Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm certain Murdoch wasn't pleased at all with the settlement to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Trump/Tucker 2024

calling it now
    Err Tucker running for President might be the spicey take. He is media savvy, fan base, pitched white supremacy, even pitched some populist ideas such as "I like the working people".

Back in the day I gave Fox the almighty powerful that when Bill O'Reilly was fired he was just a cog at Fox. O'Reilly wasn't the reason Fox was popular it was the opposite. When Tucker replaced O'Reilly the numbers went up from the #1 show. Once again mainly going full white nationalism and racism, thrown in with trying to be some populist. So yes, I wonder who will be the next and just because it's primetime Fox the viewers will stay tuned.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Man tucker carlson getting fired is the best news I've seen in years

There is something so satisfying, and correct, that the last thing Tucker said on his show; "I'll see you on Monday" turned out to be a lie.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Wait until tomorrrow.

Fox News has hired Don Lemon to take over Tucker Carlson Tonight and renamed "Don Lemon Tonight"

CNN has hired Tucker Carlson to take over for Don Lemon and the show is being renamed "CNN Tonight with Tucker Carlson"
    The irony if Don took Tuckers spot after the years of Tucker spewing the great replacement vileness.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Man tucker carlson getting fired is the best news I've seen in years
    Too bad it wasn't followed by something like "and has been blacklisted from the industry".

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats Liberals! We DID it.
    *Drinks Bud Light*

Is it the racism? the election denial? The wanton cruelty? The countless lies after lies after lies?
    Nope, I Glem Greenwald know the REAL reason Libs dislike Tucker: it's because he's so handsome, popular and anti-war.

I think Glem is forgetting that's he already a married man.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rekt Cucker Tarlson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Wait until tomorrrow.

Fox News has hired Don Lemon to take over Tucker Carlson Tonight and renamed "Don Lemon Tonight"

CNN has hired Tucker Carlson to take over for Don Lemon and the show is being renamed "CNN Tonight with Tucker Carlson"
    It's so good, I want it to happen just to farm the memes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Yes, but they didn't announce it with the settlement and if it were actually a planned event, they would already have had the replacement lined up and even if they were keeping it a secret from Tucker himself until the end, they would have had time to pull his ads when they did it.

This sounds like we have something else in the mix as those were already known and this is abrupt enough to suggest something else prompted it or this wouldn't have gone like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Think of it this way.

A)If Fox and Tucker had agreed to this after the settlement, the replacement would have been handled, the ads pulled and Tucker giving a farewell on his last episode.

B)If Fox had planned this and kept it a secret from Tucker, the replacement would have been handled silently in the background, and the ads pulled with his episode going like it did.

C)This is a case where neither Fox or Tucker had planned on it this quickly and Fox is scrambling. So, the Abby case didn't cause it nor did the settlement as they were already known. So, what evidence or new charge came to their attention for Fox to kick him out the door so quickly?

D)Or did Tucker just tell Fox he was done and left Fox scrambling on his way out?

C & D are the only real options here that I can see.
    My guess is a meeting between Tucker and top Fox folks went badly. Could be Tucker refusing some demands from on high on approving his stories or some level of censor, lots of shouting back and forth and him getting fired on the spot for refusing to play ball.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    my personal guess

the Dominion settlement did require a PROPER apology
    Fox as a company didn't because they don't wanna risk all the Jan 6 inmates trying to sue them for legal fees or something
    Tucker (as one of the main sources) was told he needed to both apologize and admit Dominion did nothing wrong succinctly.
    He refused, and then spent the week tripleling down.
    At that point, Fox canned his ass before Dominion's lawyers sent some goons.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    My guess is a meeting between Tucker and top Fox folks went badly. Could be Tucker refusing some demands from on high on approving his stories or some level of censor, lots of shouting back and forth and him getting fired on the spot for refusing to play ball.
    Could see that one as a possibility too. Given Tuckers past, it could honestly be either C, D or your suggestion.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I guess my question is now with this settlement and Fucker leaving Fox is he now fair game for dominion if he runs his mouth about rigged machines or is he covered for any exposure then and going forward.
    He is not covered going forwards. And the claims are even more false now. Carlson isn't anywhere near that stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess Tucker is like the most influential conservative who isn't a politician? I think only old people watch TV anymore, I'd rather watch a YouTuber like Dave Rubin for some conservative news commentary. In 2023 I can't tune in to most conservative commentators unless they don't really care about religion and abortion and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I guess Tucker is like the most influential conservative who isn't a politician? I think only old people watch TV anymore, I'd rather watch a YouTuber like Dave Rubin for some conservative news commentary. In 2023 I can't tune in to most conservative commentators unless they don't really care about religion and abortion and stuff like that.
    Telling you think Rubin is less a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    He is in the sense that his audience is miniscule compared to Carlson's. Still a worthless lying grifter platforming the worst people and even worse ideas, but there is a difference.

To me, the most telling thing about Fox, and everything here, is that CNN has it right on their front page that they fired Don Lemon today. It's right next to Tucker Carlson's ouster.

Fox News does not mention Tucker's removal on the site. You can find it if you use the search, linked to a video where it was announced on air. That's it. That's all you get for the host of Fox's second most-watched show on the network.

Fox does, of course, mention Don Lemon's removal multiple times, including in the "LORDY THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT NEWS OF THE MINUTE" bar.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance, less opportunity for that stupid fucknut to spread his bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Fox News does not mention Tucker's removal on the site. You can find it if you use the search, linked to a video where it was announced on air. That's it.
    We saw the same with all the other Dominion articles. In other words, swept under the rug. And yes, they're desperate for anything other than their misfortune to be top front center.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Well then who is your favorite political news commentator? It's probably just some leftist conspiracy theorist who says that a small group of greedy rich people are causing society's problems.