Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Well technically true, it’s a certain that it isn’t the case with blizzard give how many reports from current and ex employees there have been including public apology’s from higher ups about them not doing more and court reports of blizzard destroying HR reports and other evidence.

There 100% guilty and any one pretending other wise is delusional.
    They fired Alex the guy grabbing titties or what ever then when people started saying they didn't do enough and they started getting sued they went into damage control mode.

You would have to be stupid to think the higher ups wouldn't apologize even if nothing else happened. There was proof they already had one creep that they fired. Even if you did nothing wrong there isn't anyone in this world that wouldn't apologize so they don't look like an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Companies typically do not settle millions of dollars in lawsuits when there isn't any semblance of guilt.
    You mean like how companies will often pay tons of money to patent trolls so they don't have to fuck around with the bullshit?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2023-05-30 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They settled of harrassment claims, not rape. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. They settle for many different reasons, some that have nothing to do with losing money. There are only claims of harrassment, no proof, and there is certainly no proof of rape since it was never alleged in the first place..

- - - Updated - - -

Not how things work. They do it because the pay off is easier than to do something that will cost them a lot more even if they prove the allegations false.

I was sure we were talking about harassment. Why are clowns bringing up rape all the time?
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    They fired Alex the guy grabbing titties or what ever then when people started saying they didn't do enough and they started getting sued they went into damage control mode.

You would have to be stupid to think the higher ups wouldn't apologize even if nothing else happened. There was proof they already had one creep that they fired. Even if you did nothing wrong there isn't anyone in this world that wouldn't apologize so they don't look like an ass.
    There are a ton of reports which include said higher ups chewing out employees for coming forward after suffering harassment with even Morhaime him self acknowledging (while down playing) his part in it.

It wasn’t just Alex.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    There are a ton of reports which include said higher ups chewing out employees for coming forward after suffering harassment with even Morhaime him self acknowledging (while down playing) his part in it.

It wasn’t just Alex.
    An HR person telling someone not to go to the boss over them being sexually harassed is not the same as sexual harrassment.

And like I said why wouldn't Morhaime apologize ? You think he would say "Fuck you Becky you're lying. You never told me Luke was taking upskirts of you and even if you did there is no way he would have as you are so disgustingly ugly!"? The only person that would probably say that shit even if they were 100% innocent is probably Trump as most people have filters and don't wanna look like assholes. People apologize for shit they didn't do all the time cause its easier than trying to fight someone. They also want to appear sympathetic to people.

If it was such a slam dunk case why would they have accepted a settlement with Blizzard? Blizzard had plenty of reasons to settle even if they were innocent considering a trial might fuck up the deal with Microsoft, and they would have had to have the lawyers going on over time and there is no guarantee they would win.

3+ Year Old Account
    Everyone talking about the lawsuits and I'm just here wondering if GC's studio will actually end up actually releasing anything. Ex-Blizz devs don't exactly have the best record as far as releasing games in their own studios goes.

If it was such a slam dunk case why would they have accepted a settlement with Blizzard? Blizzard had plenty of reasons to settle even if they were innocent considering a trial might fuck up the deal with Microsoft, and they would have had to have the lawyers going on over time and there is no guarantee they would win.
    Money talks my dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    Everyone talking about the lawsuits and I'm just here wondering if GC's studio will actually end up actually releasing anything. Ex-Blizz devs don't exactly have the best record as far as releasing games in their own studios goes.
    Man, what are you talking about? Firefall was amaze-balls!

::coughs::

Oh, I dropped this...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    An HR person telling someone not to go to the boss over them being sexually harassed is not the same as sexual harrassment.
    Did I say some where that it was? I'm pointing out that it was further spread then just one guy and the higher up's aren't only saying sorry to save face when they really knew but were actively making the situation worse by not only turning a blind eye but reprimanding those who came forward.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Crazy how the topic was harassment.
    Crazy how you missed this post:

"I don't care if they raped people, they made good games."

Amazing take.
    He literally accused Blizzard employees of rape.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I was sure we were talking about harassment. Why are clowns bringing up rape all the time?
    This post:

"I don't care if they raped people, they made good games."

Amazing take.
    He must be on a lot of blocked lists for this to be missed so many times.

- - - Updated - - -

This post:

He must be on a lot of blocked lists for this to be missed so many times.

But yet you keep responding to us instead of the idiot who mentioned the word rape. This was a good post until it got warped into something worse. /SIGH
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

No, he didn't.

