Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warlock Pet Customization

While it seems like this is just a shift from using glyphs to having warlock pet customization use Grimoires, and a questline for... *checks notes* A new kind of Imp... for some reason...

I am going to renew my call for Blizz to add options for warlock minions to pull from ALL kinds of forbidden magic, not just Burning Legion Demons.

Warlocks should have undead summon options of all sorts. (Scourge sets, and ones from SL, yeah SL was a mess but hey might as well get mileage out of their models)

Trolls (Darkspear/Zandalari) should be able to summon weird Ghuun blood monsters and undead allowed by Bwomsamdi or even the captive Mueh'zala.

Humans/Kul'tirans should be able to summon Drust creatures.

Velfs, Mag'har, and such summoning Void entities. (The voidwalker is ALREADY a summon after all)
    Twas brillig

It opens up the possibility for all sorts of skins in the future.

If this was any other class I'd probably say "yeah in THEORY but good luck getting them to actually do it..." but this is Warlock: the main character of WoW. They tend to get shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It opens up the possibility for all sorts of skins in the future.

If this was any other class I'd probably say "yeah in THEORY but good luck getting them to actually do it..." but this is Warlock: the main character of WoW. They tend to get shit.
    We really do need more cool aesthetic options for Warriors/Rogues. Every other class you can play with spell effects, and hunters have endless pet options. But Warriors/Rogues? That's tough to branch out on.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they would bring back the Grimoire of Supremacy talent. Having permanent Doom Guard and Infernal was probably the most refreshing change ever made for warlock pets.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    I just wish they would bring back the Grimoire of Supremacy talent. Having permanent Doom Guard and Infernal was probably the most refreshing change ever made for warlock pets.
    Hear me out, Doom guards and Infernals are all well and good, but what about...

These guys...
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=138244/b...hots:id=720774
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=131898/b...hots:id=714375

and these guys?
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=128934/p...an#modelviewer
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20180929213631

Eh? EHHHH?
    Twas brillig

Hopefully mages get an option at some point to get sand spells like some troll tribes have.
    The water elemental is fine but would be cool that we could change it at some point.

I just want LightForged to have the option to have lightbound demons.....I mean that just makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    While it seems like this is just a shift from using glyphs to having warlock pet customization use Grimoires
    Not disagreeing, but this is already quite significant, and will probably be introduced for other classes' pets and forms as well. Even if it is the final nail in the coffin of some silly old idea of mine...

But yes, some version of Class Skins would be great especially for Warlocks - Necromancer was one of the first ideas under this concept, after all.

Whether this would lore-wise be different classes or just Warlocks looking for new power as that of the Legion wanes, the concept is the same, using magics forbidden by mortal society.

Not to mention it would bring life to already half-forgotten (by many) zones/settings.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    A special class customization like Drake rostrum or w/e it's called should be slowly becoming a thing

For warlocks/DKs and other pet classes you would customize your pet like skin colour, horns/ fangs and things like that

for classes themselves it could be cosmetics like quivers, ammo pouches for hunters, daggers and vials for rogues, battle standards for warriors, books for paladins/priests/mages

One can only dream

10+ Year Old Account
    While it seems like this is just a shift from using glyphs to having warlock pet customization use Grimoires, and a questline for... *checks notes* A new kind of Imp... for some reason...

I am going to renew my call for Blizz to add options for warlock minions to pull from ALL kinds of forbidden magic, not just Burning Legion Demons.

Warlocks should have undead summon options of all sorts. (Scourge sets, and ones from SL, yeah SL was a mess but hey might as well get mileage out of their models)

Trolls (Darkspear/Zandalari) should be able to summon weird Ghuun blood monsters and undead allowed by Bwomsamdi or even the captive Mueh'zala.

Humans/Kul'tirans should be able to summon Drust creatures.

Velfs, Mag'har, and such summoning Void entities. (The voidwalker is ALREADY a summon after all)
    No thanks. Locks has Demons, Death Knights have the Undead.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Ye I agree with this.

A warlock is a warlock, they summon demons from the nether, all sorts of demons. It doesnt make much sense to summon creatures from their land such as Ghuun stuff.

