Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    there is, you can spiral through 10 people for an acheive, or just shoot them down with the net gun.
    and the reward other then the acheive is possibly killing them and getting honor/bloody tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

idk if you know but you have NEVER been supposed to play wow and only wow every single day, the devs have on record in the past said they understand, are fine with, and agree with their players logging in when an expansion launches, playing a couple months, then unsubbing till the next patch comes out, resub for a month, then leave again, rinse and repeat.
    MMO's are not made/meant to be a "Play this game and only this game"
    Achievements are very optional, bloody tokens, well, i think i have like 15k in excess of what i can reasonably use.
    Honor ditto.

I am more talking about like, i dunno, mount customisations, functional (local) upgrades to your dragonriding mount, cosmetics, crafting recipes if we're really stretching it.

I mean it's not strictly speaking rewardless or unincentivised, but it could be a lot better on both counts, as well as better facilitated.

Like just spitballing here but: Some item, let's call it "war armor" that you can equip on your mount, like a "pvp mode" inside a "pvp mode" for dragonriding.

It opens up some options like, i dunno, breathing out fireballs or using a mid range dragonbreath flamethrower with your mount.
    It protects against the instant dismount mechanic of the spiralling, but it also disables it for yourself. Instead you can use your own tools that are of only minor consequence for unarmored foes (think of the fire mechanic from the races), but which take a chunk of "dragon HP" or whatever off of other "war armor" enabled players, allowing much more interesting aerial sparring.
    Like you have a loadout of different abilities, think one breath weapon, one armor-mounted tool (smokescreen, wind-creator, whatever), one trained technique ("do a barrel roll!", "do a salto!", etc.) sort of deal.

And then you just let the players loose in the skies.
    Last edited by loras; 2023-04-01 at 11:16 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Looks like you completed the area and can now move on to more challenging content.

It's a catch up zone it did its job you played the heck out of it now move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    WoW players out there hailing Timeless Isle as if it was great and then having take like this guy lmao
    Timeless Isle was great, it was a fun period for WoW.

But a lot of those takes, people tend to forget it felt so fresh because everyone was just given a fresh new level 90 and not every person has a char of every class, so the game felt double fresh at the time for so many people. Getting a char to 90 took a long time, it felt like a present.

Timeless Isle today would not hold up to standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateo View Post
    Dragonflight on launch was very fun, but so was every other expansion in wows history including mop, wod, and Shadowlands.
    IMO. the smartest way to play MMOs is to join up each expansion and major patch, play for a month, then quit until the next one. That way you avoid all the grind and always consume new content. Of course WoW doesn't want its players to do that because it's monetized via subscription, so you get tons of retention mechanisms which usually don't offer particularly fun gameplay.

Dragonflight pulled back on that stuff a lot, which is why it was so well-received. If you don't want to play it like a job, you don't have to. It's the polar opposite of something like Lost Ark, where if you skip logging-in for a day and don't clear a ton of time-gated stuff on a bunch of alts to power-up your main you're behind forever. That FOMO is awful.

So yeah it's more player-friendly, but that also makes it, I daresay, less addictive. I'm happy about that, but the suits may not be.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2023-04-03 at 03:51 PM.

It's still cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Timeless Isle was fun (for me) for two weeks, non-coincidentally about the same as Forbidden Reach. Of course if you were on a PvP server you had a vastly different experience.

Problem with the Timeless Isle was it was current content for nine months.

I'm a bit disappointed with the vault. I thought it would be a bit like army training. Like you can open a few doors first week. Second week those doors stay open and you can open a few more. And eventually you have them all opened.
    Not farm 30 keys each week... It's only been 2 weeks but it's wearing out on me. And I think one of the bigger reasons is the amount of CRAP they fill my bags with.

There really isn't that much stuff in the vaults, so we won't need to do it every week. After you max out your ring there's just a couple of toys and pets remaining. It may be faster to farm keys now in current content, but it'll be quick enough solo at level 80 too so no particular hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The zone does its purpose of making it easy for alts to catch up, good thing I waited with alts because of that. I can't say its fun to do all these rares who are mostly deep within caves and the moment you arrive they are probably dead by then.
    Hardly. Even with 20 people it takes a good amout of time to kill it. With dragonriding, you have absolutely no excuse for not making it in time.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its nothing more but an island for groups to zerg.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    There really isn't that much stuff in the vaults, so we won't need to do it every week. After you max out your ring there's just a couple of toys and pets remaining. It may be faster to farm keys now in current content, but it'll be quick enough solo at level 80 too so no particular hurry.
    I figured you can just do it once get the ring, join a few grps for vault keys, destroy/buy the stones and collect the ones you want at vendor. Then use all your destroyed stone currency to set in couple of work orders (of you are not a jc) for your upgrades and done.

I though it was hilarious those work orders were instant, appearntly some people are waiting in front of their screens for some one to add those elementials. That part took me like 5 minutes to get..

Agree on rewards, its not really the effort, nor is there much gameplay involved. Its a shame its all focus on catch up, atleast it feels like.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-04-04 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mortalblow View Post
    That is the problem about open world areas in WoW. They are literally catchups for other gameplay. They should be the main attraction.
    That isn't how WoW has ever worked since day one, so I'm not sure where you'd get the impression that the open world area should be the main thing.

How can anyone ever run out of vigor? Have you not learned to fly upwards when using skyward ascent? But I agree that it could have been much more interesting with just a little bit of effort, like a couple more quests and maybe small quest hubs at the "elite caves". Even a few "bring me 10 wolf pelts" style daily quests would have been nice. And I really don't understand the vaults, I thought it would be a challenge or something like torghast, but there is no meaning to get a "new" vault next week because you got all the stuff the first week anyway, and the rooms are the same but in different places.

That is the problem about open world areas in WoW. They are literally catchups for other gameplay. They should be the main attraction.
    In what way? Been doing forbidden reach with my main, its cool enough. Dont really need the gear though, but thats not the main focus for me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Agree on rewards, its not really the effort, nor is there much gameplay involved. Its a shame its all focus on catch up, atleast it feels like.
    I dunno, I just look at it as early catch-up for patch 10.1. Launch patch is getting long in the tooth, so why not let people get their alts ready early? Good stuff all-around really.

I'm getting to the point where I'm 100% done with the zone, personally. But that's fine because 10.1 is out in a month.

If this was current content for 6 months, that would be.... bad.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I dunno, I just look at it as early catch-up for patch 10.1. Launch patch is getting long in the tooth, so why not let people get their alts ready early? Good stuff all-around really.
    Its not perse bad, but Its only that realy.. not much else there sadly. It doesnt have much for mains, but hey not here to argue over 0.x patches and wether thats for alts or mains. Something I noticed fairly early on, that it will likely not be for me and it turned out to be true.

Yep not a lot for your main, although a bunch of specs will use the ring for a couple of months.

Think back to Korthia, where we all were forced to grind that Archivist's rep for sockets immediately after grinding Ve'nari rep for sockets in the previous season. Pretty big change now where the content is optional. You enjoy it? Do it. Otherwise do something else.

From the name of the game.

It is "World of Warcraft" and not "Mythic plus of Warcraft".

Beside that i am really unhappy about the fact that my favourite part of the game is nothing but a starter gear dressing room for raiders and mythic plus players.
    You cut out the part of "WoW has never been about open world content as the main way to progress".

The title is irrelevant, otherwise where's the warcrafting

In classic WoW you literally could play months and years in the open world and would find novelty.
    Omg this...so much!
    It became an addiction! I thought I would never quit.

Zereth mortis got lots of cool stuff, while forbidden reach got stuff for...alt gearing is all?