Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Xbox signs exlcusive agreements. Sony acquires studios. It is silly to single out Xbox over these things.
    They both do both relatively frequently, Xbox acquiring far more studios overall over the past generation while Sony's leaned more on platform/timed exclusives to support their first party offerings (until more recently).

Some strong second party games might have helped out Xbox this generation, but I don't recall them having tons of success on that front last generation and they have enough internal studios now that they should be able to set themselves up to put out regular first party releases and not really need that second party support.

https://www.polygon.com/24120021/hel...nreal-engine-5

Looks like Tameem Antoniades left the studio....

Worse than leaving is staying on and putting out a lesser product that you did in the past because the passion is gone and you are just pleasing shareholders though. Hellblade 2 looks good.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2024-04-04 at 05:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Worse than leaving is staying on and putting out a lesser product that you did in the past because the passion is gone and you are just pleasing shareholders though. Hellblade 2 looks good.
    Why does it have to be a lesser product? Burn out is a very real thing and selling a company you owned might start to make it easier to "take a break" from the stress.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/24120021/hel...nreal-engine-5

Looks like Tameem Antoniades left the studio....

I mean Ninja Theory has a long history of putting out lesser products. Not sure why we're acting like their some great studio to begin with, hellblade 1 was alright and 2 looks to continue in the same mold but even if hellblade 2 is some 10/10 banger that still is only putting their studio at mid status when they previously put out Heavenly Sword, Enslaved and DmC lmao.

With hellblade they found a way to make a decent cinematic story, not much so a game and the rest of their library isn't great if their next project after HB2 is "lesser" I don't think it's because he left or because of shareholders but because their studio has a history of just not being at that level you're trying to put them at.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why does it have to be a lesser product? Burn out is a very real thing and selling a company you owned might start to make it easier to "take a break" from the stress.
    When a company buys us out when we have already made a name for ourselves, there is a chance we might just coast until the contract runs out and we can retire or move on the next big passion of our lives. I don't think Ninja Theory is in any danger of this though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean Ninja Theory has a long history of putting out lesser products. Not sure why we're acting like their some great studio to begin with, hellblade 1 was alright and 2 looks to continue in the same mold but even if hellblade 2 is some 10/10 banger that still is only putting their studio at mid status when they previously put out Heavenly Sword, Enslaved and DmC lmao.

With hellblade they found a way to make a decent cinematic story, not much so a game and the rest of their library isn't great if their next project after HB2 is "lesser" I don't think it's because he left or because of shareholders but because their studio has a history of just not being at that level you're trying to put them at.
    I said it looked good, not really my cup of tea. Couldn't finish Hellblade 1 or DMC. My worse than leaving comment wasn't intended to be a passive aggressive or even about Ninja Theory, just an observation.

If they want to keep Xbox around with this strategy then they will at least have to give people a reason to buy it over Playstation then if they want people to keep buying, like me.

Either by making the Xbox a lot more powerful than Playstation (it is better, but not really noticeable most of the time) or by making it a lot cheaper. For example if Playstation was 500€, then the best Xbox should be 300-350€.

Otherwise as an Xbox gamer myself I just don't see a reason then to buy the next Xbox if Playstation will have all the Xbox games + exclusives for the same-ish specs and price.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

I haven’t played it but isn’t Enslaved looked at as a hidden gem? One of those games that’s amazing and highly regarded but no one played it due to the time it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I haven’t played it but isn’t Enslaved looked at as a hidden gem? One of those games that’s amazing and highly regarded but no one played it due to the time it was released.
    Most of their games are looked back on fondly but they were never massive hits. Honestly I'm glad they managed to stick around, I never played enslaved but I've enjoyed their other games.