Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    So a friend of mine is appealing an account action.

But the suspension is almost up it was a week long and not a single response to his ticket. That is a joke.

What happened to the support staff? Why is there no more live chat for account/payment related issues and instead bot responses at best to more critical issues?

What the heck happened? Blizzard support used to be known for being top notch.
    Wouldn't hold your breath, I got suspended for "abuse" and made a ticket for some clarification on the suspension and they replied within 4 hours linking me to the TOS page, you can tell the entire process was automated.

I'm convinced as the email was sent back at 9 pm CET on Easter Sunday, unless they only have American staff working the customer support now. Either way, it was an AI response or complete dog shit customer support.

Didn't they fire all the GMs and quality assurance staff because their shareholders demanded it or something? Those two don't go very well in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Clearly, Blizzard should charge for support calls. I mean, it's a cost to them, and this would screen out some of the bogus calls.

Players would likely get better service if they had to pay for it, since Blizzard would now see it as a profit center, not a cost center.
    I know you're joking but if Blizzard wants to add a premium support service where people who have been correctly banned for being human garbage can have the privilege of another human being telling them they were banned for being human garbage then this is one of the few cases where the free market actually does its job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I know you're joking but if Blizzard wants to add a premium support service where people who have been correctly banned for being human garbage can have the privilege of another human being telling them they were banned for being human garbage then this is one of the few cases where the free market actually does its job.
    Amen
    {10char}

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    so I copped a ban recently. 10 days, means I miss out on all of Noblegarden which sucks. So as one does, I appeal it. Primarily because I genuinely don't know what I said to trigger the ban. I have a suspicion but I'd like to know for sure. Got the generic response, which is just utter garbage. Like I get it, most people who get a ban or suspension deserve it. But when someone appeals it, they shouldn't get a generic response. It should be a response from a human which addresses what they are asking about and answers their fucking question

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If it was AI we'd probably have live chats as soon as we opened a ticket.
    Also, if it was bots, they'd agree to everything we say and ban us anyway because obviously we didn't do it. That's just how generative AI works. There's no context, it's just a probability string of words.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so I copped a ban recently. 10 days, means I miss out on all of Noblegarden which sucks. So as one does, I appeal it. Primarily because I genuinely don't know what I said to trigger the ban. I have a suspicion but I'd like to know for sure. Got the generic response, which is just utter garbage. Like I get it, most people who get a ban or suspension deserve it. But when someone appeals it, they shouldn't get a generic response. It should be a response from a human which addresses what they are asking about and answers their fucking question
    Homie, if you're at a 10 day ban for something you said in-game then you already know exactly what you said. You don't cop a 10 day off the bat. That's the result of many different infractions adding up. It's obviously the result of endemic behavior that you're either reluctant to fix or you're just insanely toxic... in either scenario, the obvious fix is to just not say things that might get you banned.

It's an example of "ha ha just serious".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Well, actually people can pay money to get rid of (forum) bans. Just get a new account.

They can even buy multiple accounts to get rid of comments on the official forums they do not like. Just get 10 accounts with different names, and downvote the opinion you do not like on blizzards forum. It will turn gray, and vanish into the void. That is, until a mod cares about it. Which is not really likely nowadays after all those layoffs.

Blizzards account security sucks. Blizzards downvote feature sucks and includes every paid account (as long not combined within the same battle.net account).
    Last edited by schmonz; 2024-04-03 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    Well, actually people can pay money to get rid of (forum) bans. Just get a new account.

They can even buy multiple accounts to get rid of comments on the official forums they do not like. Just get 10 accounts with different names, and downvote the opinion you do not like on blizzards forum. It will turn gray, and vanish into the void. That is, until a mod cares about it. Which is not really likely nowadays after all those layoffs.

Blizzards account security sucks. Blizzards downvote feature sucks and includes every paid account (as long not combined within the same battle.net account).
    And today on "MMO Champion conspiracy files"...

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    And today on "MMO Champion conspiracy files"...
    Where do you see a conspiracy? That is how their forums really work. And how you really may use money to not be banned. Get another account and you all set to play again. Get another account and you may use their forums again.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    Where do you see a conspiracy? That is how their forums really work. And how you really may use money to not be banned. Get another account and you all set to play again. Get another account and you may use their forums again.
    ...it's almost like having to rebuy a game and have an account again is like a punishment or something....

I mean it's not the giant brain ban evasion strategy you think it is
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...it's almost like having to rebuy a game and have an account again is like a punishment or something....
    It is. And its a special kind of whale hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean it's not the giant brain ban evasion strategy you think it is
    I never thought it was. It is just facts.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Homie, if you're at a 10 day ban for something you said in-game then you already know exactly what you said. You don't cop a 10 day off the bat. That's the result of many different infractions adding up. It's obviously the result of endemic behavior that you're either reluctant to fix or you're just insanely toxic... in either scenario, the obvious fix is to just not say things that might get you banned.
    I still want confirmation. And I should get a proper reply, not a bot reply. Whether I deserve it or not is irrelevant; I will take my punishment if I did the wrong thing. But I still want to know definitively what I said

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I still want confirmation. And I should get a proper reply, not a bot reply. Whether I deserve it or not is irrelevant; I will take my punishment if I did the wrong thing. But I still want to know definitively what I said
    Why? The only reason anybody should be this concerned with what got them banned is because they're trying to figure out ways to circumvent future bans for the same language. In that situation, it's probably better that you never know what actually got you banned since the problem is behavioral and not just the language you're using.

Eh it depends on some stuff, position of planets, what side of the bed someone woke up on or whatever. On Wotlk classic i used auto hot key to spam a macro to tame loque nahak, and press reconnect if i got dc'd when i went to bed and got my acc ive been playing for 17+ years permabanned with no chance of appeal. Someone else buys 2k gold on HC classic and gets the gold removed and a stern talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthorite View Post
    So a friend of mine is appealing an account action.

But the suspension is almost up it was a week long and not a single response to his ticket. That is a joke.

What happened to the support staff? Why is there no more live chat for account/payment related issues and instead bot responses at best to more critical issues?

What the heck happened? Blizzard support used to be known for being top notch.
    Way back in the day Blizzard support + Anti Cheating was top of the industry. Activision happened and as they aged they started to take the drug called FukItAll, now they give 0 fuks. They wont even pay for AI support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    On Wotlk classic i used auto hot key to spam a macro to tame loque nahak, and press reconnect if i got dc'd when i went to bed and got my acc ive been playing for 17+ years permabanned with no chance of appeal.
    Well AHK is technically speaking automation software you are running together with WoW...and they dont really have to care if you are only using it for macro spam, rebinding some keys or trying to let it play your class for you.