Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    It's change for the sake of change and it has never worked
    "This is working great but let's add something that nobody who it would effect wants or does because it ruins the point of HC servers"
    It doesn't though, and for the majority of us that are used to Hardcore modes on games would find it suiting the gameplay of WoW to be added in Hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    It doesn't though, and for the majority of us that are used to Hardcore modes on games would find it suiting the gameplay of WoW to be added in Hardcore.
    Do you play classic HC?

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Do you play classic HC?
    I have played HC games since I was a kid and do play with the addon on classic WoW yes. I guess your argument is that a few people who made this addon and decided their rules for it should dictate the official rules, because their opinions for some reason is elevated to angelic levels?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only Rule: You die you cannot res on the HC servers.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    https://news.blizzard.com/en-gb/worl...ld-of-warcraft

Official hardcore details just got released.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Permadeath is a harsh mechanic that makes classic wow hardcore endgame more challenging, but also more frustrating. It can ruin the fun of raiding, especially for casual players who don't have a lot of time to invest in the game. Imagine spending hours preparing for a raid, only to die to a random mechanic or a lag spike and lose your character forever. That's not fun, that's demoralizing.

A possible solution is to allow one resurrection per week for raid deaths, and one per day for dungeon deaths. This way, you still have to be careful and avoid unnecessary risks, but you also have some room for error and recovery. You can still enjoy the thrill of raiding without the fear of losing everything. This would make classic wow hardcore more accessible and enjoyable for everyone.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Permadeath is a harsh mechanic that makes classic wow hardcore endgame more challenging, but also more frustrating. It can ruin the fun of raiding, especially for casual players who don't have a lot of time to invest in the game. Imagine spending hours preparing for a raid, only to die to a random mechanic or a lag spike and lose your character forever. That's not fun, that's demoralizing.

A possible solution is to allow one resurrection per week for raid deaths, and one per day for dungeon deaths. This way, you still have to be careful and avoid unnecessary risks, but you also have some room for error and recovery. You can still enjoy the thrill of raiding without the fear of losing everything. This would make classic wow hardcore more accessible and enjoyable for everyone.
    It's not a matter of being demoralizing or not, it's not supposed to be fair and certainly it's not a matter of being a game mode that should appease casual players or any kind of player for that matter that obviously don't enjoy the risks.

You're telling me it's not fun. That's 100% subjective and hardcore is not supposed to be fun to everyone. It's a niche game mode. Don't ruin it for me by trying to make it into something that defeats the whole purpose.

If you don't enjoy the most basic hardcore rule which is if your character dies, it says dead then you're not supposed to be playing it, which is a completely understandable stand to take.

You want to fix my chocolate icecream by replacing it with strawberry.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2023-07-09 at 01:56 PM.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Permadeath is a feature that makes leveling to 60 more challenging and rewarding. It forces players to be careful and strategic, and to learn from their mistakes. Permadeath also adds a sense of urgency and excitement, as every decision matters and every encounter could be the last. I get it!

However I am talking about end game content here, permadeath also has some drawbacks. Many players may not want to risk losing their character after investing so much time and effort into it. Permadeath may create frustration and resentment among players who die because of factors beyond their control, such as other players' mistakes. Group content would be particularly affected by this, as individual skill is not enough to ensure survival.

Hardcore servers do not mean hardcore by the old sense of the word in no-lifers. Casual players who have limited time can still play and enjoy, my suggestion for daily and weekly resurrection timers depending on what group content you die in is a good compromise.

The suggestion was to allow one resurrection per week for raid deaths, and one per day for dungeon deaths.
    We have spoken about this in my guild and without this kind of lockout many are not even considering raids.
    Last edited by Joycemiester; 2023-07-09 at 02:25 PM.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Permadeath is a feature that makes leveling to 60 more challenging and rewarding. It forces players to be careful and strategic, and to learn from their mistakes. Permadeath also adds a sense of urgency and excitement, as every decision matters and every encounter could be the last. I get it!

However I am talking about end game content here, permadeath also has some drawbacks. Many players may not want to risk losing their character after investing so much time and effort into it. Permadeath may create frustration and resentment among players who die because of factors beyond their control, such as other players' mistakes. Group content would be particularly affected by this, as individual skill is not enough to ensure survival.

Hardcore servers do not mean hardcore by the old sense of the word in no-lifers. Casual players who have limited time can still play and enjoy, my suggestion for daily and weekly resurrection timers depending on what group content you die in is a good compromise.

The suggestion was to allow one resurrection per week for raid deaths, and one per day for dungeon deaths.
    We have spoken about this in my guild and without this kind of lockout many are not even considering raids.
    Nobody is playing hardcore servers to to end game raids. The whole point of hardcore servers is leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Nobody is playing hardcore servers to to end game raids. The whole point of hardcore servers is leveling.
    I am not for any res at any point in hardcore mode. But if the point of a hard core server is leveling, then why not have a 1 week timer? By that stage, the purpose for hard care servers have already been met.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

There's no drawback to permanent deaths on a permanent death server. There's no argument even to be had over this. It defeats the whole purpose.

It's not supposed to be everyone's cup of tea.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Many players may not want to risk losing their character after investing so much time and effort into it. Permadeath may create frustration and resentment among players who die because of factors beyond their control, such as other players' mistakes.
    Good news! The character isn't lost, since you'll have the option of transferring it (for free!) to a non-hardcore realm! Good job, Blizz.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they wont do appeals for DC/Server/Network issues (spoiler: they wont), I'm not going to play.
    After I saw what happend to guys playing D4 HC, I can spend my free time better.