Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why do people want easy mode hc?

Trading, ah, grouping, unlimited dungeons are all things which turn hardcore into a safe trip without challenge. But why do people want things to get easier?

People want the "prestige" without actually doing anything to get it. Same thing that can be seen in pretty much every facet of WoW, why do you think people pay for boosts or GDKPs?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Trading, ah, grouping, unlimited dungeons are all things which turn hardcore into a safe trip without challenge. But why do people want things to get easier?
    To alliviate the challenge, to make it easier while at the same time make it to 60. All the while creating an illusion "its the same" as the intended HC challenge.

Honestly, Blizzard cant really allow to much here. If they do open up for AH, trading, lots of grouping etc - we all know what will happen. Boosting, gold buying and degen gameplay (like instance boosting for hours).

All other options will only split community because everyone have his own vision of 'how HC server should look like'.
    Some folks want no trading/AH others would ban mounts and dungeons and next group would like to see ingame achievements.
    If death = delete is only rule you can have almost all above in your guild rules and still have fun.
    Additionally remember it is Blizzard... they will make HC servers will least demanding worktime requirement possible and maximize profits.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because people actually want to play the whole game(MMO) and not only solo content (except the one run per dungeon) ? What you want is solo/selffound HC.
    It's a huge part for many people to interact with others whether it's by trading or grouping to do elite quests outside.

Turtle WoW HC mode is doing it right in my opinion (trading,grouping) and people die there constantly as well, especially during elite quests. It's not a safe trip at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodric View Post
    Because people actually want to play the whole game(MMO) and not only solo content (except the one run per dungeon) ? What you want is solo/selffound HC.
    It's a huge part for many people to interact with others whether it's by trading or grouping to do elite quests outside.

Turtle WoW HC mode is doing it right in my opinion (trading,grouping) and people die there constantly as well, especially during elite quests. It's not a safe trip at all.
    Turtle WoW HC has plenty of restrictions and yet a good half of the lv 60 Immortals got there either by multiboxing or by having "pit stop" alts every 5 levels to pump their characters full of twink gear.
    Anything short of restrictions on everything will entirely dilute the nature of the challenge with a majority of people abusing it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Turtle WoW HC has plenty of restrictions and yet a good half of the lv 60 Immortals got there either by multiboxing or by having "pit stop" alts every 5 levels to pump their characters full of twink gear.
    Anything short of restrictions on everything will entirely dilute the nature of the challenge with a majority of people abusing it
    "half", lmao, sounds very anecdotal. The challenge is not dying, that's exactly what the HC meant in every game so far, everything else is a bonus, hence the Solo/selffound challenge. People will always find a way to cheat, you can also have a lvl 60 char sticking your butt and interfering when things get difficult.

Yeah doesn't make much sense.
    The whole Hardcore experience is so easy too cheese if you loose the restrictions.
    Either by pumping gear into twinks or flat out dungeons grinding.

With almost all restrcitions active it is imho the only way to make an even playfield.
    The should inculde achivments though. On for every ten levels. SPecial mount when you manage to get to 60.

That is the goal no? YOu could expand it too clearing the raids, but after that normal servers are just better in every regard.

I did not really look up what blizz wants to do though. Is it just a normal server where you can toggle to play a character in HC mode? After dying it is just a normal character. Or is the server ONLY HC characters and it gets deleted when you die?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its all about gear flexing and pushing enormous damage to see 1st place at the chart. Challenge is just a another gate on the way before the goal. Thats how it works.

Why cant these people play normal version then ?

"half", lmao, sounds very anecdotal. The challenge is not dying, that's exactly what the HC meant in every game so far, everything else is a bonus, hence the Solo/selffound challenge. People will always find a way to cheat, you can also have a lvl 60 char sticking your butt and interfering when things get difficult.
    Considering the turtle staff had to change several rules specifically because the challenge was being cheesed so much, clearly just making it "not dying" isn't enough

Big difference between HC as it is in classic wow now, and whats being discussed here. Once you open for trading, AH, grouping+++ it becomes a different experience alltogether. Its not just about not doing, but also about being self sufficient as you level up.

