Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Diablo 4 is AMAZING

Just finished the campaign. I would have paid $100 just for the cinematics. Blizzard needs to make a Diablo live action series or movie. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit84 View Post
    Just finished the campaign. I would have paid $100 just for the cinematics. Blizzard needs to make a Diablo live action series or movie. <3
    Except for Inarius and Lillith being hyped up and wasted, also the characters being idiots. I enjoyed the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can watch all the cinematics on youtube.
    Hi

With my barb I felt like Conan in the Dry Steppes...

All you are saying is you would over pay for some clips.
    What about, you know, the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You can watch all the cinematics on youtube.
    Okay...? I can also watch the highlights of the NBA Finals but it's a vastly different experience from being there watching the game live. Likewise, it's a very different experience to watch the cinematics play out in-game.

Anyway, I definitely enjoyed the campaign. Felt like I got my money's worth. Not sold on the endgame though...not really feeling like I'm building my own character, it feels more like a hidden hand guiding me towards pre-made builds.

I enjoyed it overall. I thought some of the plotting was predictable in the latter half. But the characterization is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I enjoyed it overall. I thought some of the plotting was predictable in the latter half. But the characterization is excellent.
    All plot is predictable, it is hard to be origional.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    All plot is predictable, it is hard to be origional.
    I wouldn't say all plot, but it is hard to be original. Not that originality is any sort of special basis for enjoyment, naturally.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would have paid $100 just for the cinematics.
    That's gross man.

5+ Year Old Account
    If all you liked about D4 were the cinematic (they are certainly nifty, granted), you might have saved >=$70 by just heading over to YT, just saying...

Still your post tells us nothing about the quality of the game as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Enjoying it immensely.

On my first walkthrough (blind, hardcore run) and trying to complete everything. Currently at level 41 on a Barbarian with some initial area content to finish before heading to the next. Had a few scares, especially when i first tried to TP out of a boss fight that wasn't going my way, and out of pots - managed to survive!)

The gameplay is extraordinary. I could argue that i'm not really sold on the talent trees (or paragon boards, not having reached them yet, but from previews), but they can sure make a fun game to blast through.

I do have a concern with the 'scaling' of the game, especially in regards to playing hardcore. I like playing safe, i like outleveling the content so i'm extra safe. This whole scales with your level shenanigan is dangerous as fuck, as every time you level up, you actually get weaker, and it's very, very noticeable. But hey, it is what it is. [edit]. Just remembered another 'meh' thing. They have hundreds of dungeons, and they look great, but i was a bit disappointed having run many last night, and a lot of them have the SAME boss! I did the Bishop of Blood like 3 times, and a weird abomination Khazra a couple of times aswell. Too bad they didn't come up with unique bosses for each.[ / edit]

Already leveling the other classes to some extent, and even at a low level, the gameplay just shines. It's fluid, it's fast, the animations are incredible. In particular i love how fluid the Druid shapeshifting animations are. I've seen something similar on PoE 2 teaser a few years back, but Diablo 4 hit the nail on the head with them. Very, very cool.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2023-06-06 at 06:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    theres no way a real human wrote this

Quote Originally Posted by BasilTheRat View Post
    All you are saying is you would over pay for some clips.
    What about, you know, the game...
    Unfortunately clips are part of the game. Don't forget all the reviews dinged Lightfall badly for having a bad story bad cinematics but they are like .00001% of the game and they all agree this is bests D2 has ever been gameplay wise, but lightfall still averaged a 6.6 and terrible user reviews just over those silly little cinematics that I have never not skipped even when they were supposed to be great in witchqueen.

I agree it makes no sense, but it very much IS a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say all plot, but it is hard to be original. Not that originality is any sort of special basis for enjoyment, naturally.
    The reason TLOU 1 ending is so good is because it subverted expectations.

A normal person's expectations would be that ND would preach to us about how the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, but instead our protag got heavily rewarded for lies and the needs of the 1. Just like IN REAL LIFE, so by not pushing some narrative about morality they subverted expectations and made fans for life.

Part 2 tried to subvert expectations again, but the leak happened and I'll be honest, I think the leak didn't reveal the ending to everyone as much as screw it up by not allowing expectations to be subverted again. IMO the leak was very costly to the game overall in a lot of ways and the leakers should not have leaked those scenes, imho.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2023-06-06 at 06:35 PM.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit, ended up going cold sorc to start with while I learn the game. Feel OP, I have built-in explodes with the fireball passive and throw out frozen obs for free with that passive, what the absolute fuck lol. Deep Freeze hits like a damned truck too, which I was not expecting. Have had some great full screen wipes using that + explodes. WT2 feels pretty easy so far with the build I'm cobbling together, though that seems to be the general opinion amongst more hardcore ARPG players.

I'm liking a lot of the little things though. The little statues you emote at to get a combat buff or portions or something is nice. Small, doesn't really matter, but nice.

Currently level 30 and still in A1 (maybe halfway through?) doing side quests and dungeons (a few of them twice after getting a quest), I'm gonna laugh if I hit 50 before I'm outta here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Except for Inarius and Lillith being hyped up and wasted, also the characters being idiots. I enjoyed the game.
    I don't know about being wasted. After reading the books I feel like everything was -very- much deserved. They were just as I expected them to be. Though I will agree on the last point, with Donan in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm enjoying it quite a bit, ended up going cold sorc to start with while I learn the game. Feel OP, I have built-in explodes with the fireball passive and throw out frozen obs for free with that passive, what the absolute fuck lol. Deep Freeze hits like a damned truck too, which I was not expecting. Have had some great full screen wipes using that + explodes. WT2 feels pretty easy so far with the build I'm cobbling together, though that seems to be the general opinion amongst more hardcore ARPG players.

I'm liking a lot of the little things though. The little statues you emote at to get a combat buff or portions or something is nice. Small, doesn't really matter, but nice.

Currently level 30 and still in A1 (maybe halfway through?) doing side quests and dungeons (a few of them twice after getting a quest), I'm gonna laugh if I hit 50 before I'm outta here.
    My guild mate finished Act 1 at level 47. I finished the whole campaign by 46 or something.

Fractured Peaks is very dense. It's probably not worth going to dungeons that are not for your class until after 50. They ask you to revisit a lot of dungeons (almost all of them) as part of the story, side quests, and in the endgame. The benefit of doing dungeons before 50 is very marginal because they always drop the worst version of the aspect.

I mean you will do a LOT of dungeons eventually. One trip through a T3+ dungeon is like 20 pre-level 50s in terms of value.

I see people burned out on dungeons early because they tried to "catch 'em all" as they were leveling and didn't realize how much the dungeons tie into the story, quests, and endgame.

My guild mate finished Act 1 at level 47. I finished the whole campaign by 46 or something.

Fractured Peaks is very dense. It's probably not worth going to dungeons that are not for your class until after 50. They ask you to revisit a lot of dungeons (almost all of them) as part of the story, side quests, and in the endgame. The benefit of doing dungeons before 50 is very marginal because they always drop the worst version of the aspect.

I mean you will do a LOT of dungeons eventually. One trip through a T3+ dungeon is like 20 pre-level 50s in terms of value.

I see people burned out on dungeons early because they tried to "catch 'em all" as they were leveling and didn't realize how much the dungeons tie into the story, quests, and endgame.
    Yeah, I'm realizing it's definitely better not to keep doing it this way. Come back with my mount later, like I'm planning to do for the bajillion lilith statues I'm missing

Same, I do not regret my purchase at all. I'm not into that debate of if its worth this tag price or not, imo value is a personal relation with money anyway. But, with that being said, I have no doubt in my mind that this was AAA quality. Sound design, music, visual, effects, all the dialogue voice over even the random chatter with hundred of npcs, some "main" side missions were really cool too. And the cinematics, the quality of them, really this was a great experience.

Even if I were to put the game down now before doing any endgame grind, I'd be satisfied. Rest is the cherry on top, I'll enjoy the grind and come back for season, probably buy the season pass too, I'm more than willing to support the live service dev with how good the base experience was.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If all you liked about D4 were the cinematic (they are certainly nifty, granted), you might have saved >=$70 by just heading over to YT, just saying...

Still your post tells us nothing about the quality of the game as a whole.
    Reading comprehension is taught to 6 year olds.

I will translate. He really liked the game and he thought that his experience was so great that he would have paid 100 just to have the cinematics. But he got the game too and he is happy with the experience. 2 thumbs up.

No "review" will tell you about the quality of the game. Just what the "reviewer" thinks of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro