Let's say the Locus Walker...

...or one of his kin spends time visiting and observing the Maw, the Void, and the Twisting Nether. How does he visit these places and how does he survive? Idk, he uses mysterious locus-walkery tech. When he returns from his voyages, he(?) decides to set up a compare-and-contrast. What are his notes? What are his conclusions?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I still think that he is a disguise for Dimensius the All-Devouring.

Xal'atath has this to say after Locus-Walker helps Alleria defeat L'ura and absorb her power:

The caterpillar has become the butterfly. She is all but ours now.
    Locus-Walker/Dimensius has been molding the "caterpillar" into becoming the "butterfly". That is the Eredath storyline.

Also, Blizzard loves to recycle plot beats across their franchises, so this would just be Leah/Diablo/Adria all over again.

The Locus-Walker is secretly a Void Lord, and the Void Lord believes that Alleria and the Ren'dorei are the most important and valuable mortal race in the entire Cosmos.

Also, it would be badass if Dimensius took on the form of an Ethereal, considering how he ruined their homeworld in the first place. A twisted mockery of one of his victims.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It occurs to me that we tend to picture these places in terms of how they relate to us, with us at the center the way it's depicted on Blizz cosmology chart. The denizens of these other planes wouldn't see it that way, of course. How would it all look with them at the center?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I still think that he is a disguise for Dimensius the All-Devouring.

Locus-Walker/Dimensius has been molding the "caterpillar" into becoming the "butterfly". That is the Eredath storyline.

The Locus-Walker is secretly a Void Lord, and the Void Lord believes that Alleria and the Ren'dorei are the most important and valuable mortal race in the entire Cosmos.
    If you really think that the Locus-Walker is a Void Lord and orchestrated the "birth" of the Void Elves, why are you not coming to the conclusion that they are merely some puppets for one of his plans but instead calling them " the most important and valuable mortal race in the entire Cosmos"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    If you really think that the Locus-Walker is a Void Lord and orchestrated the "birth" of the Void Elves, why are you not coming to the conclusion that they are merely some puppets for one of his plans but instead calling them " the most important and valuable mortal race in the entire Cosmos"?
    The two are not mutually exclusive.

But since Alleria will be the main character of the Worldsoul Saga, the Void Elves will indeed be the most important mortal race in the Cosmos.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The two are not mutually exclusive.
    Oh, so you agree that they are merely some lowly puppets dancing in the palm of a Void Lord?
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    What are his notes? What are his conclusions?
    Hard to tell since we haven't been to the Ethereal's home and don't know what the baseline for their culture or values or lives are like.

Given the abysmal state of the Warcraft galaxy, with nearly every world except Azeroth or Draenor having been destroyed by the void lords or the Legion, Azeroth should be extremely notable to him (and any other beings travelling the cosmos). Not just for the insane variety of life on Azeroth, but the fact that it has successfully endured and repelled several apocalypses. Multiple invasions by the Burning Legion that destroyed the rest of the galaxy, including a unique variant of the Legion in the form of the Scourge. Multiple attacks by old gods that corrupted the rest of the galaxy. Also survived multiple deputies of the Titans going rogue (Loken, Neltharion, etc). Has repelled invasions by other timelines (Hour of Twilight, Iron Horde). If someone travelling the cosmos needs a safe, secure home, they should be seriously considering relocating to Azeroth.

The rest of the Warcraft universe should not be anywhere near as notable as Azeroth, as you are looking as monochrome worlds. The galaxy is either made up of worlds that are all purple tentacles, or worlds that are all Legion. Or you're looking at elemental planes that are all fire elementals, a dream realm that is all fluffy critters and talking trees, etc. Actually the Shadowlands is the one dimension that seems to have variety to it, and we only saw four out of the "infinite" number of afterlives out there. A cosmic traveler could spend a long time exploring that realm, might also be good for relocating to as well.

I asked Claude, one of the various AI projects. Here's what Claude came up with:

Based on lore from world of warcraft, how might a visit to the Twisting Nether (assuming you could survive it) differ from a visit to the Void?

In World of Warcraft lore, the Twisting Nether and the Void are distinct but related dimensions that exist outside the physical realm of Azeroth.

A visit to the Twisting Nether would likely involve:

Chaotic energy: The Twisting Nether is a realm of chaotic energies, where the boundaries between the astral and the physical are blurred. Visitors might experience disorienting shifts in reality and perception.
    Demon encounters: The Twisting Nether is home to various demonic beings, such as the Burning Legion. Visitors might encounter powerful demons and other malevolent entities.
    Magic instability: Magic behaves unpredictably in the Twisting Nether, and spellcasting might lead to unexpected or amplified effects.

In contrast, a visit to the Void would be characterized by:

Absolute darkness: The Void is a realm of utter darkness, devoid of light or any physical matter. Visitors would be engulfed in an all-consuming, oppressive blackness.
    Whispers of the Old Gods: The Void is the domain of the Old Gods, ancient and malevolent entities that seek to corrupt and consume all existence. Visitors might hear their maddening whispers and feel their influence on their thoughts.
    Void energies: The Void is a source of dark and transformative energies that can warp and corrupt beings exposed to them. Visitors might experience physical and mental changes due to prolonged exposure.
    Ethereal encounters: The Void is home to ethereal beings, such as the Voidwalkers and Void Lords. These entities are often hostile and seek to manipulate visitors for their own purposes.
    In summary, while both the Twisting Nether and the Void are dangerous and alien realms, a visit to the Twisting Nether would be characterized by chaotic energies, demonic encounters, and unstable magic, whereas a visit to the Void would involve absolute darkness, the influence of the Old Gods, and exposure to corrupting Void energies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Oh, so you agree that they are merely some lowly puppets dancing in the palm of a Void Lord?
    Good to know.
    Just because they're puppets doesn't mean they aren't important puppets.