The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb When was quoting a post and changing a word made into an infractable offense?

I just logged in and found out two weeks ago I got an infraction for changing one word in someone's post as a joke because the devs clearly were making a nod to how America used to be called the New World. This wasn't putting words into the person's mouth, it was a joke. Apparently this editing of their post in my quote is against the rules. People used to do this fairly regularly and there were no infractions. I didn't see any announcement for this rule being added, so how can you give someone an infraction for it if they are not aware it's a rule? Maybe a written warning on the post saying "hey, please don't do this moving forward, we realize this wasn't against the rules before but it is now" before points would be more fair. It definitely wasn't me trolling, though, that's a stretch at best.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2023-06-01 at 05:02 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    This has never been kosher, at least as long as I've been working on the site. Changing what a quote says it make it appear as if someone said something they didn't is generally not okay, especially since people rarely do it for positive reasons.

You're welcome to request an appeal, but to answer your question, this isn't a new rule.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |