Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hyjal. Fits the best.
    But honestly i don't think the dragonisles are that bad either.
    I would not want to live even on the same continent of the city that destroyed my whole civilization.

I also don't think the nightelves are particularily attached to teldrassil. How old was the tree? 10 years? How old are most nightelves? Thousands of years?

The new city is to consolidate and prevent further loss. Dragonisles are best suited for this. No strong horde base anywhere at all. Only place in the world i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Back where it was.
    Teldrassil was the most enchanting starting zone, both in visuals and sound. They shouldn't have changed one thing about it.
    And here we are having some interesting view, and that is kinda up to debate for me, basically it is a "lore making sense and narrative" VS "zone look good" it is interesting because the same can be said about Grizzly Hills zone.

The thing is, Azure Spane showed us that it was possible to re-do/remake the vibe of a zone without the lore problems that were linked to it in the first place.

All in all, they can remake the Teldrassil Vibes into Hyjal or any other zone they will choose (and you can still do the teldrasill starting zone nowadays so its not like its gone and selecting different starting could be a thing as it is possible already.)

BFA and SL was just a nightmare for me. Darnassus is still my capital.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Back where it was. Teldrassil was the most enchanting starting zone, both in visuals and sound. They shouldn't have changed one thing about it.
    Agreed.
    The whole "burning" was a shit idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Agreed.
    The whole "burning" was a shit idea.
    And it was done through shit ways too. And it was only a minor portion of the stupidity happening during BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mount Hyjal, in the meantime

And.... Teldrassil is not dead. So, the NE's will go back, or atleast some of them.

Well if you definitely, want a new tree, we could use the isles of the Draenei starting zone, Azuremyst Isle and Bloodmyst Isle??
    The Draenei spaceship is or should be dismantled by now, right?
    And the NE's can help to heal these islands further...??
    Also it's pretty close to Teldrassil.

But by using the portals through the Emerald Dream, it does not matter what we want, where a 'new' Worldtree should come.
    I think it's more important which location, needs the Tree? For world balance?
    Where would you like to plant one?
    Why?
    And who do you want to bless it?

Teldrassil really gave me a sense of wonder when I started wow all those years ago. My first character was dead for quite a while in its boughs (I fell off while exploring, could not find a way to reach my corpse since it landed on a branch)
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-04-28 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obvious10 View Post
    And.... Teldrassil is not dead. So, the NE's will go back, or atleast some of them.
    Now there's an idea; have new players do quests to help regrow Teldrassil over the length of an expansion.
    Then invade Undercity and kill everything and anything that moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds great

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Fact is the combined Horde easily slaughtered the NEs. Nothing the NEs do is going to change the fact that they are unable to protect themselves against the Horde onslaught. Putting a token rebel force and consequently beating it means nothing.
    The NEs "beat" the Horde in darkshore, how great was that?

- - - Updated - - -

They are unreliable in the way that they failed to stop the Horde in War of Thorns, next time they will fail again or be unwilling to do anything just as they were unwilling for the Darkshore retaking.
    The NEs need to take control of their own future, and being on a magical island guarded by dragons means that the Horde cannot genocide them again even if they tried... logically anyways.

And when the NEs are strong enough they can take back what's theirs, the Horde being completely unable to strike at their heart like they did last time.
    Its a win win scenario
    Combined horde force, attacking a ragtag militia and a few city guards, with an element of surprise and rallying all resources they could put into it.

Does not sound bad at all, comparatively. I mean USSR also technically won Winter War but nobody says finns were weak.

With their entire army present and not following Alliance’s directives to “go to the other end of the world” i dont think its impossible to say that they can defend against similar attack.

Also again, forsaken, orcs and belves all defeated much stronger enemies against any reason or logic.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Hyjal. Fits the best.
    But honestly i don't think the dragonisles are that bad either.
    I would not want to live even on the same continent of the city that destroyed my whole civilization.

I also don't think the nightelves are particularily attached to teldrassil. How old was the tree? 10 years? How old are most nightelves? Thousands of years?

The new city is to consolidate and prevent further loss. Dragonisles are best suited for this. No strong horde base anywhere at all. Only place in the world i think.
    If you move your population to the Dragon Isles you are effectively abandoning Northern Kalimdor with all its cultural significance to the Horde. Between Orcs and Goblins, they will have stripmined Ashenvale and despoiled the homes of various nature spirits within a few years at most.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be Hyjal or dragon isles.

I remember all the crazy theories people had of the burning of the tree, then we find out it was the most obvious outcome. Dont think to hard is my suggestion.

