Quote Originally Posted by Visas Marr View Post
    I don't understand the issue with having full customization. If there was a body slider or whatever then all criticisms go away.

It's a weird choice not to have these things when they constantly talk about customization etc
    Because more customization costs more money. Because Blizzard wanted visual archetypes for each class and still gave us more control over character customization than any Diablo game previously, and more than most ARPG's in the genre allow for.

Like, it's fine if Blizzard wants to make a game where not ever character makes you (the royal you) rock hard and aroused, IMO. Would I like more customization options? Absolutely, but framing it in the way many do of, "I can't have sexy ladies" is just a kinda cringe and gross way of going about it IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Visas Marr View Post
    I don't understand the issue with having full customization. If there was a body slider or whatever then all criticisms go away.

It's a weird choice not to have these things when they constantly talk about customization etc
    I have many things I did not like about D4, but there was two things I did like.

1) The music (I will buy the soundtrack when available).

2) The character customization.

Yeah the females are not really SI: Swimsuit compliant, (I did not make a female sorc so I can’t comment on that), but to me that spoke of the nature of the setting. This world is pretty brutal, growing up without scars on a low carb diet seems unnatural. (Yes I know it’s a fantasy game).

The lack of body sliders also allows for standard body shapes for the gear. Textures will be made for the body types without stretching or compression. It’s a bit lazy (it is a Blizzard game), but on the bright side at least we have some customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    You may enjoy mindless, loot pinata grindfests for 500 hours. Others enjoy the story and difficulty. Don't yuck someone else's yum.

There are plenty of ARPGs that offer the dopamine hits but few offer a decent story during it and that's just their concern.
    Dude, find me an ARPG where you aren’t godly the first 20-30 levels or so. Also keep in mind that legendary loot was x3 for the beta, you won’t probably find yourself all orange shaped at level 20 in release. You

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Eh I'll bite

Back in the Closed Beta I wanted to create a wily, feminine looking Rogue (an important part of the class fantasy for me) and I had a lot of trouble getting anything that wasn't a rugged manlady. My options were "would you like to look like a dude" or "would you like to look slightly less like a dude".

I get what Blizzard was going for, in some ways it fits the gritty adventurer in a harsh world setting, but it's really sad to see them abandon certain fantasy archetypes in order to please the "body type" crowd.
    what the fuck is your definition of feminine????? manga wifu???? Jessica Rabbit? because my girl rogue was freaking HOT and very much in a highly feminine way.

It's not bad, it's just shallow.

Simple game for simple minded people to spend their minimum wage money that keeps them busy in their downtime.

Game coulda been amazing but it's a basic simple cruel joke on gamers.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necro has no bewbz game bad.

If you want them bewbz you can roll Sorc. Although I'd say, Blizzard really could have stepped up their game. They made a bif deal about customization, but all you end up with is one body type and 4 faces per gender. You can mask it up with tats and makeup, but they really could have done better there. Like... 4 faces, come on.

Last edited by Gaidax; 2023-03-28 at 08:59 PM.

I do kinda like that each class has a specific body type. Barbarians are ripped mountains of muscles because that fits the fantasy, while necromancers spending all their time studying forbidden tomes in dark places makes them look rail thin. It makes sense and helps visual identification as well. I get the appeal of a customization option for body type but eh, it doesn't feel quite needed in this context IMO.

I do slightly question Druids being thiccer than thicc, regardless of gender. Feels like an outdoors(wo)man could be a bit beefy but not to such a degree, more like a lumberjack's build than an Olympic-level weightlifter's, but then again Barbarians aren't exactly realistic either. Still, if Blizzard was on a crusade against them tiddies they wouldn't have had the Sorceress be smokin hot and always wear more revealing robes than her male counterpart.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    30 dollars? nahhh 5 bucks cuz pure copy and paste laziness for “diablo 3.5 version”

Same thought here!

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    This kid's obviously new to Diablo games...
    Honestly i read OP and he described diablo to me.
    What was he expecting? its not wow and its not derivative of wow its ARPG its left click and watch hordes explode

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    four item qualities? I only know of Unique being left out.
    Sacred and ancestral items is another 2 but that's just "higher" stats of items afaik. I don't really count those, but maybe those are the ones you mean.

Barb and Druid not being able to have their class stuff unlocked was such a weird move. They could've just made them auto-unlock at 15 if they were gonna be inaccessible during beta.
    Yeah it didn't really make any sense since the other classes got theirs but there must be a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by stormrage666 View Post
    YES!!! that's it and a lot more!!

YES!!! Thanks for sharing your point of view.
    I saw a lot of ppl don't talk about the elephant in the room....

The game is VERY bad. And it seems Blizz can't fix it.
    It's a shame, art is awesome... but all mechanics, gear, itemnization, skills, area level.... ALL the rest... is totally bad!!!

---
    Also.... I see lot of ppl defending the aspects of what a Diablo game is based on D3. D3 was awful. Don't mix D3 with Diablo franchise.
    The base of what a Diablo game is and should be has to be D2 and D1.

