Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Texas ranks amongst the lowest when it comes to educational standards and I don't want to put words in your mouth but you are basically advocating for using public funds for religious indoctrination because when they grow up they can "decide". Maybe I am misunderstanding you but if parents want a Christian education there's no shortage of private schools and school voucher programs they can use.

The entire issue here is the focus on one religion because if it was just exposure to everything then it would be fine. Those non Christian parents shouldn't have to suffer because they are not in the majority, that's the same shit that kept Jim Crow going for so long.
    No I didn’t nobody is paying for my kid’s education but us. Fine line between public and private. I support both. This should not be in a public school.

I just said personally I like the 10 commandments. I just don’t think it should be put in public schools.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Again I disagree with the this. No it’s doesn’t matter how you or I feel. My child their children aren’t yours. It doesn’t matter what you or I think they should know unless they are being harmed.

Basic standards of education is all I would support and require. As for religious and faith based teaching to each their own. This is simply in my view of crossing the line in to public as for private as long as they teach the standards and aren’t harmed it’s non of anybody’s business but the parents.

Kids grow up and they can decide what education they value moving forward.
    That's where you are factually wrong.

You keep screwing up with your lack of understanding on what "Basic Standards" are. If they are indoctrinating their kids to NOT know how things work intentionally, they aren't meeting those basic standards.

Kids grow up and end up too stupid to know how the world works because their parents put their feelings ahead of their family and sold their kids out because learning facts made baby Jesus cry as far as they were concerned. And the damage their parents did to their future may never be able to be repaired due to how hard it is to unlearn their programming and just how far they fell behind in the potential.

This isn't a disagreement, this is you not understanding what "Basic Standards" are and flat out being wrong about it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again I disagree with the this. No it’s doesn’t matter how you or I feel. My child their children aren’t yours. It doesn’t matter what you or I think they should know unless they are being harmed.
    This is just not how anything works. Not letting your children be properly educated to State standards is an obvious form of negligence and can and will lose parents their custodial rights to those children. Because those parents are abusive and negligent.

"I've got to be abusive and negligent to my kids because my faith demands it" is just an explanation for why you're a shitty, abusive parent, not a defense that you aren't harming your kids on purpose.

@Doctor Amadeus

And it does matter how they raise their kids when their kids grow up to be bigots who try and hurt and kill others because their fucked in the head family taught them that way or they end up in a job that requires knowledge that they SHOULD have learned in school but never did.

I say this because I have family who's dad doesn't want them going to school because he thinks its too liberal and instead allowing them to do online and has no issues with them cheating because he doesn't care if they know the stuff so long as they have the paper to pretend they know. And guess what, they live in Florida.

I hope their kids go back to school when they get older but otherwise they won't amount to any job that has any actual educational requirements which hurts their future and damages their potential as a parent later on when they may mess up and throw their kids under the same bus they got thrown under because the weren't taught to the basic standards they should have been while you sit there and make excuses for.

So, you might enjoy doing your best tehdang impersonation, but your comments don't match reality.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    That's where you are factually wrong.

You keep screwing up with your lack of understanding on what "Basic Standards" are. If they are indoctrinating their kids to NOT know how things work intentionally, they aren't meeting those basic standards.

Kids grow up and end up too stupid to know how the world works because their parents put their feelings ahead of their family and sold their kids out because learning facts made baby Jesus cry as far as they were concerned. And the damage their parents did to their future may never be able to be repaired due to how hard it is to unlearn their programming and just how far they fell behind in the potential.

This isn't a disagreement, this is you not understanding what "Basic Standards" are and flat out being wrong about it.

Nope flat out disagree. My kids aren’t yours neither are the kids whose parents elect faith based education with basic.

In Minnesota to be legal and accredited you have to have certain basic standards learned and taught as I said as long as children aren’t being harmed that’s the limit.

IT’s doesn’t matter outside of that what you object to if they’re not your kids.

Plenty of faith based jobs and careers along those that aren’t. When kids are adults they choose to reject or not further any teachings that’s up to them.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2023-04-23 at 12:11 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Best bet this MAGA hypocrite wouldn't be happy if they made it so the Quran was taught in public schools, but 10 commandments is "kind of iffy and not the end of the world."

