Barter Bricks Bug or Poorly Implemented Design

I just reached lvl 12 with Niffen and accept the quest for Ponzo to use Barter Boulder.

I have 68 bricks, and Im saving for a the timeshare sheet. Which costs 80 bricks.

After I turned in the quest, Ponzo gave me a boulder, and his stock automatically switched to Barter in Boulders with no warning.

My Bricks are now useless.

The cost of items have decreased. Example Timeshare is down to 40 boulders.

However 3 bricks = 1 boulder.

So the same item now costs me 120 bricks by conversion.

Do you all feel this is intended or poorly implemented?

Its silly but Im actually quite annoyed.

Items should at least be sold in either currency or am I off base?

It sucks, no question. It's a bad design and I honestly don't know why they did it this way. The small consolation is that instead of bricks you will be getting boulders, and the cost in boulders is half the cost in bricks, so once you hit reknown 12, your currency acquisition doubles. Still, it sucks there's no warning.

I think the whole joke is because he's called Ponzo. Get it? Like a "Ponzi" scheme? From what I read somewhere else, once you get high enough renown, you can buy everything with expedition resources, making the whole brick collection just that, a pile of bricks. He's sending you away to sell his useless stuff for rewards that are even more useless, reminiscent of a pyramid scam.
    Last edited by GabrielKnight; 2023-05-19 at 01:22 AM.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    I think the whole joke is because he's called Ponzo. Get it? Like a "Ponzi" scheme? From what I read somewhere else, once you get high enough renown, you can buy everything with expedition resources, making the whole brick collection just that, a pile of bricks. He's sending you away to sell his useless stuff for rewards that are even more useless, reminiscent of a pyramid scam.
    Yeah i caught that, its just aggrivasting, cause i coulda used those bricks for something else rather then having to trade in at a loss now

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes its bad design. Also professions are badly designed past 10.0.5. Sorry blizzard but again you fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    However 3 bricks = 1 boulder.
    boulders seem to drop more geting one boulder instead of one brick from dirt pile is technicaly increase
    but yeah its annoying at the vey least if not outright stupid... i was lucky as i knew about it and managed to spend bricks so i only got few left before hitting rank 12

Note that the change in currency won't happen until you accept the "Barter Boulders" quest from Ponzo.

Devious, but thankfully I was warned by other players and bartered my bricks first for this delightful ponzo cream. Not sure if it's for your face or chips, so you'd better buy two while supplies last!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.