10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You really didn't read what I wrote, did you? Here, I'll repeat it for you. It's right at the beginning:

"That's irrelevant, because those are just two abilities that do not define the concept. The concept of the windwalker is of a kung-fu monk, a concept that is wholly absent from the Warcraft III Pandaren Brewmaster neutral hero unit. Similarly, the concept of the mistweaver is of a monk that utilizes ki manipulation of the element of water to heal and cure others, a concept that is also wholly absent fro the WC3PB unit."

Making brews does not define the Windwalker or Mistweaving concepts.
    Except it's not just two abilities. The very fact that you believe that it's just "two abilities" demonstrates why it's pointless for me to discuss this further with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You need to go back to grade school.... I mean you didn't even use "their" correctly.
    Attacking one's grammar means you have no arguments against them. Good job!

- - - Updated - - -

Except it's not just two abilities. The very fact that you believe that it's just "two abilities" demonstrates why it's pointless for me to discuss this further with you.
    You linked two. Feel free to link more. It won't make a difference, because --again-- it's an inescapable fact that the Windwalker and Mistweaver specs are not defined by 'making brews'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Attacking one's grammar means you have no arguments against them. Good job!
    I do believe that quote was in response to him saying I lacked basic English skills, but whatever.

You linked two. Feel free to link more. It won't make a difference, because --again-- it's an inescapable fact that the Windwalker and Mistweaver specs are not defined by 'making brews'.
    I think this thread no longer requires this tired conversation. When the next class arrives and it falls within the pedigree (and it will), I expect nothing but silence from you at first, and childish denials later.

Per usual.

While Warlocks had metamorphosis, yes they were effectively the DH class.
    Jesus christ, how many times do you flip a day? "The warlock was never meant to be the Demon Hunter" was your sloga. Anyway... just like the DH, abilities like Bladestorm, Hex and others can be take out of the classes and be given to a new one.

It was just a Rogue until we implement the HotS abilities, and it becomes quite different than a Rogue.
    No, no. I remember vividly. Even when presented with HotS abilities you called it a Rogue. Fan of Knives, calling the Spirit of Vengeance a shadow clone, etc, etc...

It's about unifying the Elven tribes. There's also no Quel'thalas open class concept available.
    Well, there kind of is - the Spellbreaker. Though, only a unit, not a hero.

Wardens have always been popular.
    According to who? You always bashed them for being the least attractive option.

At the end of DF Maiev began expanding the limits of the Warden order.
    That's a good sign. In terms of racial diversity? Gender?

And that's about it.
    Don't act all innocent. You always found ways to degrade the concept. Shadow dagger is another example, blink also. You even called the Spirit of Vengeance a shadow clone. And now, you suddenly turn upside down for some reason. Realized your mistake or are you trying to take credit for so-called predicting said class?

Completely different from the DH Warglaive though.
    Round shape vs half round shape. Her reminds me of Xena's weapon.

Nope.

Teriz has repented. He has found the light. You're a changed man (not).

Return to the WC3 and HotS concepts. Again, they're quite different from each other.

Oh that's right, Night Warrior didn't have a WC3 or HotS concept......
    Obviously, they perform different roles. But, even you admitted Blizzard has associated the Warden with the sun and moon.

The Night Warrior is simply an upgraded version of the PotM. Probably to bridge it and the Warden, with its use of glaives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Jesus christ, how many times do you flip a day? "The warlock was never meant to be the Demon Hunter" was your sloga. Anyway... just like the DH, abilities like Bladestorm, Hex and others can be take out of the classes and be given to a new one.
    You do know both can be true right?

The Warlock class was never meant to be the Demon Hunter in the end. However, while it had metamorphosis, it was effectively the Demon Hunter class in WoW because it had the DH’s signature ability.

Currently Warrior has the Blademaster’s signature ability, and has a hero talent tree based around that ability.