Nope flat out disagree. My kids aren’t yours neither are the kids whose parents elect faith based education with basic.

In Minnesota to be legal and accredited you have to have certain basic standards learned and taught as I said as long as children aren’t being harmed that’s the limit.

IT’s doesn’t matter outside of that what you object to if they’re not your kids.
    Whether you disagree or not is irrelevant, you are wrong. Your kids aren't mine, but....

If your kid starts killing people because you taught them hate, as is your faith for many, that is our problem.

If your kid has to sign his name with an "X" because learning language made Jesus cry, that is the nations problem.

If your kid joins a hate group because of your faith, that is our problem.

If your kid tries to get into public housing or countless other professions and needs knowledge of our history and doesn't know it because that "Made white kids feel bad" that is our problem.

If your kid has 12 kids because he wasn't taught safe sex and instead was taught abstinence only and no masturbation and end up needing a ton of welfare. That is our problem. And a host of other things.

And again. You fail on what Basic Standards are, this whole thing is because they are trying to avoid teaching to basic standards and actually reduce those standards below what should be acceptable.

Edit:

If your kid denies science that is the nations problem. Especially if that ignorance and blind faith has him pushing lies and denying stuff that gets millions killed because of it.

Or if that ignorance of science has him pushing to get women maimed and killed forcing lives to be created only to live in terrible conditions while claiming its their religions view even when it isn't but they are trying to force their views onto the nation through law.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2023-04-23 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Whether you disagree or not is irrelevant, you are wrong. Your kids aren't mine, but....

If your kid starts killing people because you taught them hate, as is your faith for many, that is our problem.

If your kid has to sign his name with an "X" because learning language made Jesus cry, that is the nations problem.

If your kid joins a hate group because of your faith, that is our problem.

If your kid tries to get into public housing or countless other professions and needs knowledge of our history and doesn't know it because that "Made white kids feel bad" that is our problem.

If your kid has 12 kids because he wasn't taught safe sex and instead was taught abstinence only and no masturbation and end up needing a ton of welfare. That is our problem. And a host of other things.

And again. You fail on what Basic Standards are, this whole thing is because they are trying to avoid teaching to basic standards and actually reduce those standards below what should be acceptable.

Edit:

If your kid denies science that is the nations problem. Especially if that ignorance and blind faith has him pushing lies and denying stuff that gets millions killed because of it.

Or if that ignorance of science has him pushing to get women maimed and killed forcing lives to be created only to live in terrible conditions while claiming its their religions view even when it isn't but they are trying to force their views onto the nation through law.
    You are right, pushing state run religious indoctrination on kids is the actual grooming.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    You are right, pushing state run religious indoctrination on kids is the actual grooming.
    Yep, and @Doctor Amadeus responses have repeatedly him rephrasing the fact that he doesn't know what Basic Standards are repeatedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Ill wait for the courts to rule on that first before passing judgement. Its kind of iffy but its not the end of the world
    If you had respect for the constitution the notion of the state pushing a single religion should appall you, "court decision" be damned.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legitimate question: How many Republicans do people think actually follow all 10 commandments?

Considering one of the commandments is "Thou shalt have no god before me (or worship false idols)" that's already one broken, considering so many already worship Trump as the next messiah sent by god. Then there's the one about not coveting (i.e. greed) that is just blatantly broken by pretty much every single one of them every day. The Texas state lawmakers get a salary in the range of 150k but many of them are literally worth millions only after being elected.

Then there's the one about adultery which as we know from recent history on the internet, and widely supported comments from the conservative sphere about how men cheating is totally fine is just... absolutely hilarious.

I'll believe these chucklefucks want to teach their kids the ten commandments when they start following them.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    these are the same people that will scream when their kid cant get into any college after they finish k-12 with the mindset "God wills it so" is a valid answer in any stem course
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Legitimate question: How many Republicans do people think actually follow all 10 commandments?

Considering one of the commandments is "Thou shalt have no god before me (or worship false idols)" that's already one broken, considering so many already worship Trump as the next messiah sent by god. Then there's the one about not coveting (i.e. greed) that is just blatantly broken by pretty much every single one of them every day. The Texas state lawmakers get a salary in the range of 150k but many of them are literally worth millions only after being elected.

Then there's the one about adultery which as we know from recent history on the internet, and widely supported comments from the conservative sphere about how men cheating is totally fine is just... absolutely hilarious.

I'll believe these chucklefucks want to teach their kids the ten commandments when they start following them.
    Not to mention bear false witness considering the metric load of bullshit they spread. I do believe a certain company just lost a billion dollars for doing just that in fact...
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2023-04-23 at 01:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    A short guide to reading religious texts:

If you like what you read, it's to be taken literally. If you dislike it, it's an allegory; not to be taken literally, and can be thus ignored, or be made to mean something you do like.

So yes, in a totally fucked-up manner, they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The Senate also gave final passage to Senate Bill 1396, authored by Sen. Mayes Middleton, R-Galveston, which would allow public and charter schools to adopt a policy requiring every campus to set aside a time for students and employees to read the Bible or other religious texts and to pray.

So, Quran, Bhagavad Gita, Tripitaka, Tao Te Ching are allowed? How about Sholat (Muslim 5-daily prayers)?

Faith is just as equally valid education.
    No. No, it's not. At all. Ever.

Well I don't have any problem with it. The 10 Commandments in my opinion is pretty good sounds structure. I am not saying however I support this. Because if people want that kind of thing in schools they should do so at a private school.
    Weird how it should only be in private schools and yet it's equal to normal education.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    these are the same people that will scream when their kid cant get into any college after they finish k-12 with the mindset "God wills it so" is a valid answer in any stem course
    Nah. These are the people who pretend that colleges are just leftist indoctrination centers, while bemoaning the fact that they can't make compulsory education part of the conservative indoctrination apparatus. Half of the time because some conservative propagandist with a degree from a prestigious school tells them that's what they should believe...

Plenty of garbage taught in public schools many would never want their kids exposed to. I support that religious or not.
    I'd love to hear what this "garbage" is and not just some crackpot in Florida not wanting black history to be taught. Religion has no place no place in schools.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly someone hasn't heard the phrase "It takes a village" when it comes to raising children.

Plenty of faith based jobs and careers along those that aren’t.
    What the hell is a "faith based job" that isn't playing the lottery and hoping you win or being a priest and using faith to diddle children?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account

Plenty of faith based jobs and careers along those that aren’t. When kids are adults they choose to reject or not further any teachings that’s up to them.
    You're missing the point. Whether you find it "acceptable" for a public school to prescribe religious principles is completely irrelevant.

Regardless of how important you do or do not find "religious teachings" to be.

Regardless of whether or not "faith-based jobs" exist or not.

Regardless of what parents decide to teach kids at home.

It does not change the fact that the first amendment states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." This is doing exactly that: erecting a monument to a specific faith, with the intent of pushing a specific faith's teachings and edicts, upon the grounds of a public school.

You would have to be equally okay with a state declaring that all public schools must inscribe the seven pillars of Islam above their door frame. And from there what's to stop them from having children pray whilst facing mecca? Or making it mandatory for female students to wear traditional islamic head coverings?

Or that schools go the other direction, and chisel "there is no God or gods" over the lintel, and force every child to renounce any "superstitious beliefs" at least once a day?

Would you be okay with those things? Because those are no different than what you're prescribing should be "okay" within the auspices of what a public school can do in regards to religion. You're just "okay" with the way it is now because it's the one you choose to follow.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2023-04-23 at 04:41 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I'd love to hear what this "garbage" is and not just some crackpot in Florida not wanting black history to be taught. Religion has no place no place in schools.
    While I think religions are human-fabricated bollocks, I don't quite agree that they have no place in schools. Whether we like it or not, they have basically always been a thing, and continue to shape humanity. Possibly forever. So yes, it is an important topic to learn about, and should be taught, but only in a very neutral manner, never trying to "sell" any religion as some kind of truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?