I mean a shield has unique properties, block and armor, an offhand weapons is has auto attack swings.

Being an offhand tells us very little other than the slot in which it takes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trazzle View Post
    an offhand weapons is has auto attack swings.
    Offhands, don't have autoattack. they are just held. literal stat sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Offhands, don't have autoattack. they are just held. literal stat sticks.
    Patently wrong, offhand is typically used for daggers, fist weapons and the rare glaive. The icon text even notes that it’s 1h, or more clearly a 1 handed weapon.

Held in Offhand is what you’re talking about which are commonly just stats.

Patently wrong, offhand is typically used for daggers, fist weapons and the rare glaive. The icon text even notes that it’s 1h, or more clearly a 1 handed weapon.

Held in Offhand is what you’re talking about which are commonly just stats.
    no one talks about offhands and means weapons. offhand is the generic term for "held in offhand", for the simple reason that if a weapon is held in offhand it is just talk in relation to DW/dual wield. The same is true for offhand items in WoW. most "held in offhand" items are simple called offhand in their description.

Here a quick list of just a few
    inv_offhand_1h_kultirasquest_b_01
    inv_offhand_1h_libram_b_01
    inv_offhand_1h_warlock_c_01
    inv_offhand_draenei_a_01
    inv_offhand_1h_draenorhonor_c_01
    inv_offhand_1h_pandariaquest_b_02
    inv_offhand_1h_zandalarquest_b_01
    inv_offhand_1h_artifactcthun_d_06
    inv_offhand_1h_artifactskulloferedar_d_06
    inv_offhand_1h_bastionquest_b_01

compare that to weapons that can be held in the offhand like daggers(knife) or warglaives
    inv_glaive_1h_progenitorraid_d_01
    inv_glaive_1h_naga_c_01
    inv_glaive_1h_demonhunter_a_01
    inv_knife_1h_artifactfrostsaber_d_01
    inv_knife_1h_panprog_b_01
    inv_knife_1h_pandaraid_d_02
    inv_knife_1h_pvppandarias1_c_02
    inv_knife_1h_zandalarquest_b_02#

so, the item in question being called
    inv_offhand_1h_goblinraid_d_01

means it is a simple "held in offhand" item, like so many others-
    Last edited by Enrif; 2024-04-26 at 07:37 PM.

Ya got me there if true. If it’s just a standard offhand then it’s likely no more than stats.

Having a hard time imagining a priest or warlock trundling around with a claw pack but I guess we’ll see.

Ya got me there if true. If it’s just a standard offhand then it’s likely no more than stats.

Having a hard time imagining a priest or warlock trundling around with a claw pack but I guess we’ll see.
    If a DK can look like this
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/924592.jpg

and a druid can look like this
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/930830.jpg

and a demon hunter can look this
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...al/1016172.jpg

is it really that strange that a priest, mage or warlock could look like this?
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...al_Preview.jpg

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

I mean right now we can have all those classes running around in a mech with goggles and other fancy gadgets.

It is probably just a standard offhand, but it would be really cool if it were a claw pack visually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Can look like that. How many none player character Monk/Druids you see walking around looking like a toxic zombie?

I guess NPC/Heroes are simply incredibly smart/talented to be able to devote your life/studies to that of conjuring demons/infernal flame and managing/upkeeping their claw pack.

Simply conflicting/dissonant themes imo. Wearing engi goggles is one thing, controlling/managing a claw pack is another (I’d expect).

could the new hybrid elfs bring a path to a witch doctor class?
    i do think they would be great temathicaly with world soul saga, and this elfs could be the missing link to bring the loas to the other races and not just the trolls, (something like what the light do to bring new paladins maybe?)

witch doctors could be closer to the diablo 3 version, conjuring animals and things.
    Last edited by Porcos Voadores; Yesterday at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    no one talks about offhands and means weapons. offhand is the generic term for "held in offhand", for the simple reason that if a weapon is held in offhand it is just talk in relation to DW/dual wield. The same is true for offhand items in WoW. most "held in offhand" items are simple called offhand in their description.
    Yeah, weapons held in the off-hand are still "One handed weapons" which can be held in either the main hand or off hand. Where as "Offhand" items can only be held in the off hand and don't typically do anything; that is, don't have any special animations or interactions in combat or anything. And then, of course, "Shields" are shields and have their own unique functionalities.

As for a Claw Pack being an actual equippable item, that's a tough call. If it is an item held in the off-hand, then I think they'd probably end up creating a new item type for that. In fact, no matter where it slots, main hand, off hand, back, etc. if it has actual combat animations, it is going to need to be flagged as a new item type. If it does not have combat animations, then I think it would fit into the standard back slot.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; Yesterday at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    Who the fuck is bob?

In response to your argument, I don't think you should be entitled to replicate lore characters
    The state of Void users right now is similar to being forced to play a Holy Priest while looking at NPCs being Paladins. The breadcrumbs Shadowpriest gets when it comes to Void do not solidify the spec as the definitive Void fantasy.

As for why Varodoc mentions Alleria, it's because she is the NPC we will be looking at when it comes to a Void hero who is capable of wielding an arsenal of Void magic AND martial techniques in terms of bow, while the player is stuck with the offshoot spec of the healer class hoping to get close to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This is a power-fantasy game.

It makes pretty much no sense to restrict potential classes under this ridiculous and strange notion that "you shouldn't replicate lore characters".

This is a power-fantasy game, so I should be allowed to replicate the main character of TWW in terms of playstyle.
    Exactly. Hope exists for Midnight but if they go about it saying "Shadowpriest got 2 new cosmic void spells, why are you complaining?", I think it's game over for us.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Yeah, weapons held in the off-hand are still "One handed weapons" which can be held in either the main hand or off hand. Where as "Offhand" items can only be held in the off hand and don't typically do anything; that is, don't have any special animations or interactions in combat or anything. And then, of course, "Shields" are shields and have their own unique functionalities.

As for a Claw Pack being an actual equippable item, that's a tough call. If it is an item held in the off-hand, then I think they'd probably end up creating a new item type for that. In fact, no matter where it slots, main hand, off hand, back, etc. if it has actual combat animations, it is going to need to be flagged as a new item type. If it does not have combat animations, then I think it would fit into the standard back slot.
    I personally don’t think the claw pack would be its own weapon type like Warglaives were, but they could do it if they really wanted. Could make for some cool mogs after a while.

I suspect it could be part of the class’ unique customization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk