Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Disagreeing with the idea that pulsing damage is the best way forward, the reward for being better at avoiding damage should be to not take the damage allowing the healer to provide support in the form of DPS.
    Oh. Well the issue I have with this when I heal is that healer damage is super boring and not rewarding in the way a pure DPS is. Like the absolute damage difference between me doing everything possible to squeak out damage vs kinda half paying attention is essentially a few k dps. Meanwhile if you really juice it as a real DPS vs mismanage your CDs the difference is enormous, so it is satisfying because you can see the results of playing well.

I guess put another way, if most damage is going to be avoidable healers need way more fun tools to use their GCDs on. Even shaman, which imo is the most fun, is still mostly procs and chain lightning spam. And part of this is because so much of real DPS is about managing offensive CDs correctly, which healers don't really have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    It LITERALLY is less balanced than it has been in atleast two expansions. Wtf are you on.
    It literally never been balanced well tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    Oh. Well the issue I have with this when I heal is that healer damage is super boring and not rewarding in the way a pure DPS is. Like the absolute damage difference between me doing everything possible to squeak out damage vs kinda half paying attention is essentially a few k dps. Meanwhile if you really juice it as a real DPS vs mismanage your CDs the difference is enormous, so it is satisfying because you can see the results of playing well.

I guess put another way, if most damage is going to be avoidable healers need way more fun tools to use their GCDs on. Even shaman, which imo is the most fun, is still mostly procs and chain lightning spam. And part of this is because so much of real DPS is about managing offensive CDs correctly, which healers don't really have.
    I am attempting to learn to heal on a Shaman as an alt ( normally i am a 1 toon per patch kind of guy ) but with acid rain and storm keeper i can really burst very well and do fantastic damage ( granted it was an 8 last night but i finished at 23k with 15 kicks which is worth some kind of healing saved plus i have not figured a way to track the knock up for kicks either ). Alot of the damage taken increase stems from the fact that a few people and i mean sub .5% of all keys last seasons had been run by 4 dps and a prot paladin which i would assume where shamans / druids / spriest with their decent to solid group healing talents with damage.

Unfortunately all healers also need the stupid Reach ring from now until eternity and it's more annoying to get now