Youre misrepresenting him and you know it fully well because every response has been about harassment.

You're either intentionally misrepresenting him or accidentally misunderstanding what was clearly a tongue in cheek exaggerated statement to try to drill home how weird it is to excuse people for their horrible actions

No, he didn't.

Youre misrepresenting him and you know it fully well because every response has been about harassment.

You're either intentionally misrepresenting him or accidentally misunderstanding what was clearly a tongue in cheek exaggerated statement to try to drill home how weird it is to excuse people for their horrible actions
    Just gonna delete the post because people like @rrayy cannot understand context.

Just gonna delete the post because people like @rrayy cannot understand context.

I think we just need to stop feeding the trolls. It is clear people like Rayy love to misrepresent a post and turn it into something else. The discussion was good, but now, not any more.

I think we just need to stop feeding the trolls. It is clear people like Rayy love to misrepresent a post and turn it into something else. The discussion was good, but now, not any more.
    /shrug -- I guess you could say I started it but it's whatever. It's not worth racking up infractions over.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Because one of 4700 employees quit? Blizzard was doomed a very long time ago if that was the case.
    Yeah 1. lol, just 1. more people have left blizzard in the last 3 years than in the past 10... and i'm talking about the higher up's, not the paper-pushers

10+ Year Old Account
    I met this man multiple times at blizzcons after parties over the years, I feel like he was pretty chill from our conversations. I also feel like he had some really good ideas for pvp but always had his hands tied due to the inability of teams working cohesively as the wow pve team design choices always took precedence over the pvp teams decision. Every decision the pvp team wanted to make always had to be ran through pve design team instead of simply splitting the two types of game play from one another.

Pvp is extremely hindered by wows base design and would benefit from pvp and pve being exclusive in their own design aspect. Different abilities, talents, gear, and tool kits are needed for pvp to really shine and I know he wanted to make that happen from our conversations and was denied it repeatedly or whenever his team was given some ground it was always with some caveat such as resilience and legion templates, a step in the right direction but not enough follow through with it.

Hopefully he gets to actually lead a pvp based team again and actually LEAD it, not have to work around another teams design with his team playing second fiddle.

WoW universally has the worst balancing in any MMO ever created and has since WOTLK when they started adding more and more classes and more and more specs.

The more that leave the better because clearly the 'Old guard' had no idea what they were doing. People who say "WoW is doomed" clearly haven't been paying attention, the game has been going down hill when these ppl worked at the company. Maybe they were the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ateo View Post
    instead of simply splitting the two types of game play from one another.
    Blizzard is categorically opposed to this. They want people to be able to jump between different forms of content with little to no effort, and little to no change to what they're doing. Their philosophy is the average players doing a little bit of everything in terms of content, and that's what they're designing for first and foremost - the fact that there's dedicated PvE or PvP players that suffer as a result is okay with them.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TIL rape is a synonym with harassment. And not only that but if you use rape in place of harassment it's OTHER PEOPLE that are twisting things/misrepresenting what happened.....

MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

No, he didn't.

Tongue in cheek? Now you are jmisrepresenting him. That was in no way tongue in cheek as he insinuated that the other poster was OK with rape as an attack on him. You don't make light of Rape and and to call that "tongue in cheek" is irresponsible.

- - - Updated - - -

But yet you keep responding to us instead of the idiot who mentioned the word rape. This was a good post until it got warped into something worse. /SIGH
    That is because I finally put him on block after I saw that quote. I have no time for posters like that.

Tongue in cheek? Now you are jmisrepresenting him. That was in no way tongue in cheek as he insinuated that the other poster was OK with rape as an attack on him. You don't make light of Rape and and to call that "tongue in cheek" is irresponsible.
    No one is making light of rape.

If you really feel this strongly about people mistreating others, you're weirdly ignoring the guy whos trying to handwave the sexual harassment. Which to me is a tad bit concerning if you feel like you need to correct someone else's phrases instead of acknowledging that there was some pretty horrible things going on at Blizzard

This is pretty clearly pointless though and I'm not gonna waste more time on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    TIL rape is a synonym with harassment. And not only that but if you use rape in place of harassment it's OTHER PEOPLE that are twisting things/misrepresenting what happened.....

I hope you never ever make an exaggerated claim to prove a point ever. Otherwise this should rightfully come back to haunt you.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2023-05-31 at 12:08 AM.