No, no. I remember vividly. Even when presented with HotS abilities you called it a Rogue. Fan of Knives, calling the Spirit of Vengeance a shadow clone, etc, etc...
    Link me to that conversation. I don’t recall it.

Well, there kind of is - the Spellbreaker. Though, only a unit, not a hero.
    A unit based around abilities that Blizzard banned in MoP.

And yeah, not a hero.

That's a good sign. In terms of racial diversity? Gender?
    It depends on how much time we have between DF and Midnight.

Don't act all innocent. You always found ways to degrade the concept. Shadow dagger is another example, blink also. You even called the Spirit of Vengeance a shadow clone. And now, you suddenly turn upside down for some reason. Realized your mistake or are you trying to take credit for so-called predicting said class?
    I have no idea what you’re talking about, sorry.

Round shape vs half round shape. Her reminds me of Xena's weapon.
    Yes, they’re quite different weapons.

The Night Warrior is simply an upgraded version of the PotM. Probably to bridge it and the Warden, with its use of glaives.
    Uh no. I find this infatuation with such a dead concept….. strange.

You do know both can be true right?

The Warlock class was never meant to be the Demon Hunter in the end. However, while it had metamorphosis, it was effectively the Demon Hunter class in WoW because it had the DH’s signature ability.

Currently Warrior has the Blademaster’s signature ability, and has a hero talent tree based around that ability.
    Based around that ability? Is it called Blademaster?
    Anyway, just like Metamorphosis, abilities like these can be taken out at any point and given to a new class.

Link me to that conversation. I don’t recall it.
    I do, from arguing with you so much. I'll remind you that i was advocating for the Warden, not you. You tried to sabotage it in any way possible.

A unit based around abilities that Blizzard banned in MoP.

And yeah, not a hero.
    Banned in MoP?

It depends on how much time we have between DF and Midnight.
    No, not really. They've already decided it. We just have to wait.

I have no idea what you’re talking about, sorry.
    Of course you don't. It's like the abusive husband syndrome.

Yes, they’re quite different weapons.
    I wouldn't say quite different. You slash with them. Maiev's could be cosidered a two handed weapon while the Demon Hunter's a one handed weapon.

Uh no. I find this infatuation with such a dead concept….. strange.
    Dead concept? It was just introduced last expansion. Just because Tyrande gave it up (horrible storytellers. Characters aren't allowed to be angry and vengeful), doesn't mean it is forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I do believe that quote was in response to him saying I lacked basic English skills, but whatever.
    And I was right if you couldn't understand that sentence just because of the word there.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I think this thread no longer requires this tired conversation. When the next class arrives and it falls within the pedigree (and it will), I expect nothing but silence from you at first, and childish denials later.
    Funny, because it never really matches your "pEdIgReE", you just retroactively change it to make it seem like they did.

Per usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based around that ability? Is it called Blademaster?
    Anyway, just like Metamorphosis, abilities like these can be taken out at any point and given to a new class.
    It’s called Bladestorm.

Banned in MoP?
    Abilities that destroy mana and resources.

No, not really. They've already decided it. We just have to wait.
    I’m talking about the time from the end of Dragonflight to Midnight. Is that enough time for Maiev’s order to spread to other elf races?

I wouldn't say quite different. You slash with them. Maiev's could be cosidered a two handed weapon while the Demon Hunter's a one handed weapon.
    Circular design? Not dual wielded? used as a throwing disk? etc.

Dead concept? It was just introduced last expansion. Just because Tyrande gave it up (horrible storytellers. Characters aren't allowed to be angry and vengeful), doesn't mean it is forgotten.
    Any mention of Night Warrior at all in the current expansion?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2024-03-29 at 01:47 AM.

It’s called Bladestorm.
    They're called Slayer, Mountain Thane and Colossus. Nothing Blademaster\samurai about them.

Abilities that destroy mana and resources.
    DH had them in Legion.