If you open up for trading etc, that self sufficiency is gone. Thrown out the window. Its not you against the "world" anymore. Its you(r) character + alts + boosters that against the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Play Classic era and the SoM versions that comes out then?

People identify hurdles as problems in need of fixing. This is why you don't ask players what they want essentially, because what you get is not even a wishlist, but a recipe to make everything meaningless and faceroll.

I did boss tho’grun in badlands on a fully blue lvl 39 regular hunter, no problem at all.
    On my lvl 40 hunter on hc i had to try 3 times and i had to split pull to even stand a chance.

My point is that by having all gear possible i made a hard quest easy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why cant these people play normal version then ?
    Because it's not HC? In normal your character doesn't get deleted when you die.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Considering the turtle staff had to change several rules specifically because the challenge was being cheesed so much, clearly just making it "not dying" isn't enough
    You can change as many rules as you want, people will always find a way to cheat. Blocking using the AH or trading hurts the game more (enchanting/blacksmithing profession) imo than preventing people to have an easy time in HC. You can cheese it right now by farming green mobs only for example.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Big difference between HC as it is in classic wow now, and whats being discussed here. Once you open for trading, AH, grouping+++ it becomes a different experience alltogether. Its not just about not doing, but also about being self sufficient as you level up.

If you open up for trading etc, that self sufficiency is gone. Thrown out the window. Its not you against the "world" anymore. Its you(r) character + alts + boosters that against the world.
    It becomes a different experience, a better one imo. Only because of trading the self sufficency isn't gone. You still have to farm the gold/items if you want to trade with other people, nothing is for free. Also people can get boosted right now with the HC rules as well, as I wrote, there will be always ways for people to cheese/cheat in challenges like that.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Play Classic era and the SoM versions that comes out then?
    Why would I do that if I want to play HC? Stupid argument

Remember back in the days how WoW was a bit more less user friendly you had to think ? Enchant buff, food buff, buff, stats ?
    And with time, everything came on a silver plate.

Thats the same people, now theh want to play hardcore without playing hardocre

"challenge"
    it's not challenging, just slower and more boring and tedious
    you can get to 60 by grinding green-level mobs that pose little threat towards you, it's not hard, just takes longer

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you want to shove rules down my throat like its my Prom Night all over again?

Whats fun for you isn't fun for everyone else. Go ahead and play your game your way, I'll play my game my way. Simple as that. You wanna play SSF with only grey items and no vendor at all and no professions? Go ahead and knock yourself out.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Because those rules only make sense when you can't ensure everyone is hardcore. The reason those rules exist is to make sure you don't have someone playing non-hardcore botting or farming to help out the hardcore player get an unfair advantage.

The instant you can guarantee everyone is hardcore by making it a 'hardcore only server' that literally won't let you rezz, then everyone is on a fair playing field. The advantage disappears. Face it, those rules aren't there to make it harder, they're there because it's literally impossible for players to ensure everyone on a given server is actually hardcore. When Blizzard is the one enforcing things, that's no longer a problem.

EDIT: To throw you a bone here, I think that Solo Self Found is also a perfectly viable form of gameplay that they could add as a server too. I'm a proponent of multiple options, whenever possible.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2023-05-12 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Because those rules only make sense when you can't ensure everyone is hardcore. The reason those rules exist is to make sure you don't have someone playing non-hardcore botting or farming to help out the hardcore player get an unfair advantage.

The instant you can guarantee everyone is hardcore by making it a 'hardcore only server' that literally won't let you rezz, then everyone is on a fair playing field. The advantage disappears. Face it, those rules aren't there to make it harder, they're there because it's literally impossible for players to ensure everyone on a given server is actually hardcore. When Blizzard is the one enforcing things, that's no longer a problem.
    I think OP wants Blizzard to shove more enforceable things on Hardcore Servers, such as not allowing trading, grouping, vendors, professions, high-five buffing, pets, Hearthstones, mounts, white items, green items, blue items, purple items, tagging and other people killing mobs, legendary items, Bind to Account items, and rested XP.

As it is, the only rule that Blizzard should enforce on these new servers is Death = No Res button.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything