View Poll Results: What solution would you prefer, if a change would happen?

Voters
3. This poll is closed
  • Those spells also apply the "Ebon Might"-buff.

2 66.67%
  • Casting spells freeze the buff-timer of Ebon Might

0 0%
  • Instant-casts with minor-cooldowns on spells.

0 0%
  • other, see my reply in this tread.

1 33.33%
    15+ Year Old Account

Augmentation (Feedback on gameplay)

I have been playing it on the PTR and I find it a fun spec, the support-part is fairly automatic and you really play like a DPS. Sure you have some situational party-wide skills that can be used in clever ways, cool but not really a big deal tbh while playing. Also I do think I like the rotation better then the one of Devastation.

What i like to see improved is:

When casting Erruption, Upheaval, etc to get more time on the 'Ebon Might' buff and when the cast finishes the buff did just expire it really really really sucks. or the target dies and the cast fails.
    When that happens it feels like a waste of Essence, you dont get any extra time on the group buff and your damage is lower because the buff is not active.
    Also with Upheaval, the cooldown is 40 seconds and missing the window really hurts, less damage and -2 seconds of buff uptime.

Solution1: have those spells add the Ebon Might buff if none is active. (Breath of Eons, already does this)
    Solution2: have the bufftimer freeze for the duration of the casts? "Bronze magic"?
    Solution3: make the casts instant and add a low cooldown to them.

Did you try it and what was your experience??

Created a poll just because I can "Q: What solution would you prefer, if a change would happen?"
    Last edited by shade3891; 2023-05-26 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other.

I see it as a non-issue which will be solved naturally by gaining familiarity with the flow of class. Upheaval is a little wanting, though - lower the cooldown, or give us another Augmentation-specific empowered spell.

Freezing the buff timer could lead to unwanted player behavior as in cast ebon might and then pseudo-cast spells on a few seconds left until ebon might itself comes up again for 100% buff uptime, so that is not an option at all.
    Also seeing recent changes to duration-increasing abilites I'm pretty sure blizz does not intend for us to have a 100% uptime or at least not without playing perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't there a talent that extends Ebon Might's time if you cast Emerald Blossom?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Isn't there a talent that extends Ebon Might's time if you cast Emerald Blossom?
    That same talent also makes Emerald Blossom cost 3 essences, so not sure how viable it'll be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah there is but why spend 3 essence if you can spend 2, both add 1 second. Thnx for the replies.

Lowering the cooldown of upheaval to 30 seconds would solve a lot. But then again why not have Upheaval put Ebon Might up for 14 seconds and remove the separate Ebon Might spell.

Edit:
    Also that Emerald Blossom talent should also be 2 essence if you ask me, to make it some what viable. Then you can choose to dps or to assist the healer.
    Last edited by shade3891; 2023-05-26 at 09:11 PM.