I’m talking about the time from the end of Dragonflight to Midnight. Is that enough time for Maiev’s order to spread to other elf races?
    It was literally 5 years between shadowlands and dragonflight. We have an expansion until Midnight.

Circular design? Not dual wielded? used as a throwing disk? etc.
    Half crescent vs full crescent.
    Actually, she also attacks in melee.

Any mention of Night Warrior at all in the current expansion?
    Why do you need to mention it every expansion?
    The evoker wasn't mentioned at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're called Slayer, Mountain Thane and Colossus. Nothing Blademaster\samurai about them.
    Having the Blademaster’s signature ability suggests otherwise.

DH had them in Legion.
    In an effort to give Demon Hunters some gameplay from WC3. It was quickly removed. They’re not going to build an entire spec or class around that.

It was literally 5 years between shadowlands and dragonflight. We have an expansion until Midnight.
    I’m pretty sure midnight starts right after TWW in the story.

Half crescent vs full crescent.
    Actually, she also attacks in melee.
    I realize that. But she has abilities like Naisho’s Memento which gives her weapon range and a bounce effect similar to a Huntress’ weapon. Maiev also had containment disc where she threw her glaive and it acted snare.

Why do you need to mention it every expansion?
    The evoker wasn't mentioned at all.
    Maiev and the Wardens have appeared in every expansion since Legion.

Just saying…… It gives credence to the notion that the Night Warrior concept is dead.

15+ Year Old Account

Per usual.
    Wow, exceptionally interesting that you of all people would say something like that.

Considering that you have claimed at least 3 times before the release/reveal of an expansion that blizz would 100% for sure would make the tinker class. You kept that ridiculous claim up even up until the actual launch at least once, claiming that the class was kept hidden for some reason.

Sure, you didn't stay silent when you where proven irrefutably wrong, but denial isn't really worth a damn when everyone knows you're graspong at straws.

Same thing here, you're making baseless claims yet again about something you have no clue about. It's the same old story, teriz making BS claims untill proven wrong, answer with denial, rinse and repeat.

Until you have hard and 100% undeniable evidence, your word is worth nothing. Probe your statement, do it.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Yeah. I think something void-based still makes sense, and tying it all back to M'uru/Entropius subtly infecting the well makes sense as well. What they use as a basis is still somewhat up in the air. Both Void Hunter and Night Warrior still make sense as possibilities; even a Void Knight of sorts would make sense.

I do think that if Night Warrior is on the table, then pairing it with Void Hunter and PotM makes a lot of sense, and it would create a solid class concept, on par with the Shaman. Even though I'd want to see some sort of Void Tank, personally, I don't think it really fits into this concept too well.
    While i was in the past more sure that Warden could have been the core of such a class, i think i swap this out to night warrior. It has connections to PotM, Warden, Void Ranger. Throw in the spellbreaker/spellblade come Midnight. And, i really really strongly believe, that whatever class we get in Midnight if it is slightly elven related, but doesn't incorporate spellbreaker in some way it would be a missed opportunity. Besides, the spellbreaker look would look badass in a void version.

Besides, we don't know how the old night warriors we see in shadowlands fought. They could be anything. Khaliiq strikes me as quite like an assassin(warden?), while we know nothing how Thiernax or the Stonewright might have fought.

This leaves the night warrior open to be represented in many ways, not just how Tyrande was.

- - - Updated - - -

The next class getting a healing spec isn't likely. We just got a healer spec with the Evoker class. Ion did say that a tank is likely in the next class.
    Can you provide a source for that Ion quote? First time i hear about it.

Also I remain skeptical of a Void Hunter spec/class because of the Dark Ranger hero tree. I see no reason to do a Void Hunter with a Dark Ranger tree sitting there doing essentially the same thing that a Void Hunter would be doing. If a Void Hunter class was on the table, Dark Ranger wouldn't be a hero talent tree in the Hunter class. Blizzard would be putting the Windrunner sisters together and combining Dark Ranger with the other Windrunner sister specs and build a class from that.
    Dark Ranger and Void Hunter are nothing alike. It is like comparing Death Knight to Priest, because both can deal shadow damage. We don't even have a clear picture of Allerias powers as a Void Ranger until we see something from TWW.

