5+ Year Old Account

[TV] HBO [The Batman]: The Penguin

The Penguin | Official Teaser | Max

Max
    Mar 22, 2024

The next chapter in @TheBatman saga from Matt Reeves. Academy Award Nominee Colin Farrell is #ThePenguin in the new Max Original Series coming this fall to Max.

1+ Year Old Account
    In modern fashion, the character looks nothing like the comic books and cartoons. Also there is no Batman apparently.

So it's just a gangster series. Might as well call it "The Penguinos" or "The Penguinwalk Empire".
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2024-03-22 at 05:47 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's in the same world as the movie The Batman, the most recent Batman movie, and this is a TV series, dunno how many episodes

Loved that car!
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2024-03-22 at 05:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    while i did enjoy his portray in that movie. I rly don't think we need a "penguin tv show". Pretty much the same way we didn't need other batman stuff without the batman like Joker.

Maybe The show will be good like the movie. But if it is, i think it will be good its own merit, cause the joker movie had nothing to do with "the joker", it was just borrowing the name and "looks" of the IP. So i would rather be a standalone thing instead of "it is a batman thing"

But hell, if its good, do it.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to give it a go (unless I just hear its crap after its released) - just because I do like the 'different flavor' of the new Batman this show's world is based in. So I'm willing to see if I like this Penguin.

But I'm with Syeg - I don't see a need for this show. Especially as its the 2nd show to try and do a Penguin-independent tv show. And the third tv show to try and do any Batman related spinoff (the third being Gotham). All of these shows didn't make it. So...you go HBO! You try a third time! I'm sure it will work .

I really liked the first Penguin-spinoff tv show, with the younger Penguin played by an actor who did a FABULOUS job with it (whose name I will never remember) and actually was disappointed when that show got cancelled. I tried watching Gotham for a season or 2 and got bored.

Maybe with me third time is the charm too =D.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

yea, not looking forward to this.. Gotham had an amazing early Penguin and Riddler. And now they are just trying to constantly get new actors in there. We really don't need 20 actors for the same role. Something DC really has to learn.

Why did they have a mini teaser including 4-5 shots from the teaser before the teaser? lol

Anyway, looking forward to this. I like this batman universe and I enjoyed Colin Farrels portrayal of the penguin.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    yea, not looking forward to this.. Gotham had an amazing early Penguin and Riddler. And now they are just trying to constantly get new actors in there. We really don't need 20 actors for the same role. Something DC really has to learn.
    It's not the same role... The characters in Gotham are from the same source material, but they aren't telling the same stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Why did they have a mini teaser including 4-5 shots from the teaser before the teaser? lol
    Yeah, I wish that stupid-ass trend would stop. We're already watching the trailer. We don't need a trailer to the fucking trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's not the same role... The characters in Gotham are from the same source material, but they aren't telling the same stories.

Yeah, I wish that stupid-ass trend would stop. We're already watching the trailer. We don't need a trailer to the fucking trailer.
    Yea I get that. But people will not be ready to constantly watch a different actor play a role that in their eyes is the same. That the DC fans know different is irrelevant. This has to (sadly) appeal to the masses.