WoW is coming back to China.

It looks like one of the largest WoW player bases are finally headed back to Azeroth this summer. China is returning home which should be a huge boon to the WoW community and to the market for Blizzard. Welcome back, y’all.

When did it leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    When did it leave?
    iirc, Alaccording to those that favored a certain graph and its numbers...China wasn't counted anyway.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    sweet we need those people hooked back up to IVs farming my gold for me, the eastern Europeans charge too much

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    When did it leave?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    iirc, According to those that favored a certain graph and its numbers...China wasn't counted anyway.
    January of last year smart aleck (Shadowferal).

I hope it means less bots. Its gotten way out of control since their servers closed.

I know that they'd never tell us but I'd be really interested to know what percentage of players who had subs at the time of the shutdown return when it reopens.

Many, many ML China players just rerolled on the TW servers after the NE deal fell through. The CCP didn't block WoW with their firewall. (The main reason people access the game through VPNs in China is due to shit ping when doing anything natty.) So while I'm sure this will represent a decent level of subscriber growth, it may not be as much as unlocking an entire region might suggest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I hope it means less bots. Its gotten way out of control since their servers closed.
    This will have absolutely no impact on the prevalence of botting. Also, many of the most influential bot farms are in Eastern Europe these days, not China. (Thanks, crypto!)