Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Do you though? Understanding doesn't mean agreeing, which makes it pretty obvious that you don't actually understand it at all. You not liking something doesn't mean nobody else does. Clearly you're not the sharpest tool so trying to get you to understand that is a pretty lost cause.

Ok. Don't play. World isn't all about you, thankfully.

I mean, you state that I am not the sharpest, but the moment, you have zero arguments, you use personal attacks, which kinda makes your opinion about me redundant, and it seems like you are projecting.

You are making basic arguments that even a baby can understand 'you don't need to like it, because I like it" - not shit Sherlock. It's a fact that HC WoW is a flawed concept, due to the fact that a small thing like a disconnection can ruin your experience and I am not talking about streamers, but regular players.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidDrake View Post
    I mean, you state that I am not the sharpest, but the moment, you have zero arguments, you use personal attacks, which kinda makes your opinion about me redundant, and it seems like you are projecting.

You are making basic arguments that even a baby can understand 'you don't need to like it, because I like it" - not shit Sherlock. It's a fact that HC WoW is a flawed concept, due to the fact that a small thing like a disconnection can ruin your experience and I am not talking about streamers, but regular players.
    Its obviously not flawed when so many plays it to the point were Blizzard creates a server for it.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Its obviously not flawed when so many plays it to the point were Blizzard creates a server for it.
    Blizzard is experimenting, as season of mastery was bad. It's a flawed concept that you invest yourself to a character that will have perma-death, due to small mistakes.
    The reason why it's flawed is because the game takes a long time to level and having a death after a week playing 12hr a days seems not fun, only torture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    WoW Vanilla was known for dumb and stupid deaths all the time

The amount of time wastage will be off the scales, because even with experience bonuses, the leveling process still long.

Diablo HC is different, for starters you don't invest soo much time into it, a friend can boost you to 70 within hour or two

It's fun? It's subjective and most will quit before they ding 60.
    If you had fun doing something as a challenge, you can't really "waste" your time any more than playing the game the normal way is a waste of time. I don't really understand the appeal of hardcore modes in video games myself - I'd be beyond pissed if I permanently lost a character I'd sunk sufficient time into, but that's a subjective thing that concerns me as a player. Fun is always subjective, but the mode seems popular and desired enough to have its own server, even if it is low-pop. I think it's nice the developers are noting the popularity of a particular playstyle and catering to it, even if it's not really for me.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account

The amount of time wastage will be off the scales, because even with experience bonuses, the leveling process still long.

Diablo HC is different, for starters you don't invest soo much time into it, a friend can boost you to 70 within hour or two

Ok tell this to all of whos playing HC :d lol If you dont like it doesnt mean its bad. Im not playin and i wount but whatever if someone wants to play it. Just go ahead why not ?

Pfft...I'm a former Everquest player that got sucked into WoW in May '05 with 2 things; solo ability to level cap; and "fun factor."
    In EQ I had neither fun or the ability to level up beyond a certain point on my own.
    WoW kept me going and having fun doing it for a good 10yrs. On the 11th year I quit because it wasn't fun anymore.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something different, want to see how the ruleset effects the meta of the game and how people interact.

People like different things, frankly most of it seems stupid to outsiders. Better to just shrug and move on, unless it affects things materially.

I once met a woman who thought the epitome of gaming skill was endlesly spending time rolling the dice in pokemon go.

So yeah, i'm not gonna say "Don't try to understand" since i find that a reprehensible line of thought, but do consider that you cannot know every perspective or understand every preference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    Ever heard of people looking for a challenge no matter how dumb it is?
    ...Isn't this how people ended up eating tide pods and such?
    Honestly maybe it's good some of those challenges are deadly.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Incase you havent noticed over the years blizzard often does cater to minorities...
    Often? Bro, you have like 3-4% that even step into mythic raids yet that part of the game gets treated like the most popular thing in the world.

What does it have to do with you what other people enjoy?
    I <3 JK Rowling.