D4 looks bad because has a lot of D3 on it.
    What specifically makes it bad? Generalizations never work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I do kinda like that each class has a specific body type. Barbarians are ripped mountains of muscles because that fits the fantasy, while necromancers spending all their time studying forbidden tomes in dark places makes them look rail thin. It makes sense and helps visual identification as well. I get the appeal of a customization option for body type but eh, it doesn't feel quite needed in this context IMO.

I do slightly question Druids being thiccer than thicc, regardless of gender. Feels like an outdoors(wo)man could be a bit beefy but not to such a degree, more like a lumberjack's build than an Olympic-level weightlifter's, but then again Barbarians aren't exactly realistic either. Still, if Blizzard was on a crusade against them tiddies they wouldn't have had the Sorceress be smokin hot and always wear more revealing robes than her male counterpart.
    I assumed they were trying to go back to the lore that Druids are a distinct group of people who split off from Barbarian culture in ancient times. Rather than its being an archetype thing like Nercos being tall and lithe. Same way they bulked up the D2R Druid some compared to the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yeah it didn't really make any sense since the other classes got theirs but there must be a reason.
    It's because some class quests went into regions not part of the starting region. The only region open for beta was what we got.

This wasn't really a beta for marketing purposes or testing bugs, it was mostly a stress test.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    what the fuck is your definition of feminine????? manga wifu???? Jessica Rabbit? because my girl rogue was freaking HOT and very much in a highly feminine way.
    Valeera Sanguinar I guess. Do you have a screenshot of your toon? I didn't fiddle with the char gen menu for hours but I saw upfront was pretty disappointing.

not really keeping up with D4 news since I'm just gonna play the story and leave.
    But from what im piecing together it seems like they're doing some pseudo mmo shit where the game world is shared, so if I don't group with people I'm still gonna have them in my world. Which if correct sounds like a massive turn off. I hope its not.

Quote Originally Posted by shane brannigan View Post
    not really keeping up with D4 news since I'm just gonna play the story and leave.
    But from what im piecing together it seems like they're doing some pseudo mmo shit where the game world is shared, so if I don't group with people I'm still gonna have them in my world. Which if correct sounds like a massive turn off. I hope its not.
    That is how it works, yes, however this only applies to the overworld - it does not happen in dungeons. And to be fair, you don't see a lot of people; you see like one other person every now and then. They purposely made it so you come across other players every now and then, but it's nothing like say WoW where you find 10 other people in a quest area.

The only exceptions are cities (you see lots of people there, but those are noncombat zones) and the world bosses (set to 12 players max).

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Fair point. Sorry if it seemed like I was stepping on your opinion. I was just shocked someone was saying they liked the story and went tapping away at the keyboard, when obviously there are people who did like it. Again, my apologies as my reply wasn't meant to be as rude as it likely seemed to be.

- - - Updated - - -

You lost me at Fallen Kingdom being the 12th most successful movie ever. It barely got into the top 20, which yes I will admit is still pretty damn high, but still...
    lol 12 or 20 what is the difference? There are thousands of thousands of movies better than Fallen Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That is how it works, yes, however this only applies to the overworld - it does not happen in dungeons. And to be fair, you don't see a lot of people; you see like one other person every now and then. They purposely made it so you come across other players every now and then, but it's nothing like say WoW where you find 10 other people in a quest area.

The only exceptions are cities (you see lots of people there, but those are noncombat zones) and the world bosses (set to 12 players max).
    that sounds lame as fuck, and way to excuse to make it always online. like if it's limited to towns sure but I don't know having other people in the other world just sound like a put off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    lol 12 or 20 what is the difference? There are thousands of thousands of movies better than Fallen Kingdom.
    I dunno depends on what they're classifying successful as. because as a movie it's meh, but dinosaur toys do make a fair bit of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Valeera Sanguinar I guess. Do you have a screenshot of your toon? I didn't fiddle with the char gen menu for hours but I saw upfront was pretty disappointing.
    I didn't take screenshots, but she ended up looking a bit like young Lucy Liu, that said, I've looked through all the preset options and I found them all very attractive, the hair options were not as varied as I would have preferred, but there was still quite a bit to chose from - from "traditionaly" feminine to punk to some in betweens - I picked a Lara Croftish high ponytail for my rogue. makeup options were.... bad to ok. I ended up going with quazi furiosa/sylvanas look (coal over eyes, but looked like it was smeared downwards).

didn't fiddle for hours, because there wasn't enough there to spend that much time on. took me about 5 minutes to settle on the look.

Valeera definitely has that Instagram photoshop look to her in a lot of official art, so while character creator wasn't super realistic either, it was still closer to what unphotoshopped women look like.

Sooooo beyond all the overemotional bullshit for/against it, any sober pre(re)views yet?

Anyone got an example of what the characters discussed here look like? Not exactly the most important bit to me, but easiest to discuss without playing.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.