Poll: why dose fear fear me im really not scared.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: FEAR!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: FEAR!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisen
    To previous post:

Well I must say fear can be a bitch sometimes, allthough I must say it seems the warlock combined both skill and luck in this fight against you. Thanks to diminishing returns he should not have been able to chain fear you more than 2, maybe 3, times so he must have hit a streak of luck when fearing you around like a scared bunny

I know it might be to late, but next time facing a lock in a situation like this I would suggest you use pillars etc to hide, bandage, restealth if possible - remember line of sight is your friend when facing enemies relying on it to take advantage.

And as it might be appropriate, better luck next time.
    Mantisen.
    Good tips, exept that hidding behind a pillar will not help much againsta lock for one very simple reason: Their pets, it hits you so you can't bandage and you stay in combat, but the time you can get enough space between you and the pet (or kill it), the warlocks on you again...
    best (and almost only) chance to beat a lock is to drop him in one go, and it just might take all your cd's if the lock's good enough. Usually it comes down to resisting Death Coil (using CoS at that time seems best to me as it's the one spell that will allow a lock to fear you again, and you prevent around 1000+ hp taken from you and given to the lock)
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Yes I like the killing part you wrote up there!

I know the pet is a problem with hiding from a warlock, but if you can it's worth a shot blinding the lock and taking out his fugly pet

But as I said, I would favour the blow all cooldowns and get him to hit the floor! With lock down you've nerfed both the opposing teams CC and some damage
    70 Dranei Shaman - Grim Batol (EU - Engrish!)

Good rogues can take me down fast enough now that stun doesn't break, even with 9k hp and 210 resil. Hiding from a lock is generally a bad idea as dots follow you around corners and out of LOS, but as said - just try to one hit them without letting them get anything offensive off and its game over. If you are undead then you have it a lot easier against Warlocks that do get out of your stun lock.

Point fingers on /fear /skill wont work.. Evry class is overpowerd at some point... Fear can be prevent same as deathcoil...... its a matter of aproch.

In some reply some said pala lock was the best combo ? hmm rogue-priest... would come closer.

Owell some thing u can do vs fear...hmm dont know but to prevent thats differnt

Stun(4sec) - Clos(6sec) random dps(SS-BS w/e) - Stun(6sec) Zzz wtf pawnd caster

Hmm add some sprint if needed... and just cc healer in 2v2 dont try to kiel it... then again I really dont know if there space for healers in 2v2... O) crap this was about fear.... fear is crap just dont get in that spot Kk !

Pala lock is not nearly a lock, more like 'stun - 1.6k normal; 1.3k normal; 4.6k white crit; etc.'. Those 6 sec. stun is about enough imo. :]

Fear is retarded just because of the fact you are able to do damage to the person being cc'd without breaking it.

I'm scared of a purple laughing skull =(
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

ya, i was actully take the post seruis untill the "OMG i got feared 90000000 times in a row"

thats just as bad when i got accused that the lock in my group wasnt taking dmg

there locks, get over it there not over powered, get skill, get gear or go home

Try fighting a lock as a Paladin, honestly. Rogues have nothing to QQ about here, at least you can put up a good fight. For me, the current state of the Warlock class has ruined this game. I don't mean the percieved "over-powered" nature of the class, in itself. I mean the significant number of advantages the class has, coupled with the fact that every newb and his dog has rolled a warlock in the last 12 months. They are definately over-represented on my server at least. For me to beat a warlock 1v1, the lock has to be pretty damn bad, or very undergeared, and that is frustrating considering the amount of time and effort I've put into gearing my character. It is frustrating that purely due to class imbalance I get utterly destroyed every time.
    Anyway, I don't play conventionally in that I gear for spell-power rather than healing. And so I have a better chance than your common arena healadin. Perhaps it will make something of a difference with the changes to resilience, but I doubt it. The real fact of the matter is that spammable fear is incredibly incredibly powerful in this game, even with diminishing returns. Ask any experienced paladin healer in an arena how many times they've been feared in one match. Often the number will be more than 3.

Also, to the lock above who said they got beaten by a good rogue - 9k hp and 212ish resi isn't very much. Either they were poorly geared, or you are good enough with those fear buttons to make it a close fight.