Death knight could be a little easier, as we have way more undead creatures.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-05-12 at 12:43 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    I'll be happy if I can replace the Felguard with something that doesn't clip the shoulder armor through the spikes on the back, nor looks garbage like the Wrathguard.

Those are constructs and undead, not demons. Warlocks summon demons, they are not necromancers. The first two doesn't fit any current class, the last two would be way more suitable as Unholy pets.

7+ Year Old Account
    We still haven't got troll beards or orc eyebrows and they already move on to pets

It's not a bad change, of course. But it is somewhat puzzling
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Ye I agree with this.

A warlock is a warlock, they summon demons from the nether, all sorts of demons. It doesnt make much sense to summon creatures from their land such as Ghuun stuff.

Death knight could be a little easier, as we have way more undead creatures.
    Warlocks thing is forbidden magic, why would they be locked to demons only?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Those are constructs and undead, not demons. Warlocks summon demons, they are not necromancers. The first two doesn't fit any current class, the last two would be way more suitable as Unholy pets.
    Voidwalkers aren't even demons, warlocks should be able to summon all sorts of "evil" things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Shadowpriests and warlocks already pull double duty on void stuff, dks can share undead, especially since warlocks, necromancers, and neceolytes have a blended history lorewise
    Twas brillig

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks thing is forbidden magic, why would they be locked to demons only?
    I mean Demons that's their thing... just as undead minions from the grave are a death knight thing.

I am all for costumizations and options, but this is not it imo. Why do you want to mess with this, whats the purpose? Its not like we are out of options for either of those.

I noticed the new imp stuff, so much stuff can still be done to other demons

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean Demons that's their thing... just as undead minions from the grave are a death knight thing.

I am all for costumizations and options, but this is not it imo. Why do you want to mess with this, whats the purpose? Its not like we are out of options for either of those.

He literally, right under where you quoted, gave an example of a warlock summon already in game that is not a demon.

Warlocks already summon void beings, expanding that is fine. If someone wants to play a voidlock or whatever, who cares? It is a cosmetic choice that doesnt affect my gameplay one whit.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

To be entirely fair, Warcraft 2 "Deathknights" were created by Gul'dan (a Warlock) and were the corpses of Stormwind Knights possessed by the souls of fallen Orcs of the Shadow Council (Warlocks). These Deathknights which were little more than Orc Warlocks wearing dead Human meat suits could raise the dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, it's a step in the right direction...but it's not good enough.

We're over 15 years into the game and the last new *unique* Warlock permanent summon was what, Felguard in 2007?? We should be able to permanently enslave random demons in the world. We should have quests to enslave new demons. We should have access to every demon model in the game. It's never been fair that Hunters get more class customization as a pet class than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    A special class customization like Drake rostrum or w/e it's called should be slowly becoming a thing

For warlocks/DKs and other pet classes you would customize your pet like skin colour, horns/ fangs and things like that

for classes themselves it could be cosmetics like quivers, ammo pouches for hunters, daggers and vials for rogues, battle standards for warriors, books for paladins/priests/mages

One can only dream
    This would be the best way to do it. Maybe there's a reason they've put off adding new cosmetic glyphs for so long..

Quote Originally Posted by LionSinMaikeru View Post
    To be entirely fair, Warcraft 2 "Deathknights" were created by Gul'dan (a Warlock) and were the corpses of Stormwind Knights possessed by the souls of fallen Orcs of the Shadow Council (Warlocks). These Deathknights which were little more than Orc Warlocks wearing dead Human meat suits could raise the dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, it's a step in the right direction...but it's not good enough.

We're over 15 years into the game and the last new *unique* Warlock permanent summon was what, Felguard in 2007?.
    For permanent minion summons - sure (but also technically we got improved versions of all the base demons via glyphs after 2007).
    But we've since received abilities that call upon : Doom Lords, Pit Lords, Observers, Tyrants, Vilefiends, and Darkglares - which is to say, we've had plenty of new demons added to the roster since 2007 - they don't all need to be minions because we already have "less than relevant" summons today.