What races should have given more proofs of their trustworthiness to their factions ?

Which races in the Alliance and the Horde, and other organisations, do you think were let in or let back too easily despite a bad past between these races and their new allies and/or a more or less well-deserved reputation and other factors indicating untrustworthiness that should have made it far more difficult for them to be accepted or accepted back ? What should these races or groups have done to prove at least that they could be trusted to an extent or that their usefulness and power were worth the risk of them joining or rejoining a faction ?

No doubt that, even with it being said that Thrall and many orcs were relucdant at accepting the Forsaken in the Horde and that they didn't really trust them, there should have been many more signs of distrust and wariness from the Horde toward Sylvanas Windrunner and the Forsaken in general, especially after the Wrathgate and the discoveries of the Blight and of the abominable things done and created by the Apothecaries in the Undercity, and that more measures should have been taken to make sure of the Forsaken not betraying the Horde or getting away with their actions in the story than just posting Kor'krons in the Undercity. No doubt that it should have taken more time for the Horde to actually accept them as official members of the Horde, with the Forsaken doing things to at least present themselves as valuable allies before.

Similarly for the Alliance, the Dark Iron Dwarves should have been accepted with far more difficulty and wariness by their new allies, given the Dark Irons' reputation for cruelty, treachery and wrathfulness, as well as of their deep ties with Ragnaros, their uses of dark magics and their hostile history not only with their fellow dwarves but also with the humans of Stormwind and the gnomes of Gnomeregan (with Dark Irons having ties with Sicco Thermaplugg). It should have taken far more time for them to be fully trusted, and them doing more to justify their return to Ironforge and entry in the Alliance such as them proving their worth in several battles (for example in my battle of Stromgarde scenario, I see this battle scenario as it being a test to see if the Dark Irons could could be useful and trusted against the Forsaken and the Horde, with the Dark Irons proving their worth with their golems, fire and shadow magics and own dirty tactics being very useful against the Forsaken).
    Last edited by Terrorthatflapsinthenight; 2023-05-14 at 02:21 PM.

Definitely the Forsaken and Dark irons, I agree with you there, but... beyond that... honestly most of the new folks joining have been pretty well vetted.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Definitely the Forsaken and Dark irons, I agree with you there, but... beyond that... honestly most of the new folks joining have been pretty well vetted.
    Even Gallywix ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Even Gallywix ?
    Gallywix is not all goblins, though I agree the Horde should've taken a harder stance on any goblins still using troll slave labor in Kezan.
    Twas brillig

The Goblins aren't loyal, but there isn't really anyone else out there with the 1. wealth and 2. desire to hire a lot of Goblin engineers. The Alliance is richer but they already have the Gnomes, who are loyal and produce high quality and far more reliable products, so there is no reason for the Alliance to contract Goblins. Pandaria is filled with riches but its populace are unambitious and content with being farmers, nor would they want to see the Goblins digging up holes and spewing muk everywhere. There are a few small organizations that could afford to hire a few goblin engineers (pirate crews, maybe some evil organization like the Twilight's Hammer or Primalists if they have managed to loot treasure from whatever ruin they raided and took up residence in). The rest of Azeroth is poor, either made up of small tribes like Furbolgs and Tuskurr, or made up of kingdoms that were destroyed and looted (Zul'Drak, Grim Batol, etc). That leaves the Horde as pretty much the only faction left in Azeroth that has a demand for engineering and construction projects and also has the means to supply money to pay for it.

Every Alliance race. Before the glory of unification they expressed such disgusting features like different perspectives and uniqueness, which are antithetical to the Alliance. They should have provided a certificate of their human potential before even applying to join.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

See I get what you are saying about the Dark Irons but politically, the Dark Irons had to be accepted in Ironforge after the events with Moira or there would have been another civil war among the dwarves. That means that since Cata the Dark Irons have been mingling with the Bronzebeards and Wildhammers. By WoD a small number of them are accepted enough to be trusted in the Alliance structure (Thaelin), interestingly after the events of MoP and the Zandalari/Frostmane attack on Ironforge and Varian helping Moira out. It is only in BfA that they have gained significant acceptance and it is clear from the few quests we do have that there was an inquisition against Ragnaros loyalists in the meantime, having removed them from Shadowforge City. There was enough time for the Dark Irons to have been grudgingly accepted.

By far the biggest wild card imo is Umbric and the Void Elves who have been accepted entirely on Alleria and thus Turalyon's word.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-31 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    See I get what you are saying about the Dark Irons but politically, the Dark Irons had to be accepted in Ironforge after the events with Moira or there would have been another civil war among the dwarves. That means that since Cata the Dark Irons have been mingling with the Bronzebeards and Wildhammers. By WoD a small number of them are accepted enough to be trusted in the Alliance structure (Thaelin), interestingly after the events of MoP and the Zandalari/Frostmane attack on Ironforge and Varian helping Moira out. It is only in BfA that they have gained significant acceptance and it is clear from the few quests we do have that there was an inquisition against Ragnaros loyalists in the meantime, having removed them from Shadowforge City. There was enough time for the Dark Irons to have been grudgingly accepted.

By far the biggest wild card imo is Umbric and the Void Elves who have been accepted entirely on Alleria and thus Turalyon's word.
    This is wrong, the Ren'dorei were accepted in order to bring a portion of the Blood elves back into the Alliance and also to prevent a group of powerful elven magic users and researchers from succumbing to the Void.

Bringing the Ren'dorei into the Alliance allowed the Alliance to regain a portion of the Thalassian population from the Horde and also to protect this powerful group from the agents of the Void.

Beyond that, the Ren'dorei quickly proved their worth to the Alliance and crushed all doubters. In the very first weeks of the war, Alleria and her Ren'dorei used their Void powers to save Anduin and his army at the Battle of Lordaeron. Without Alleria and the Ren'dorei, Anduin and his army would have been overwhelmed by Nathanos' army and forced to fall back to the ruined walls.

You can count.
    Void Elves with madness issues. "Its cool, bro. Trust me, I don't go mad, sure, AHAHAHHA!"
    Worgens with their betrayal of old Alliance. Remember Wall? Remember that they just show middle finder to refuges and they died near gates?
    Dark Irons and their bad things they done. Not just whitewash them. Make them pay for their actions.
    Even Mechagnomes started another small apocalypse of gnomification and mechanisation.

Forsaken for much. much they done. Put a bit of tension about their actions.
    Old, but gold - Blood Elves and their presence in old Alliance and mass killing orcs and trolls.
    Goblins - no issue here, they dont do any substational harm to Horde. They are shady and greedy? Yes, but it means nothing to Horde. What trustworthiness you expect with goblins? Just contract and good deal, thats all.
    Nightborne and Zandalari are same in term of trustworthiness. They killed bad people and "good" ones join the Horde.
    Last edited by Dancaris; 2023-05-31 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    You can count.
    Void Elves with madness issues. "Its cool, bro. Trust me, I don't go mad, sure, AHAHAHHA!"
    Worgens with their betrayal of old Alliance. Remember Wall? Remember that they just show middle finder to refuges and they died near gates?
    Dark Irons and their bad things they do. Not just whitewash them. Make them pay for their actions.
    Even Mechagnomes starts another small apocalypse of gnomification and mechanisation.

Forsaken for much. much they do. Put a bit of tension about their actions.
    Old, but gold - Blood Elves and their presence in old Alliance and mass killing orcs and trolls.
    Goblins - no issue here, they dont do any substational harm to Horde. They are shady and greedy? Yes, but it means nothing to Horde. What trustworthiness you expect with goblins? Just contract and good deal, thats all.
    Nightborne and Zandalari are same in term of trustworthiness. They killed bad people and "good" ones join the Horde.
    Heck the Blood Elves are very much the reason the Horde could not get the Amani. They traded Zul'jin for Lor'themar.
    I would not agree on Mechagnomes though. We expressly got the gnomes that were willing to die opposing King Mechagon.

Heck the Blood Elves are very much the reason the Horde could not get the Amani. They traded Zul'jin for Lor'themar.
    I would not agree on Mechagnomes though. We expressly got the gnomes that were willing to die opposing King Mechagon.
    Well, back in a day - there was 0 chances to introduce Amani to Horde. In times of Burning Crusade - put another troll race into the Horde? Now - I see 0 problem with that, but in times of newborn WoW? 0 chances. So Blood Elves was not only answer for "beautiful race" but only option to introduce something "new" as draenei in Alliance.

Mechagnomes can go same as Nightborne and Zandalari. Killed bad people and "good" ones join the Alliance. And merging with original gnomes even!

I mean that civil war was already there, with Dark Irons having never stopped hostilities with the Bronzebeards for centuries and them still actively attacking the Bronzebeards by the time of Cataclysm. And it's not like the Dark Irons would have been in a position of strength against the Bronzebeards without Moira and her claim.

- - - Updated - - -

And it's not like one instance of Moira and the Dark Irons beating the Ice Trolls, who aren't that big of a threat despite what the story claimed, would have been considered a big step to trust them by many Bronzebeard and Wildhammers.