That really leaves Night Warrior and PotM, and I have a suspicion that the Sentinel Hero talent tree is going to cover PotM while Chosen of Elune covers Night Warrior.

And that's not even getting into the issue of hero talent trees for this Frankenstein of a concept.
    Every new class is a frankenstein. DK got Lich and Dreadlord and Vampire in it. Monk got besides Brewmaster, a celestial focused side and mist powers. And Evoker are the literal frankestein here, as being experiments combininn draconic and mortal bodies to wield powers of 5 different flight. Not to speak of the frankensteining we see in classic classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    Wow, exceptionally interesting that you of all people would say something like that.

Considering that you have claimed at least 3 times before the release/reveal of an expansion that blizz would 100% for sure would make the tinker class. You kept that ridiculous claim up even up until the actual launch at least once, claiming that the class was kept hidden for some reason.
    You're a little confused, but that's not surprising.

First and foremost, all of this is speculation, I have stated that multiple times. That said, the Tinker is an inevitable class, so yes every time an expansion rolls around with a potential class, the Tinker is a strong possibility. In this case we do have Gazlowe being hidden by Blizzard in TWW, and given what happened with Evoker 3rd spec, a mid-expansion class release isn't an impossibility.

Sure, you didn't stay silent when you where proven irrefutably wrong, but denial isn't really worth a damn when everyone knows you're graspong at straws.

Same thing here, you're making baseless claims yet again about something you have no clue about. It's the same old story, teriz making BS claims untill proven wrong, answer with denial, rinse and repeat.
    Well I was correct about Dark Rangers becoming an appendage to the hunter class, that the next WoW class would be a dragon race/class with visage forms and HotS abilities, about Blizzard considering a support spec, the Evoker 3d spec, and that the next expansion (11.0) would be underground and feature Nerubians and Undermine (that last bit is yet to be confirmed).

But who's counting?

As for my claims being "baseless", the basis of my claims is that the previous 4 classes were all based on WoW heroes, contained WC3 and/or HotS abilities, and related to their release expansion's themes. Which means that the next class will also follow along those lines.

Until you have hard and 100% undeniable evidence, your word is worth nothing. Probe your statement, do it.
    The 100% undeniable evidence is the Death Knight, Monk, Demon Hunter, and Evoker classes. Again, the next class will have the same pedigree as those previous 4 classes.

Having the Blademaster’s signature ability suggests otherwise.
    Said the Warlock during WotlK all the way to Legion.
    Translation: it means nothing.

In an effort to give Demon Hunters some gameplay from WC3. It was quickly removed. They’re not going to build an entire spec or class around that.
    Spellbreakers are not all about burning mana, but countering magic.

I’m pretty sure midnight starts right after TWW in the story.
    Do you know how long an expansions lasts, lorewise?
    Beside, why does it matter? What does Maiev need to accomplish during this time?

I realize that. But she has abilities like Naisho’s Memento which gives her weapon range and a bounce effect similar to a Huntress’ weapon. Maiev also had containment disc where she threw her glaive and it acted snare.
    Yes, it's a glaive. Just like DH has glaive toss and Hunters have chakrams.

Maiev and the Wardens have appeared in every expansion since Legion.

Just saying…… It gives credence to the notion that the Night Warrior concept is dead.
    What? What are you talking about?
    Monks didn't appear in every expansion. Neither did DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Can you provide a source for that Ion quote? First time i hear about it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._classes_will/

Dark Ranger and Void Hunter are nothing alike. It is like comparing Death Knight to Priest, because both can deal shadow damage. We don't even have a clear picture of Allerias powers as a Void Ranger until we see something from TWW.
    Thing is, in terms of gameplay Shadow and Void don't play very different from each other. In addition, much of the Void Hunter abilities shown by Alleria were simply enhanced Void Elf racials.