Sune Lvl70 Paladin
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn
    even with 9k hp and 210 resil
    ye, right

Quote Originally Posted by Neostarfox
    Fear is retarded just because of the fact you are able to do damage to the person being cc'd without breaking it.
    Agree, Fear should have ~6sec cd, same as Cyclone.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

I got a question, Very small and simple one. Why are we whining about fear when rogues do the exact same thing with stuns?

Who was the person writing and saying that fear doesnt breaks from Damage? You havent read the fear description then.

"Strikes fear in the enemy, causing it to run in fear for up to 20 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Only 1 target can be feared at a time."

Quote Originally Posted by nsdtr
    Who was the person writing and saying that fear doesnt breaks from Damage? You havent read the fear description then.

"Strikes fear in the enemy, causing it to run in fear for up to 20 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Only 1 target can be feared at a time."
    Yea, only problem is, it doesn't really break much at all. IMO, they should increase the chances of fear breaking from DoTs dmg.
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by xritta
    he did a lil first aid i had no combo points no deadly thow. by the time i hit him with just a regulat throwing wep. he was able to get close enough to fear me....
    then i trinket out ... sprint. he fears again.im really far away now. he dots again i CoS to break life drain and dots.
    At this point fear diminishing returns probably reset. And he could fear you again.

i get in melee range he fears again....
    i get out of fear i run to him to blind.
    to get in melee range he trinkets... and fears......

Almost certain it reset here again since you were at this point feared for a long time with no sprint CD to get back in range.

fear wears off... i vanish his pet pulls me out of steath as soon as i vanished.... he noob coils.... im feared again......

i get out of fear another fear he did to me... i hit him once 2x... he fears me again and i die
    I just find it amusing that the warlock needs to fear you so many times, at least twice managing to kite you long enough for the 15 second diminishing returns timer to reset and still you claim fear is overpowered ... for reference you blew it by not using CloS with sprint to make sure you got him into a stunlock before he refeared you.

Anyone want to help me I have a 70 lock that is (21/0/40) yes I know destro isnt suppose to pvp, but its my fav spec and im not switching. In reg pvp (I raid and bg no arena) Every time I get a rogue it goes...

stunlock to 50%( so bad i cant even get a noobcoil off)
    cos at 50% and then I get to stand there and die....

vs ms warr its , like
    charge
    hamstring
    I noobcoil and trinket
    start to dot and run
    he intersepts and im dead 9k health, getting hit for 2k a swing and immune to fear isnt very fun

Imho your specc really isnt good for fighting melee classes until you get some more Hp ... and... try using Succubus so Stunlock and warrior doesnt hurt that much

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    Quote Originally Posted by nsdtr

Yea, only problem is, it doesn't really break much at all. IMO, they should increase the chances of fear breaking from DoTs dmg.
    I love posts like this one. And I absolutely love the way Blizz is "nerfing" warlocks. I personaly play a Shadow Priest. And you know what? I got nerfed twice as much as a warlock class. And now I read "nerf fear more" .
    When a warlock's fear breaks from DoTs, he recasts it, uses Howl of Terror, or death Cloil and fear AGAIN. When my Scream breaks from a DoT dmg (it usually happens in like 1-2s - belive me), Im pretty much defenseless. Thats why guys please, don't think only of "totaly overpowered 1 vs 1 killing machine" but remember there is one more class who is getting screwed every time Blizz listens to whinners and "nerfs" a warlock .

Simple fix to all warlocks OP'dness is when a lock dies all his dots on people dissapear or at least they do %50 less dmg

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hipopotamo
    When my Scream breaks from a DoT dmg (it usually happens in like 1-2s - belive me), Im pretty much defenseless.
    The problem is that you and warlocks think that their fear usually breaks in 1-2s (noticing mainly cases when you cannot do your thing due to it breaking early), while the targets generally think that it never breaks at all (mainly noticing cases when it lasts till the end and they cannot do their thing).

Naturally, the truth is somewhere in the middle, but it's going to be hard to discuss if nobody agrees on the average fear duration.

So, the OP is whining about losing 1-1 to an affliction (If all those fears were normal cast time fears, that rogue is totally hopeless) Warlock when the warlock was low on life when the whole thing started and he had avaible CDs and used CoS, trinket and Vanish?

I really don't know what to reply here other then 'get a fucking grip'.