With Gilneas returning eventually, I could see them rebuilding their connection with the night elves, maybe have a dock there or portal there. I am more excited about the return of Gilneas, because that city is amazing.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-04-28 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    With Gilneas returning eventually, I could see them rebuilding their connection with the night elves, maybe have a dock there or portal there. I am more excited about the return of Gilneas, because that city is amazing.
    I think it is an interesting environment but the city itself is kind of tiny. It's why I know that even if we get an update I am not going to be satisfied; Gilneas City should be of similar size to Boralus (as should SW, Lordaeron, Stromgarde etc)
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-04-28 at 11:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Mount Hyjal, seems the obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Getting along with the breed. Not with the nation.
    it's like "Don't blame all russians for the thing that COUNTRY russia does".
    Which imo, is the more intelligent and wise thing to do it also shows incredible control especially if you are consumed by the dark rage f vengeance. She managed to specifically hone that against Sylvanas in the end and not the entire horde or even the whole races represented in that campaign It also probably helped that the horde held the perpetrators to account and dissociated themselves from them. Thalyssra was one of those as was Mayla.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think it is an interesting environment but the city itself is kind of tiny. It's why I know that even if we get an update I am not going to be satisfied; Gilneas City should be of similar size to Boralus (as should SW, Lordaeron, Stromgarde etc)
    Its big enough tbh, with several houses and villages spread across the map, altho some are gone cus of the cataclysm.

The city itself had a Amsterdam kind of idea with circels. The victorian look is great and obviously going back to Gilneas, means some rebuilding. The size will be more then fine, no issue for me there. They could expand the city with an extra ring of building and another wall, but I liked you could go on walls and enter buildings.

Shame they never went with the in the city bg that they announced pre cata. What we got, was far from the original idea. Gilneas still has potential.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-04-28 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It will probably be Hyjal or dragon isles.

I remember all the crazy theories people had of the burning of the tree, then we find out it was the most obvious outcome. Dont think to hard is my suggestion.

I like Gilneas as an ally, but not joined at the hip to the night elves. I think there are better stories and esp an allied race even from the night elven Worgen who started coming back from the Emerald dream in Legion.

Also I think there is a lot of room for improvements and xcellent developments to come from night elven friendships with Draenei and a rekindling of kinshi with void elves which can be a story of itself.

It would give the alliance much needed breathing room for the human monopoly of alliance racial interactions and restore the bigger night elf scope which feels restrictive and limiting with only one race as friends esp when there can be a lot of connection with others like Draenei, void elves , Pandas and even Dracthyr

t

The best case scenario is for the NEs to get big suramar city thing in Dragon Isles and get a semi capital city in Moonglade that teleports the player to the said capital.
    if ever Night Elves get invaded they can run to the portal and close it and even if the enemy invades through it there are a lot of green dragons to help stop the threat.
    Well, forming an alliance with their Suramar kin, on the basis of the Order of Elune returning home could work and would be a sure way of preventing horde aggression.

They have many other basis to pursue that outside the sisterhood. Including the survival of their nearly extinct kind and rebuilding their civilisation

This is probably the worst thing, Tyrande is totally allowed and within her right to spit at every Horde character that crosses her path.
    It makes her more human and makes the story more interesting. Why does every character have to live up to jesus to be good?
    Yes, she has a right, but such actions are governed by a person’s character, personality, training and external influences like drugs or magic.

Given this is not Tyrande’s first racial genocide experience, and unlike the Legiin this are actual people manipulated and deceived.
    Last edited by Mace; 2023-04-28 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Which imo, is the more intelligent and wise thing to do it also shows incredible control especially if you are consumed by the dark rage f vengeance. She managed to specifically hone that against Sylvanas in the end and not the entire horde or even the whole races represented in that campaign It also probably helped that the horde held the perpetrators to account and dissociated themselves from them. Thalyssra was one of those as was Mayla.
    It doesn't change that voluntarily all those governments helped to destroy the Kaldoreir. Apart according to the novels and the story of the wedding. The Kaldorei are not on good terms even with the alliance.

Yeah lots of people have navies, it wasn't a problem with Teldrassil and it probably won't be a problem now.
    Cannon: They have to surround a continent
    Mmeta-Cannon: The Horde couldn't break through the first Kaldorei zone either. Until in BFA he was able to go through all of them.

Again you are mixing meta with canon explanation, the dragons have made it very clear that no conflict will be brought to their shores, if the Zandalari come with their ships to attack Dragon Isles, and yes this includes the new tree, they will have to face the dragons too.
    Back.
    You lose the Dranei, the Elders, the Diadras and all the Allies the Kaldorei have in Kalimndor. (that among them there are dragons).

And for the lore so far. Dragons are not very reliable allies. They have a habit of always waiting until enough Kaldorei have been killed before entering the conflict. (for one reason or another)

This is what we call the strawman argument.
    The Night Elves are too weak and damaged to hold off the Horde and recover from War of Thorns, the relocation is a good thing, being away from the Horde is a good thing.
    What is canonically happening since "Exploring Kalimdor".

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    And again, since you very conveniently decided to not address it. Moving to a hypothetical new capital in the Dragon Isles would not stop them from being able to continue their protection of the parts of Kalimdor they currently hold. Ashenvale, Feralas and Hyjal, their only significant strongholds on the continent, all have dream portals that could be reached via a nexus like the Dreamway from the already existing portal held by the Green dragonflight. A new city, built in the vicinity of that portal, would allow them even easier defense of their holdings on the continent than Teldrassil did.

THAT is entirely characteristic.
    I didn't address because it makes no sense. If Night Elves can't defend North Kalimdor whist living in it what hope do they have when they completely ceded from their territory and trying fight via singular choke points to gain entrance back into these areas? I think Night Elves would be very aware the moment they leave the Horde would just start deforesting all of Kalimdor en masse.