The reason why it's flawed is because the game takes a long time to level and having a death after a week playing 12hr a days seems not fun, only torture.
    Who the fuck is forcing you to play 12hr a day? Like .. where the fuck are you rushing.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is experimenting, as season of mastery was bad. It's a flawed concept that you invest yourself to a character that will have perma-death, due to small mistakes.
    To you.
    It seems like torture to you.

Other people enjoy survival type games and seeing how long they can last, what heights they can achieve.
    Maybe some are just sadistic and enjoy the "torture".
    To each their own, and if it's not your cup of tea, no need to piss around in it.

Because it's fun? lol

As someone who has played since April 06 (OG classic) and that has also played 2 classes to 60 in "Classic" in 2019 the short answer is "I won't be playing it"

The reason being that 2019's "Classic" painfully reminded me of how boring and broken the endgame is, with my main gripe being the class design.
    Most classes are just absolutely incomplete, being 90% auto attack bots (because you expended your resource = mana after a short time, think hunter, ret pala, enhancer etc) or 1-Spell spammers, see "FROST BOLT, FROST BOLT" and "SHADOW BOLT, SHADOWBOLT", I could go on.

Fact is, most classes simply do not work properly and feel terribly clunky to anyone (or at least me?) who has ever tasted a more modern design.
    (I currently have and actively play 7 characters in wotlk classic, with an 8th on the way - so "modern" doesn't imply "the very latest")

With me being a very reward oriented person, I always need a "carrot" to chase, a reward dangling in front of me to strive for during my journey.
    The level 60 class design simply isn't it for me.

Now official wrath hardcore classic on the other hand, or maybe a classic plus with reworked class design, that I could very, very much get behind...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    For the challenge. For funsies. To be part of a community. To prove you can. Because you're bored. Because you saw a streamer do it. All manner of reasons, really. Even I'm considering trying it, and I mostly like Classic because it's a chill time, but it might be fun to try it out.

Fun in all contexts is always subjective and doesn't need to be objective for anyone's enjoyment with something to be valid.
    The act of playing video games itself is nothing but "time wastage", providing only entertainment.

With that said, HC is fun for us for a number of reasons. For me, those reasons are I enjoy how it makes the world feel alive.
    To stay alive, planning routes in and out of your quest objectives are important. Going in recklessly without a plan will most likely result in the "dumb and stupid deaths" you're worried about. To enjoy HC, you also have to be okay with the fact that you could die at any time, and even with the most well thought out plan, there are still ways that you can die. You have to be wary of hyper spawns, and even other player whether they're griefing you or not. If someone next to you thinks they can handle 3+ mobs and they die close enough near you, guess what now you're trying to handle 3+ mobs.

Classic itself with no HC restriction is piss easy. Stuff falls over and if you die to the handful of things that can one shot you, you simply run back.
    At least with HC, you think twice. That second thought is often enough for most people to think about "Do I really want to risk my 50,100,150+ hours to pull an extra couple mobs here?" and decide it's too dangerous. It's that sense of danger that most people enjoy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some people like doing challenges

Look at all the crap the Souls community does
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

All of you are wrong! lol

The answer to this puzzling question is simple:

So these kids can justify poppin an extra Adderall.

Well thats your keywords here; "seems not fun", and I would add; to you.

Plenty of people do find it worthwhile. In fact, plenty of people are willing to take the risk and just enjoy the journey.

And when we die - we go again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Who the fuck is forcing you to play 12hr a day? Like .. where the fuck are you rushing.
    He is probably reasoning like this:

- it takes alot of hours to level
    - you gotta be effective when playing
    - as such, its better to no life it and play 12 hrs a day to reach max lvl

I to this day have classic era characters I now and again log into and just play a bit. Quest here, grind some mobs, maybe do a dungeon.. Nothing much, just relaxing. In no rush. I know the leveling is the fun part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Often? Bro, you have like 3-4% that even step into mythic raids yet that part of the game gets treated like the most popular thing in the world.
    This is vey correct. I even doubt its ever as high as 4%.

Its a tiny investment for blizz, let us have it in peace.