Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    I still would like a tbc realm.
    There should be "WoW Archives" option for every 'done' classic expac, with just single normal PVE server (few months before classic expac is done, you have option to pernamently leave character from progressing classic server to archives one).

Of course some idiots would scream "now WoW playerbase is split into 7 parts!" (just like they are counting classic era and hardcore as separate things with same gravity as retail, sod, wrath), because they won't understand purpose is to have option to experience it alone or with friends, not establish healthy playerbase.

In current situation progressing retail makes sence. Vanilla and various experiments with it make sense - it's basically different game focused on leveling part, with different world and different tempo. But having 1 specific expac from 15 years ago as third option, with similar structure as retail and gone after 2 years like retail expac - well, that is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Of course some idiots would scream "now WoW playerbase is split into 7 parts!" (just like they are counting classic era and hardcore as separate things with same gravity as retail, sod, wrath), because they won't understand purpose is to have option to experience it alone or with friends, not establish healthy playerbase.
    While questing and dungeons can be done with a small group of friends. A healthy player base sure does make raiding more accessible. Me and my 4 friends won't be able to kill Arthas.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    While questing and dungeons can be done with a small group of friends. A healthy player base sure does make raiding more accessible. Me and my 4 friends won't be able to kill Arthas.
    And? You and your 2 friends won't clear dungeon, you and your 9 friend would kill Arthas, I don't see point of your comment. My point is Blizzard should keep servers like that as option to experience content as it was, not actively try to keep people there like they currently do in Modern, SoD and "Rerun" Classic now. Hence just 1 server per expac after it is done on Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    So, are we gonna talk about how with the released numbers, we finally saw that classic tbc and woltk literally had ZERO Impact on sub numbers, while dragonflight currently is above the peak of real tbc and classic ?

Any theories why that could be ? Will cata also fail like tbc and woltk?
    I have literally only been subbed because of TBC/ WOTLK and will be for Classic, and not only subbed but on 2 accounts because of their dumb rules about transferring characters between accounts for classic because I had to have 2 accounts to have 2 boosted characters before they did what I wanted and just released a Boost that you could buy. There are at least 24 other people in my raid group that are the same way none play retail we all sub for classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    And? You and your 2 friends won't clear dungeon, you and your 9 friend would kill Arthas, I don't see point of your comment. My point is Blizzard should keep servers like that as option to experience content as it was, not actively try to keep people there like they currently do in Modern, SoD and "Rerun" Classic now. Hence just 1 server per expac after it is done on Classic.
    That would be a silly waste of money. Why host servers for something only a small handful of people use at any given time?

If there is no actual community for it, it is not a worthwhile investment.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That would be a silly waste of money. Why host servers for something only a small handful of people use at any given time?

If there is no actual community for it, it is not a worthwhile investment.
    I've said it before and I'll keep saying it:

At the end of Classic and the start of TBC, not enough people stayed on Era or activated their clone from Era, for Blizzard to decide that TBC Era would be financially viable. The number of people that straight moved to TBC dwarfed the number of people that stayed on Era, and even further dwarfed the number of people that paid to activate their Classic Era clone. I personally don't have the exact numbers, but Blizzard has that data. I'm sure if they had the data for the Era/TBC split they wouldn't have even done Era. EVERYONE would be sent off to TBC and beyond.

TBC Era and Wrath Era would not have been financially viable for Blizzard. Not to mention now you'd need to upkeep Retail Client, an Era Client for Classic, an Era Client for TBC, an Era Client for Wrath, AND now a Cataclysm Classic Client.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    TBC Era and Wrath Era would not have been financially viable for Blizzard. Not to mention now you'd need to upkeep Retail Client, an Era Client for Classic, an Era Client for TBC, an Era Client for Wrath, AND now a Cataclysm Classic Client.
    It should not matter for museums if they are successfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I am not surprised by this thread. OP has a hate-boner for Arthas and Wrath.

Without knowing the exact numbers by game version, you can't attribute the "fail" to Wrath Classic as opposed to Retail.
    This, besides some people desperately want to defend the turd that was SL for some reason.
    I remember Oribos being near-empty on plenty occasions as well, whereas Valdrakken is never like that (which implies that without WotLK the dropoff would have been yet more... cataclysmic ).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    It should not matter for museums if they are successfull.
    "Should" is irrelevant to reality.
    Maintaining a collection is a costly affair.

I'm a fan of museums mind you, but refusing to making "concessions" to reality is far more dangerous than any lack of funding could ever be.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    This, besides some people desperately want to defend the turd that was SL for some reason.
    I remember Oribos being near-empty on plenty occasions as well, whereas Valdrakken is never like that (which implies that without WotLK the dropoff would have been yet more... cataclysmic ).

- - - Updated - - -

"Should" is irrelevant to reality.
    Maintaining a collection is a costly affair.

I'm a fan of museums mind you, but refusing to making "concessions" to reality is far more dangerous than any lack of funding could ever be.
    Probably private servers would be a good idea, rather than blizzard refusing them. If people want to run a museum, Blizzard should licence them servers for a small fee. A very small fee that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This feels more like a "Game vs. Game" type thread, which doesn't generally lead to constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead