Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Who is final boss in WoW lore? Void lords?

Are the Void Lords the new final boss in WoW lore? (Now that they already did the Titans)

Obviously Kerrigan

#inb4Bobby

I think the concept of "end boss" makes little sense in a setting like that, because it's open-ended by design. They can always come up with the Next Big Bad as needed.

Once we've dealt with the Void Lords, we'll simply find out that it was really <Next Big Bad> all along/that the <Next Big Bad> was just waiting for us to off the Void Lords/that the <Next Big Bad> is now stepping in to fill the Void void/etc. etc.

I suppose there may be an end point somewhere when the franchise is abandoned, but given the proliferation of user-generated content - to say nothing of AI - it's very possible that someone will simply keep going pretty much forever.

There is some sort of "eternal cycle" that is far beyond anything we've encountered. Same story as Starcraft actually.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTang1991 View Post
    Are the Void Lords the new final boss in WoW lore? (Now that they already did the Titans)
    No. We don't know what the final boss is. It is what ever "thing" that threatrens all aspects (void, life, death, order, chaos, etc etc) That is opposite the first ones.

It was Sargeras up until 7.3 happened. That left the Void Lords introduced in Chronicle as the biggest bads by default but they have no build up to them in the game or novels unlike Sargeras. Then 9.2 happened and some new vague cosmic threat was alluded to, so that might be the next ultimate threat, assuming Blizzard doesn't forget about it due to how unpopular the Shadowlands lore was.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it will be the ultimate firstest ones overlords.

Realistically it's whenever Wow stops being profitable

Could be a void lord, could be some random Tauren in a dragon cult, could be Frudpy Bagglespec the gnomish terrorist, could even be hogger

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know?

We know that one of the heavy hitters is Void, but it could be Light too - heck, what about Life? A First One maybe? I mean, the highest peak we could is have an final concluding fight with these.

The only true answer is, we don't know who the Final Boss is, for the narrative track haven't really been developed to show us a Final Boss.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Zovaal didn't want "Azeroth" to wake up (that's why he wanted to kill it/him/her). Supposedly "Azeroth" is the most powerful "World Soul" if it actually came in to being/woke up. Some speculation is it's either an ultimate good guy (A First One or a former Pantheon) to help us kill the biggest bad that is to come, or it is the biggest bad that was put inside a "prison," of which Sargeras' sword had put a crack in and is maybe possibly closer to or in the process of breaking free very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    This is the true answer, though I imagine it'd be hard for Blizz to expand beyond the 7th power, cause we're already reaching beyond Outer God, Presence, and other top tier Cosmic creation/horror lvls of craziness
    This isn't that difficult to solve in a diegetic system. Extending beyond the known isn't the only option. You can also have some reordering event that changes the established configuration, or you can have intrusion from outside (say a parallel reality) that introduces change, or you can simply have a new understanding of things that retcons (or quasi-retcons) established orders. It's been done many times in many different types of fiction.

But you don't even necessarily have to go that meta. You can just slot new players into the established order in creative ways. "Evil light" because of some kind of ideological difference for example - not corruption per se, but just a more sinister aspect of what is otherwise a good force. It's the difference between a Paladin wandering the lands doing good deeds, and a Paladin serving as an enforcer of orthodoxy in an authoritarian church (to take a classic high fantasy example). Or you can mix things up and have players that transgress boundaries, or you can have actual corruption of an existing force from within, and so on and so forth. Lots of possibilities that don't simply pit A vs. B in a straightforward, colored-within-the-lines kind of way.

There is no final boss in a game that requires constant universe expanding to justify our cosmic forces murder and loot tour.

There is an ultimate threat. It brags a lot. Then when it dies, it will mock us for believing that it was ever ultimate at all.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    The 7th power is not any type of alternate reality or so, nor is it akin to an evil light or anything...

No. It's quite literally some type of magic/influence we've never seen before in our own Cosmology, so there is no parallel universe, no "change in the established configuration", it's quite literally something beyond anything we've seen before.
    I wasn't talking about the 7th power. You said it would be hard to go BEYOND the 7th power, and I was replying to that. Not to the 7th power itself.

The concept of uniqueness. There can be only unification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Nobody. They'll be no final boss because the game will keep going.

If WoW was an offline game the final boss would have been Arthas at the end of Wrath since everything that narratively wow was built on (following the effects of Warcraft 3 and its main characters) ended with the fall of Arthas and a new sequel would have been made a few years later.

They had to recreate shit on the fly to keep things going after the stupidity of the decade, hence the utter tripe of the Chronicles. Then realized the dumbassery they wrote, yet again, so called the Chronicles " a different perspective."

So we go from Sargeras to whatever they’ll fabricate another cheap villain for whatever lame expansion..."just buy our new improved Chronicles to see how amazingly shoehorned we ingeniously wrote it..." And how us puny toons can go on a godkilling spree with swords of Knull.

Right now the most powerfull are probably the First Ones, but of course they are free to add up anything they want on top of it.

And yeah, as already mentionned, the game will continue as long as its profitable, they have no plan about a final boss and then stop the game.
    MMO Champs :

10+ Year Old Account
    real answer: no idea
    right now seems void lords, but since void lords were shit out of their asses who knows what shit they will add later
    used to be Sargeras, and tbh i love DF but i see Legion would been perfect end for wow
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Azeroth obviously