Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You know that what you're also saying there is "only like 2% of people who watched it liked it", though, right?

Do you think that "2% of people who watched this liked it!" is some kind of ringing endorsement, or something?

What you're highlighting here is nothing but the fact that the vast majority of people who watch something don't give a like or dislike. Whether they did or did not like we don't know - we only know they didn't push the button.

But we do know that more people pushed the "don't like" button. That's it. How that reflects to the overall taste of the entire viewership we don't know.
    If they didn't bother to dislike or like, seems like its more apathy, for then is whatever.

Thats me, i didn't dislike, cause it was just "meh", if it was not by the people here discussing this is set years ago i would not know(or if you didn't bother to go read the synopsis or spoilers, which most normies don't do), there is nothing that the trailer tells you about, there is no impactful characters or amazing scenes, and you just know people are fighting cause there is no good or evil just power....and its mostly women
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2024-03-25 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's the easiest way to avoid grognards whining (they'll whine anyway, but this minimizes it). Move forward enough that the past is legendary. Maybe the New Republic lasted a few centuries before fragmenting into smaller galactic cantons or fiefdoms, and there was a general collapse of Galactic society in there. Maybe there was a grand new war that was entire political, rather than driven by the Jedi or Sith. The Jedi and Sith haven't been heard from in centuries, but the legends are still told. The planets and new regimes rising from the ashes of the Great War are starting to arm up as their scopes start to reach each other once again. An uncertain Galaxy, with no direct ties to what came before other than whispered legends and lost ancient artefacts and ruins.

And in that setting, a young person sneaks off into a cave exposed by a rockfall, only to find ancient ruins within. Worked stone, and dim lights that still function. They delve deeper, wondering what they've found, and on what looks like an altar, they see a strange object. A small shaft, shaped to fit a hand. They pick it up, press the button on its side, and a saber blade burst, blasting away the darkness.

Roll title. Tell me that wouldn't work. We still need a villain, but I wouldn't even go with a single Sith. I'd just go with a phantasmic Dark Power. We can embed that power into a single person in a sequel. And fuck, no, it's not goddamn Palpatine again. Whoever brings this up in project meetings gets hit in the face with a thrown shoe.

Hell, maybe the blade that erupts from the ancient saber is red. We're following the "bad guy". There's a twist.
    I'm sold.

I can imagine something where travel and communication between star systems being reduced to near nothing. No more galactic political system. A story to reunite the galaxy and save different worlds from their unique issues. All the while rediscovering The Force, and those who are sensitive to it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    You are confusing what the rule of two actually is supposed to be as an element of lore and whether or not the people working on current or future stories respect it or not. Just like Luke and redeeming Anakin was supposed to be the event that restored balance to the galaxy. LOL. Whether they respect that lore doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
    huh? Your reply makes no sense to me.

I'm not confusing anything about the rule of two. I just posted the exact text from the wiki YOU linked. I'm confused by what you are trying to say....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    huh? Your reply makes no sense to me.

I'm not confusing anything about the rule of two. I just posted the exact text from the wiki YOU linked. I'm confused by what you are trying to say....
    So what is your point then to debate me about whether there is a thing in the lore called Rule of 2?

Are you serious?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    So what is your point then to debate me about whether there is a thing in the lore called Rule of 2?

Are you serious?
    I asked you a question and you went off on a wild tangent making no sense. I don't even know what I'm debating with you to debate hence why I'm trying to ask what you are even saying.

You seem to be saying the rule of 2 was a thing followed by all sith. Even though we have proof that there were pretty much always more than 2 sith.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I asked you a question and you went off on a wild tangent making no sense. I don't even know what I'm debating with you to debate hence why I'm trying to ask what you are even saying.

You seem to be saying the rule of 2 was a thing followed by all sith. Even though we have proof that there were pretty much always more than 2 sith.
    Come on dude, you asked me to explain whether or not the rule of 2 means only 2 sith existed in the high republic. And I pointed out that the definition is found within the official canon of Star Wars. So what is your point? Again you are confusing the existence of this lore that has been around for quite some time with whether or not they decide to change it going forward. There is nothing on a tangent about it. And obviously the larger point was the High Republic lasted for hundreds of years so unless Sith live for hundreds of years, it is impossible for "only 2" Sith during this period. Again the definition speaks for itself and doesn't imply what you were asking.
    Last edited by InfiniteCharger; 2024-03-25 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relikk View Post
    There was absolutely nothing in that trailer that got more than a /shrug. The High Republic is mostly boring, anyway.

