Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

I hope we never see Chromie again.

I recently leveled an alt through a Timewalking campaign and then the Dragon Isles, and I was reminded of how unbearably annoying this snotty little toddler dragon is. I'm not sure who directed the voice actor they got for this role, but they should be fired. I found myself skipping cutscenes in Thaldraszus because I couldn't bear to hear it any longer. Your characters shouldn't be encouraging players to play the game with the sound off!

We've had some truly terrible voiceovers in the past (Sindragosa in ICC, Ultraxion in Dragon Soul... maybe Blizzard just doesn't know how to voice dragons?) but those were at least one-patch affairs. This horrible little shit is shoehorned in everywhere, and at this point somehow serves as a franchise mascot despite sounding like the redheaded one from Rugrats.

I'm incredibly optimistic about the World Soul saga and the future of WoW in general, and I'm hoping the great new direction the game is heading in can leave this one character punted to the back burner where it belongs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chromie is amazing. Can't wait to see more of her in the, pardon the pun, future.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Chromie is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    Chromie is amazing. Can't wait to see more of her in the, pardon the pun, future.
    She’s fantastic and has become one of my favorite characters. They did good work with her arc in DF.

Really? Chromie was one of the highlights of the expansion to me

I like her, she at least has a personality unlike most current wow main characters, including basically all current dragon aspects.

She's fine in small doses. Sort of like a reverse Nathanos.

Dawn of the Infinite pushed the limits of what I would consider a tolerable level of Chromie exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    I like her, she at least has a personality unlike most current wow main characters, including basically all current dragon aspects.
    Don’t get me wrong, the aspects are mostly bland as hell and some of them have voice actors almost as bad as Chromie (looking at you, Alexstrasza) but I’d rather have a slab of drywall than a character with Chromie’s “personality,” which basically boils down to “we can save the world with the power of friendship!”

Agreed. She was a neat sidequest NPC in the Plaguelands, but she cannot carry an emotional story arc.

The voice acting of WoW has been all over the place, even to this day. I was just running Antorus for transmogs yesterday. For such a climatic raid, the voice acting is shoddy. I turn off WoW and turn on Final Fantasy XII or even XIV, and there is a night and day difference in the voice direction. No idea why this is the case for WoW, the most profitable game ever raking in $210 per player per year with a constant 5+ million sub count over the course of two decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, the aspects are mostly bland as hell and some of them have voice actors almost as bad as Chromie (looking at you, Alexstrasza) but I’d rather have a slab of drywall than a character with Chromie’s “personality,” which basically boils down to “we can save the world with the power of friendship!”
    Well I play in spanish, her voice may be better than the english dub. She's just a fun silly character you don't have to take seriously. Time travelling stuff in wow has been used as 4th wall breaking silly stuff for a long time now, it's nothing new. If she was the main character in the amirdrassil finale would be different. She's at least kinda serious against Iridikron in the dungeon and gets to be useful in battle both lore and gameplay-wise, unlike the aspects against fyrakk.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Love Chromie and the voice actor! Great addition. But I do agree about Alextrasza being boring af.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate that they infantilize Gnomes because they're small. It's creepy.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Chromie is amazing how can anybody dislike her?

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I hate that they infantilize Gnomes because they're small. It's creepy.
    I'd say it's more "MCU-disney quirkiness" than infantilization

This is WARcraft. If Gnomes are going to take the spotlight, then they had better be the embodiment of what this franchise is about. We need starring Gnome characters like these:

- - - Updated - - -

Doe eyed "I'll save you Nozdormu!" disney cartoons have no place here.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Chromie is incredibly endearing and a great fit for when more fun stuff outside a more serious story.

DF story sucks though and Chromie can’t carry serious stuff like they tried in dawn of the infinite.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Chromie's cute as heck and while I wish Dawn of the Infinite focused more on Nozdormu, more Chromie isn't really unwelcome. I hope we see her here and there in the Worldsoul saga, it seems like Last Titan would be a good spot for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This is WARcraft. If Gnomes are going to take the spotlight, then they had better be the embodiment of what this franchise is about. We need starring Gnome characters like these:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/najggA9l.png[IMG]
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/xo7CrXvl.jpeg[IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Never played Warcraft in your life then.

Gnomes should be about Warcraft.

Hmf..in my own revision, dragons as a whole disdain both Gnome and Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately Blizzard writers and devs will never use Gnomes the right way or allow them to use their true potentia in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    I recently leveled an alt through a Timewalking campaign and then the Dragon Isles, and I was reminded of how unbearably annoying this snotty little toddler dragon is. I'm not sure who directed the voice actor they got for this role, but they should be fired. I found myself skipping cutscenes in Thaldraszus because I couldn't bear to hear it any longer. Your characters shouldn't be encouraging players to play the game with the sound off!

We've had some truly terrible voiceovers in the past (Sindragosa in ICC, Ultraxion in Dragon Soul... maybe Blizzard just doesn't know how to voice dragons?) but those were at least one-patch affairs. This horrible little shit is shoehorned in everywhere, and at this point somehow serves as a franchise mascot despite sounding like the redheaded one from Rugrats.

I'm incredibly optimistic about the World Soul saga and the future of WoW in general, and I'm hoping the great new direction the game is heading in can leave this one character punted to the back burner where it belongs.
    First time hearing a gnome talk?