Poll: Do you want a dungeon finder in classic +?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Do you want a dungeon finder in classic+?

Simple answer, simple question.

I myself would like a dungeon finder. Best cross realm. Best with matchmaking.
    Last edited by schmonz; 2024-02-28 at 06:00 PM.

Is a "No, im happy with my LFG addon that filters the entire chat and creater an effective LFG tool" for me.

Aint no way you are having difficulties finding a group with the addon...i think...at decent hours at least.

edit:
    Wait...you mean in a possible classic+ future? Or the current SOD?

Aren't the poll options just a tad biased?
    Also - Define Dungeon Finder. Is it with a teleport to the dungeons like it began in Wrath?

I'd vote no, if the poll was neutral. I love to meet the same people in dungeons and bond with them. When I started Classic I was genuinely surprised how friendly most people were. I would meet people in BRD with whom I did Wailing Caverns and Shadowfang Keep with. I made quite a few friends in these dungeons and I still chat with them on Discord on a monthly basis.

I don't expect this to happen when people can just enter a group and leave, such as with how I experience it in Wrath Classic. People don't interact with each other on nearly the same level. Especially when it's crossrealm.

Don't even get me started on how people just ninja loot more often when there's no consequence of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Is a "No, im happy with my LFG addon that filters the entire chat and creater an effective LFG tool" for me.

Aint no way you are having difficulties finding a group with the addon...i think...at decent hours at least.

edit:
    Wait...you mean in a possible classic+ future? Or the current SOD?
    I think rather than having a crippled pinboard, we should have a real dungeon finder. Much more easy to use, much more convenient. Also not limited to regions or realms as like the chat.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    I think rather than having a crippled pinboard, we should have a real dungeon finder. Much more easy to use, much more convenient. Also not limited to regions or realms as like the chat.
    Well..."it depends" for me.

LFG addon is already near to perfect and serves its purpose completely (the only downside is the auto-scrolling making it hard to click the damn name of the group leader)
    BUT
    If classic+ isnt as famous as SoD...then mayyyybe "yes i would like LFG cross server grouping"
    But to be honest, i would prefer "server merging" at that point...even though i hear "experts" saying sometimes that doesnt fix the problem.

So i dunno, im not sure.

For SoD it would be nice to have the dungeon stone activated so that players can be ported. But please no dungeon finder!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Thats one factor that could bring me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    For SoD it would be nice to have the dungeon stone activated so that players can be ported. But please no dungeon finder!
    This. They should have added summon stones to SoD. People are already buying lock summons instead of traveling. Just a added hurdle for no apparent reason. It was cool traveling out to the dungeons first couple of times. Afte 12735187 times its not that fun.

Would be nice to have a dungeon finder for only the server you play on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't intend to yuck anyone's yum. But is there news about Classic+ that I missed? I was under the impression that SoD is Blizzard's answer to classic+.

Was there an announcement, or post that indicated that there will be a classic+?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

No RDF but make the innkeepers and stones work how they were supposed to. As LFG tools.

Least biased poll on this forum.

Its not that I think its some amazing system that revolutionizes the game.. but damn man.. if it keeps the endless spam of looking for tank or healing just to a minimal in trade/general chat then its worth it.

I think doing it the way Lotro does it would work well with SoD.

No matchmaking, you still have to form your groups manually, but using the Dungeon Finder with a fully formed group would give you an instant teleport into the dungeon. If someone drops, you can invite a replacement from your guild/friends/LFG channel, and they'll be able to instantly join you in the dungeon, circumventing the need to have to travel all the way to the dungeon's location.

With how focused on dungeon farming SoD is compared to Era, I feel like this would be a nice shot in the arm of QoL for people, since there's really nothing of value gained from having to travel to a dungeon, especially if it's something like Scarlet Monastery and you're Alliance. Not allowing for Matchmaking also kills pretty much the only argument people have with LFD in Retail - "Oh my god, it kills the social element, no one has to talk to anyone anymore, there's no accountability, blah blah blah".

The feature added like this would simply be a time saving QoL update that lets people get to what they want to do faster - running dungeons, and cuts out the middleman of having to walk all the way there.

Make a bulletin board where people can sign up and leave it at that.

Since Classic+ doesn't exist gotta say no?

I'd be okay with something in the middle, or nothing at all, but not a queue system with matchmaking. A UI for listing groups within a single server would be better than LFG and ideal for me. I'd rather nothing at all than a matchmaking system, and I think cross-server would be a big mistake.
    Last edited by ghost wrekk; 2024-03-26 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosnogard View Post
    Aren't the poll options just a tad biased?
    Also - Define Dungeon Finder. Is it with a teleport to the dungeons like it began in Wrath?

I'd vote no, if the poll was neutral. I love to meet the same people in dungeons and bond with them. When I started Classic I was genuinely surprised how friendly most people were. I would meet people in BRD with whom I did Wailing Caverns and Shadowfang Keep with. I made quite a few friends in these dungeons and I still chat with them on Discord on a monthly basis.

I don't expect this to happen when people can just enter a group and leave, such as with how I experience it in Wrath Classic. People don't interact with each other on nearly the same level. Especially when it's crossrealm.

Don't even get me started on how people just ninja loot more often when there's no consequence of it.
    Of course they're biased. The OP is looking for validation for their "side" of the argument, not actual discussion. That's true for all of schmonz's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    Since Classic+ doesn't exist gotta say no?
    It's hilarious how so many tried to flame me when SOD was first announced and I said it wasn't classic+ (since I had said classic+ as these forums wanted would never happen)

And now the general sentiment is accepted that SOD is not classic+ lmao

Nope. lfg is part of the cancer that ruined wow originally