Wink Are Sargeras & Illidan Mirror Images?

Both believe the ends justifies the means. Both saw an existential threat and resorted to fel energies to defeat it. Both cared more about defeating the enemy than maintaining the respect of their peers. I wonder what conversations they are having through the bars of Sargeras's cell? Might they ride out together to save us from the void? (just kidding on that last part - Blizz wouldn't get *that* crazy, would they?)

- - - Updated - - -

WHAT IF... Illidan stayed behind with Sargeras to convince him to work with us instead of against us????
    I doubt Blizz is headed this way, but wouldn't it add a whole new level of chess-master depth to Illidan's saga?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it was telegraphed long ago that Sargeras will not remain an actual villain and that Illidan will have something to do with it. In fact, it looks well more likely that Sargeras will shift Illidan's perspective against the rest of the pantheon.

They're busy reconstituting in preparation for their ultimate return so how that all plays out is in the hands of the current writers. But yes, Illidan is Sargeras Jr.

Sargeras pulling a redemption arc. Now that I think about it in my head I can 100% safely say I would hate that as probably the worst story decision they have ever made

They should move back sargeras to being the main villain again, one who we might fight but never defeat, with or without the burning legion.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Metzen hadn't come back: I wouldn't have been surprised if they would have killed Sargeras off-screen.

Scenario:
    We return to the Seat of the Pantheon, all the Titans are sitting there but Sargeras is nowhere to be found,
    Us: "Hey where'd Sargeras go?!"
    The Titans: "We ate him" )))))

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Sargeras pulling a redemption arc. Now that I think about it in my head I can 100% safely say I would hate that as probably the worst story decision they have ever made
    I have no inside scoop on what Blizz intends for Sargeras. We did all hear Metzen say we would eventually learn more about the Titans' true intentions, and I would not be surprised if Illidan played some role in revealing that to us. He's had time to snoop around, and we all know he doesn't trust authority types.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Sargeras has the disadvantage of not being a hot female elf with a writer in love with him. So a redemption story is unlikely.

I assume what we will be slowly pointing towards is "mortal" heroes adopting the powers of the 6 Domains to take combine them against a bigger opponent.

Illidan is gonna be the Disorder "Aspect", Alleria the Shadow Aspect, Sylvanas the Death Aspect, Anduin (or maybe Velen) the Light, Tyrande the Life, and maybe our PC is becoming the Order Aspect.