Every new class is a frankenstein. DK got Lich and Dreadlord and Vampire in it. Monk got besides Brewmaster, a celestial focused side and mist powers. And Evoker are the literal frankestein here, as being experiments combininn draconic and mortal bodies to wield powers of 5 different flight. Not to speak of the frankensteining we see in classic classes.
    The difference is those abilities were all pulled from the same general theme; DKs= Necromancy, Monks= Brews/Martial Arts, Evokers = 5 dragonflights

In this case you're combining a Night Warrior with twin glaives/Celestial abilities, Wardens with whatever, Void powers of Alleria, and the magical hunter abilities of PotM.

That really doesn't work together. Typically Blizzard focuses on one hero to show a cohesion of concept. Within the expansion classes, they don't typically smush 3 heroes together and have each hero occupy a spec. One hero forms the standard and the entire class works off of that singular standard. As always, it would help if you had a single hero you were basing this concept on.

That said, if I’m being fully honest, I’m beginning to doubt we’re getting a class in Midnight. No class is fitting the expansion theme. All of the options brought to the table are too NE centric.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2024-03-29 at 01:30 PM.

While i was in the past more sure that Warden could have been the core of such a class, i think i swap this out to night warrior. It has connections to PotM, Warden, Void Ranger. Throw in the spellbreaker/spellblade come Midnight. And, i really really strongly believe, that whatever class we get in Midnight if it is slightly elven related, but doesn't incorporate spellbreaker in some way it would be a missed opportunity. Besides, the spellbreaker look would look badass in a void version.
    While I do have a small concern that this is elven-focused, it does makes sense for Midnight. That said, I liked your take on how non-elves could also be this class, via Hero Class starting scenario. You mentioned something like an ambassador of sorts, caught in the chaos and infused/corrupted, but pulled free by Tyrande, Thalyssra, etc. Not only would this be an interesting starting scenario tied to the main story/theme of the expansion, it gets the player directly involved with some of the main characters, both Alliance and Horde, which is always fun. Though instead of being an ambassador, I think it could be more interesting if you were just an assistant or guard for the ambassador, and the ambassador becomes one of the bosses you have to fight. There's something satisfying about defeating your corrupted boss.

Remember, this is the same guy that, if it fit his narrative, would say Shaman and Monks are the same thing because not only can they dual wield fist weapons (and we all know that sharing weapon types is not permissible), they are also healers. I mean, they're totally the same thing, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Remember, this is the same guy that, if it fit his narrative, would say Shaman and Monks are the same thing because not only can they dual wield fist weapons (and we all know that sharing weapon types is not permissible), they are also healers. I mean, they're totally the same thing, obviously.
    Except its not about fitting a narrative. It's about the fact that a Void Hunter and a Dark Ranger are both shadow-based archers. I know people like to pretend like there's some vast difference between void and shadow, but gameplay-wise there really isn't.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Except its not about fitting a narrative. It's about the fact that a Void Hunter and a Dark Ranger are both shadow-based archers. I know people like to pretend like there's some vast difference between void and shadow, but gameplay-wise there really isn't.
    No one pretends there is a different between damage types, every one but you just acknowledges that the damage type doesn’t matter at all and blizzard can design the gameplay to be as different as they want.

Hell if you had an honest bone in your body even you would admit that they can jsut make a new damage type called void and they would be enough like you say spellfrost is different then frost.

So what you're saying is that Necromancy is Void Magic. Got it.

And if you want to get technical, there is no gameplay difference between shadow, fire, nature, holy, and spellfrost, but we still have Shaman, Druids, Priests, Mages and Evokers. Why? Because they allow for different themes. And guess what, Cosmic Void is a theme that differs from Shadow, especially when you build an entire class around it.