Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Me, husband and son. We have separate PCs, consoles, and B.net accounts. Is there a way for 3 of us to play via one copy?
    You and I aren't actually disagreeing, btw. I don't believe $70 is a high price for a video game much less on with ostensibly endless replayability. My original point replying to the tickets is just that that night was in part expensive because you bought food and drinks as well.

I do not have kids and just bring snacks and drinks from outside. I could go to the movies 4 times at around 8 hours of entertainment for the price of Diablo 4. Unless I somehow ran across a bag of shrooms while at the movies, the cost of Diablo blows the cost of the movie visits out of the water in terms of value.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There are only two tiers to the battle pass. The accelerated pass allows to skip ranks but is not a tier itself. It interacts with the free and premium tiers. It is misleading to call it a tier when it is just leveling up the pass.
    The premium/accelerated pass contains cosmetics. The Accelerated pass comes with its own special cosmetic. Thats 3 tiers. Just because the tier only gives you 1 extra cosmetic(I assume) doesn't mean its not its own tier when premium/accelerated give you exclusive cosmetics you don't get out of the free pass.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    You and I aren't actually disagreeing, btw. I don't believe $70 is a high price for a video game much less on with ostensibly endless replayability. My original point replying to the tickets is just that that night was in part expensive because you bought food and drinks as well.
    Even with out food & drinks, you are still in for well over the equivalent D4 price at the base level. For the same 2 hours of runtime.

I do not have kids and just bring snacks and drinks from outside. I could go to the movies 4 times at around 8 hours of entertainment for the price of Diablo 4. Unless I somehow ran across a bag of shrooms while at the movies, the cost of Diablo blows the cost of the movie visits out of the water in terms of value.
    Absolutely. Most video games on a per minute/hour basis per dollar offer greater occupation of one's time.

If I could bring drinks into the moves, I would! When I was a kid, we used to be able to do so. Nowadays they check all bags and security pats you down.

One could say there is an additional cost based on what version of D4 you buy as well. But that is the same as getting snacks.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    so are we gonna talk about the crazy amount of MTX this game shipped with? roughly 30 distinct packages with 14 full sets right off the bat? with a shop refresh every 3 days and the implication that there's much more waiting beyond the revolving door?

Many of these are POE priced, too. 20-30$.

It's a bit much.

in a 70 dollar game.

On day negative fucking, like, 4.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2023-06-02 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    so are we gonna talk about the crazy amount of MTX this game shipped with? roughly 30 distinct packages with 14 full sets right off the bat? with a shop refresh every 3 days and the implication that there's much more waiting beyond the revolving door?

Many of these are POE priced, too. 20-30$.

It's a bit much.

in a 70 dollar game.

On day negative fucking, like, 4.
    People are talking about it... and what is it to say? MTX has been a constant discussion for years now.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    and what is it to say?
    That it makes me sad

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The premium/accelerated pass contains cosmetics. The Accelerated pass comes with its own special cosmetic. Thats 3 tiers. Just because the tier only gives you 1 extra cosmetic(I assume) doesn't mean its not its own tier when premium/accelerated give you exclusive cosmetics you don't get out of the free pass.
    No. There is only a free and premium. Just because a cosmetic comes with buying the accelerated doesn't mean it is an entirely separate tier. The accelerated pass has no ranks. It only contains tier skips for the battle pass. The battlepass is a mixture of the free and premium tracks.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because game prices are starting to increase this generation. Because Blizzard determines the price they sell their games for. Because people will pay that increased price. Because it's been discussed and there's just not that much to really say about it.

It's not thievery, if that's too expensive for you (a whopping $10 more than usual), don't buy it until it goes on sale. I continue to wonder why nobody else seems to remember the era of gaming where you would go to the store and games would range in price from as low as $30 to as high as $90 just for the game itself - no special editions or add-ons, just the game in a box.
    The entitlement is just ... WOW! I wish you will never be in a situation where the 10$ will be too much for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    The entitlement is just ... WOW! I wish you will never be in a situation where the 10$ will be too much for you...
    That argument always falls flat simply because if you're in that situation, are you really buying day 1 release AAA games?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    Don't buy it, I didn't. It's not a cash grab to the extent of Diablo Immortal, but it's still pathetic regardless.
    What's pathetic about it, or are you just being cynical for the sake of being cynical?

This doesn't really apply here. If you struggle to find 10$, video games should be your last concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    so are we gonna talk about the crazy amount of MTX this game shipped with?
    They are just skins.

Video games are a hobby. Many hobbies cost money, a lot more than $70.

Just because you would like to take up or pursue a hobby doesn't mean you can if personal finances don't allow for it.

Entitlement is in thinking you get to pay what you think is reasonable or relative to your personal situation.

You can't walk into a store and dicate what you think the goods and services ought to cost. You simply buy what you can afford or move along.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Wrong. It is not standard price. They want it to be the new standard price. And if enough companies follow suit, it eventually will be. As of right now, standard price is $60. ActiBlizz just don't give a fuck.
    I'm afraid we lost this battle. When TotK was 70 dollars the new price is now 70 dollars. You would have been right before then, but that really took it mainsteam for industry watchers. Any organic attempt by gamers to keep the price down is over. Diablo 4's sales not being affected will just be the confirmation.

I genuinely got offended.

There are people who are busting thier ass off to earn 10$ per month(and even less). But that's not you. Still, here you are, talking about poverty in a gaming site.

Talk about privilege and acting poor in the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    Don't buy it, I didn't. It's not a cash grab to the extent of Diablo Immortal, but it's still pathetic regardless.
    It scored better than most games we seen for many years. It's a recommended game according to the majority of review sites. On average it's a 9/10 game.

I think it's worth it. Unless you have a problem - which might be true for you.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2023-06-02 at 01:31 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I'm afraid we lost this battle. When TotK was 70 dollars the new price is now 70 dollars. You would have been right before then, but that really took it mainsteam for industry watchers. Any organic attempt by gamers to keep the price down is over. Diablo 4's sales not being affected will just be the confirmation.
    TotK was? Shit... Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    That was called "Shareware" where I live, and a completly different Business Model.
    All it was was giving you a demo and then letting you buy the full game.

Only winning move is to not pay/play
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicalnerd View Post
    So much wrong information being said here.

SNES games were 60ish, sometimes more. I got Link to the past for my bday and i know it was 70.

PS1 games were sold at $40. Cd based was cheaper to produce than cartridge.

n64 games ran about $60 for a base but some went higher to 70.

It was not until ps2 that the base was increased to $50. Xbox followed suit and so did gamecube.

most full normal games went to 60$ for the ps3/360 era. It has kind of stayed the same but I noticed they started to go to $70. I think some ps5 games were the first. So I fully expected it be normal.

This information comes from working in a gamestop (when i started it was funcoland).

also if you are wondering why a digital costs the same as physical, well thats just how it works. Strangely the physical copies will go down in time and digital only will for sales. But honestly nobody is buying physical copies for PC in this day and age. Except for neckbeard virgins who really don't have anything else to put on their shelves
    But here is the thing though, they want to sell you a $70 game and then sell you DLC. What used to be unlockable in games is now behind a paywall, even real endings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    But here is the thing though, they want to sell you a $70 game and then sell you DLC. What used to be unlockable in games is now behind a paywall, even real endings.
    Explain what part of Diablo 4's ending is locked behind a paywall? It is crazy that you are so against the game that you are complaining about expansions being a thing. Blizzard has at least two expansions planned for Diablo 4.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No. There is only a free and premium. Just because a cosmetic comes with buying the accelerated doesn't mean it is an entirely separate tier. The accelerated pass has no ranks. It only contains tier skips for the battle pass. The battlepass is a mixture of the free and premium tracks.
    Accelerated uses the same ranks as premium but starts at a higher level and you get exclusive cosmetics from it. Most battle pass games have the exact same levels for free and premium you just get more rewards on the premium track. Does that mean because there aren't separate levels that there is only 1 battle pass tier or do the rewards matter? Given I don't see a retraction from the article I assume Blizzard also considered it 3 separate tiers.