed up login. If the people cant login they keep trying and that means increasingly more people hammer login servers which equals ddos by users.

Its though when you trying to be contrarian and win instead of understanding whats up.
    Oh the irony.

Ok, so you're changing your story from:

Realistically: Kotick saved on servers to pocket more and now its sunday and the servers get overloaded.
    ...to:

Earliest report was hotfix patch messed up login.
    Cool cool. At least your second made up story makes a bit more sense.

Ok, so you're changing your story from:

...to:

Cool cool. At least your second made up story makes a bit more sense.
    Its what people wrote on bnet forums. My condolences if you too stupid to look things up when errors occur and need to cope by claiming im lying.
    That aside servers wouldnt die to this if they had more capacity and there are still no hackers involved. Claiming ddos is trying to blame an imaginary attacker.

Its what people wrote on bnet forums. My condolences if you too stupid to look things up when errors occur and need to cope by claiming im lying.
    That aside servers wouldnt die to this if they had more capacity and there are still no hackers involved. Claiming ddos is trying to blame an imaginary attacker.
    Okay, so the login problem was due to a faulty hotfix, but that hotfix wouldn't do any harm if servers had more capacity (?). And you know that... how?

Also I'm supposed to believe any random shit people write on Blizzard forums, not the official Blizzard communication (like Twitter) where they wrote: "We continue to actively monitor an ongoing DDOS attack which is affecting latency/connections to our games". Because random forum posters know better. Got it.

(Be sure to let Blizzard know under that tweet that they are imagining it.)

"No valid license found" is a problem with authentication servers (which can be affected with DDoS attacks). Google "authentication" if you're unsure what the word means, so you too can "get a clue".

Also, I haven't said a word that would paint me as a "fanboy" or whatever, but I guess you haters are a fragile bunch.
    I was actually going to post about this error since I'v been getting it for an hour already (but I play in the americas server).
    well, guess I will try in 1 or 2 hours.

Posted 35min's ago that its a DDOS attack, anyone saying different is just being a hater and/or trolling at this point.

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...74145368227841
    We continue to actively monitor an ongoing DDOS attack which is affecting latency/connections to our games.
    - - - Updated - - -

Claiming ddos is trying to blame an imaginary attacker.
    So your saying blizzards official statement is a lie? Please provide proof.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So your saying blizzards official statement is a lie? Please provide proof.
    DDoS attacks are also pretty easy to confirm from an external vantage - just take a look at one of any Internet's many DDoS traffic/analysis map sites and you can confirm any concentrated DDoS-type attack on any searchable target, region, or IP range. You can't really hide a DDoS from even the most cursory of Internet traffic analyses.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It's probably "simply illogical" based on the specific reason you think someone would do a DDOS attack for. You don't know others motivation or reasons though...
    Ironically saying it's "simply illogical" kind of is illogical in of itself in this scenario.

Motivation and reasons vary a lot... there's hundreds of reasons why someone DDOS.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-06-25 at 05:10 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    DDoS attacks are also pretty easy to confirm from an external vantage - just take a look at one of any Internet's many DDoS traffic/analysis map sites and you can confirm any concentrated DDoS-type attack on any searchable target, region, or IP range. You can't really hide a DDoS from even the most cursory of Internet traffic analyses.
    tbf san francisco is always lit

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    tbf san francisco is always lit
    It would be weird for a "techno-center" like silicon valley to not be lit constantly, i could be wrong of course companies are always trying to spy or to be a pain in the asses of each others, russia/china trying to get access to western tech or informations, then you adds hackers (Solo or group).

7+ Year Old Account
    Realistically : Kotick saved on servers to pocket more and now its sunday and the servers get overloaded.
    So you really think 2am in the middle of the night on a sunday morning 20 days after launch was somehow more populated then the games launch week?

- - - Updated - - -

There is more traffic on a sunday than middle of week. They dont need to run same server amount as release day. Its a waste of money. So anyone with a brain scales down.
    The problem started at 2am this morning I know cause I was on.

- - - Updated - - -

1-"Unknown hackers" you dont need to be a hacker to ddos, it is pathetically easy to do so.
    2-"Randomly and not at season launch" someone may well do that at season launch, ddosing is not a 1 and done thing, it is CONSTANT.
    3- "Users are hamering servers dead trying to get in" yeah I am sure 2am at night on a sunday is by far the most hardcore time for insane amounts of people to try and log in...

- - - Updated - - -

I love how you think you are smarter and know more then literally everyone in the world.
    Cause you can literally go online right now and see ddosses publically.
    https://www.digitalattackmap.com
    But yeah you are the one person in the entire world smarter then everyone who knows it is not some "unknown hacker" and is instead blizz trying to divert from blame of them suddenly just getting tons of logins on sunday at 2am in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh man pulsar says less people on their friends list are playing now. DED GAME!?

Or is your anecdotal evidence something else. I wonder what that could be...?
    With a small slice of the pie you can see trends.

About half the people that bought this game felt burned afterwards... That's horrible for a AAA flagship title.

Anyway people with objective reasoning etc know this game has major issues that will need to be addressed in patches.

But I don't think you can really fix this game lol

Quote Originally Posted by pulsar View Post

About half the people that bought this game felt burned afterwards... That's horrible for a AAA flagship title.
    What's the source on that? Seems serious, and you seem very confident - where is that "half the people felt burned" thing coming from?

Or is this just another "well 2 out of my 4 friends didn't like it, so that's 50% regret rate for a AAA title QED!"?

15+ Year Old Account
    About half the people that bought this game felt burned afterwards... That's horrible for a AAA flagship title. Anyway people with objective reasoning etc know this game has major issues that will need to be addressed in patches. But I don't think you can really fix this game lol
    So the entire player base is represented by Metacritic. Only objective players can see problems. The game can't be fixed. Are you one of these with objective reasoning? Becuase your posts keep showing a clear bias.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Anyway people with objective reasoning etc know this game has major issues that will need to be addressed in patches.

But I don't think you can really fix this game lol
    Oh yeah? Half the people burned out? Source? Oh you don't have one. Gotcha. The debate is over guys, ThrowawayAccount-san says D4 has half the players in burnout and their small friend's list is also not playing anymore.

Major issues that CAN'T be fixed! Can't be done! Nope! Never happened in D3 with their expansion! oh..wait that did happen. Umm ignore that example!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So the entire player base is represented by Metacritic. Only objective players can see problems. The game can't be fixed. Are you one of these with objective reasoning? Becuase your posts keep showing a clear bias.
    That is quite the 'objective reasoning' they have. I mean the I would put 'willful ignorance' in its place but that's just me.