It looks like it'd be better as a feature length episode in something like Visions.
    IDK, the Nihil are pretty dope. I'm just doing a crash course on the era. Not sure if they are around for the show but would like them to be based on what I've read so far.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    If they didn't bother to dislike or like, seems like its more apathy, for then is whatever.
    It doesn't mean that. That's your personal bias, because that's what it means FOR YOU.

I love watching tons of crap on youtube, I "click like" on almost none of it. Because I don't give a shit to press the button, ever. I can be thrilled to the moon, and I still won't click 'thumbs up'.

The /only/ time I ever really THINK to press a "like" button is for small-time youtubers looking for those clicks to help them get visible. I think in ten years I've clicked a "thumbs down" five times. I just never bother.

So no, the lack of clicks to anything doesn't mean apathy. *It means nothing.*

Doesn't mean better, doesn't mean worse. Means /nothing/ at all.

So even if those clicks are "2% of people watching the video liked it. And 4$ didn't." It means 94% of viewers didn't bother clicking at all. And that's ALL IT TELLS YOU. It can't tell you 'why' they didn't bother. And anyone inferring why is just blind guessing, or just talking about themselves. (In this example, you talked about yourself, and your own bias, making you think that's why 94% of everyone else who viewed it must be 'apathetic.' Because YOU are.)

I don't care about clicking like or dislike on almost all videos. So that accounts for 1 of the 94% of views that doesn't fall in your assumption. I bet I'm not the only one =D.

P.s. The trailer looks fine, for a show that looks like it could be good. I am not apathetic. I am hopeful I'll enjoy it. Still didn't click shit on a youtube video.

Because clicks MEAN NOTHING.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2024-03-27 at 06:44 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    It doesn't mean that. That's your personal bias, because that's what it means FOR YOU.

I love watching tons of crap on youtube, I "click like" on almost none of it. Because I don't give a shit to press the button, ever. I can be thrilled to the moon, and I still won't click 'thumbs up'.

The /only/ time I ever really THINK to press a "like" button is for small-time youtubers looking for those clicks to help them get visible. I think in ten years I've clicked a "thumbs down" five times. I just never bother.

Hell, dislikes and likes barely even matter to youtube videos.

I have heard from people who understand the algorithm that a dislike and like have the same impact on the general algorithm. It only impacts what you personally see. Liked videos you see more of, dislike less. But, all video interaction pushes the video out to more people. So, if you don't want a video to be pushed on youtube, you are better off not watching it at all than giving it a dislike.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Hell, dislikes and likes barely even matter to youtube videos.

I have heard from people who understand the algorithm that a dislike and like have the same impact on the general algorithm. It only impacts what you personally see. Liked videos you see more of, dislike less. But, all video interaction pushes the video out to more people. So, if you don't want a video to be pushed on youtube, you are better off not watching it at all than giving it a dislike.
    I figured as much, it was just the 'small thing' I might could do - give that thumbsup reaction to the small-creator youtuber, for whatever its worth.

Thankfully, I'm pretty good at being able to tell the type of video it is from its title/thumbnail so I don't often watch videos I end up disliking. So I rarely feel like using the thumbs down button, anyway.

For me to use a thumbs down means they somehow REALLY offended me. I wish I could use it to thumbs down stuff I don't like to make it go off my feed, but my issue is that if I thumbs down someone like Critical Drinker, I have a feeling the algorithm won't take that as just against CD, but against "all movie reviewers." And my favorite, Chris Stuckman, would end up getting less shown on my feed. Which would suck.

See... POINTLESS! They mean nothing! XD
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

5+ Year Old Account
    When was the last time someone posted in the high republic thread? Years... pink lightsabres n shit...

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...+high+republic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post

Well, maybe thats YOUR personal bias, because that's what it means FOR YOU

See? two can play this game. Also, you kinda show how my pov is right in this one. You simple don't bother in liking or disliking, many people ahve that same sentiment, some stuff is just mild or ok or whatever that they will not bother in doing it. Apathy

In the other hand, people who were moved or felt something, be happiness or anger will be more likely to express in some way, that is in the like/dislike or the comment section.

Meaning nothing at all? Also knows as Apathy

Indiference, lack of any emotion, nothing, apathy, lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Meaning nothing at all? Also knows as Apathy

Indiference, lack of any emotion, nothing, apathy, lmao
    Apathy: lack of feeling or emotion; lack of concern.

Just because someone didn't click like or dislike doesn't mean they lacked feelings or concerned. It means literally nothing. You are spinning a story from nothing.

A person could have mixed feelings, liking parts and disliking others. A person could be hyped for the show but indifferent to clicking like. A person could have disliked the trailer, but may be interested in the show and choose not to click either. There are a myriad of ways a person can have emotion and concern while not clicking a button. It is not evidence of apathy.

Could some users be apathetic? Sure. But those apathetic people can still also click like or dislike.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Apathy: lack of feeling or emotion; lack of concern.
    Which can easily be the feeling of people watching the trailer, they don't feel any emotion to like or dislike.

they lack concern, they don't care, so they don't like or dislike.

Of course, there is people who loved or hated the trailer and didn't like or dislike the video. Never said that was not a possibility. But i think a lot of people simple don't care about it enough.

Either way, more people dislike the trailer, as there is more dislikes than like, and we can only use those metrics to base on ratio.

5+ Year Old Account
    Youtube just has the best comments (from trailer)

"Someone is killing Jedi"
    It's Disney

Harvey: Close your eyes. What do you see?
    Leslye: I didn't see anything, Boss!

“Close your eyes, what do you see?”
    “Disney didn’t watch that South Park episode”

Close your eyes. What do you see?
    Chrome extension: "I see half a million dislikes"

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Disney Plus The UnWise?

"Close your eyes, What do you see?"
    Nothing I canceled Disney+ months ago

Trailer starts: "close your eyes.
    Me: Good advice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    When was the last time someone posted in the high republic thread? Years... pink lightsabres n shit...
    What is wrong with pink? Mara Jade in Legends had a magenta color and that is considered a shade of pink. Some of you are really going out of your way to whine about Star Wars when it looks like you never were an actual fan.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What is wrong with pink? Mara Jade in Legends had a magenta color and that is considered a shade of pink. Some of you are really going out of your way to whine about Star Wars when it looks like you never were an actual fan.
    It's always nice to be reminded that people will conveniently ignore that the prequels exist when they whine about Disney "destroying the franchise."

Haters might call it pink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Waffles is clearly here just to trash the show that hasn't even come out yet and we know pretty much nothing about.

People are saying Disney ruined Star Wars again with the trailer based on nothing. In my life, first it was "Ewoks ruined Star Wars" then it was "The Special Editions ruined Star Wars" and then it was "The prequels ruined Star Wars" and then it was "The Clone Wars series ruined Star Wars." Shockingly some of the most beloved things now once ruined Star Wars.

Star Wars has been getting ruined for 40 years at this point.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2024-03-28 at 09:54 PM.
    –The Sith Code

Waffles is clearly here just to trash the show that hasn't even come out yet and we know pretty much nothing about.

People are saying Disney ruined Star Wars again with the trailer based on nothing. In my life, first it was "Ewoks ruined Star Wars" then it was "The Special Editions ruined Star Wars" and then it was "The prequels ruined Star Wars" and then it was "The Clone Wars series ruined Star Wars." Shockingly some of the most beloved things now once ruined Star Wars.

Star Wars has been getting ruined for 40 years at this point.
    To be fair, I think downgraded is a better term than ruined. Ewoks represent a big tonal shift from the story’s backdrop, bringing a kind of levity and child appeal to what could have been considered a more serious story up until then. Comic relief isn’t always bad, and usually welcome in more serious stories, but the Ewoks were very child friendly, toy line creations. I do love them so, as I grew up with them and still remember them fondly.
    The prequels have many things that drove down the value, such as JarJar and the introduction of midi-chlorians. The characters dialogue was also not well written in some scenes.
    I have not seen The Clone Wars yet, but I’ve never actually heard anything bad about them. Not to say there hasn’t been, as nothing is ever pure positive, but every time I’ve seen it discussed it’s always been good.
    I’m not going to discuss the dogwater sequel trilogy; and no, most of my issues aren’t about Rey.
    That aside, for everything that could be a downgrade, Disney has had some really well done shows (for a while) and side movies. The Mandalorian is great, and Rogue One was pretty good (outside of Whitaker’s character choosing to die the way he did). I’ve heard people really liked Andor.
    This could be a good show.
    I do get your point though, as the fan base is pretty toxic and everything that doesn’t cater to them has ruined the story. While I don’t agree with them, I do think there have been some downgrades in the story thru the years.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's always nice to be reminded that people will conveniently ignore that the prequels exist when they whine about Disney "destroying the franchise."

Haters might call it pink.

You see, though, this is cool because SLJ is a badass, and purple is a pimp-ass boss color for a black badass Jedi. /s

(this is actual reasoning I've heard for not being upset at Mace Windu's purple lightsaber.)