Leotheras tanked by a mage ? possible ?

Hi there,

during this summer our guild lost some members and now we only have 1 demo with RF stuff.
    So he has to tank leotheras during demo form. The problem is that he is less and less interested in pve.
    Our other demos are far playing enough to get the FR stuff from heroics...

I'm a mage, with classic spellfire/spellstrike stuff and i currently own 111 badges of justice but i don't have anything to buy unless... the FR set.

Is there a way for me to tank Leotheras during his demonist form ?
    I'm talking about generating enough threat, having enough life etc.

If it's possible I'll spend those 100 badges to get the stuff... unless i'll prefer to keep them back in the bank for future patch (who knows ?).

Re: Leotheras tanked by a mage ? possible ?

I guess it should be possible if you get enough hp and fire ress, but doubt you will keep enough hit/dmg/mana to be able to build enough threat, warlocks get easyer more hp, more fire ress, take less dmg (with soullink) and got a spell with bonus aggro

ok...

that's exactly what i thought...

we do leotheras without a demo specced wl. u just need enough hp and fr. threat shouldnt be a problem when the dps groups are buffed with blessing of salvation and antiaggrototems.

It would be rather frustrating probably. You have no snap aggro like a warlocks doom and searing pain do and the hp pool would probably be worse. But its possible.

I'm a mage, and I'm thinking tanking Leotheras would be too much of a headache. It could be done, but that doesnt mean it's a good idea.
    www.elitistjerks.com

Anyone with Fire Resistance CAN tank Leo in his Demon phase but for the best over all survivability it is best is a Warrior, Warlock, or Druid tanks him.

Preferably, a warlock does it with high FR because of the debuff, searing pain = a ton of agro, they can stay at a range away from people so that the AoE that hit's the ground doesn't hit the melee, and they can have a ton of HP's.

Any class can do it though, but as Gigas said, It could be done, just not a good idea.

Deleted

One small tip for Leo.
    You can use a warrior with FR on his demon form. We're doing it for a long time since no Lock is willing to specc demo. Just ask warrior to stand 1 step back, and all melee behind Leo. His fire blast attack has much much smaller range than its graphic.
    Regards

If any mage pulls it off Id love to see a vid of it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Neszwa
    we do leotheras without a demo specced wl. u just need enough hp and fr. threat shouldnt be a problem when the dps groups are buffed with blessing of salvation and antiaggrototems.
    Blessing of Salvation and Tranquil Air Totem don't stack, by the way.

It would be extremely hard. A warlocks increased HP base/SL/increased resistance/amazing threat generation makes them perfect and you'd have to go above and beyond to such an incredible extent you would completely gimp your spell damage and thus aggro generation. I tank Leotheras ATM and even in the normal 1 minute demon forms it can get dodgy with my HP where I typically take 10k hits at the end, that would translate into you taking 12k hits however I have taken 12.7k hits and even 14k hits before which would mean you'd take 15.24k and 16.8k respectively and I'm just talking about the normal demon phases. The beauty about warlocks is that they can increase their HP pool to such an extent that with NM seed + fire protection potion (which you'd have to automatically chug at the last 10 seconds of each demo. form) I can eat w.e the equivilent hit is after 21k ( my HP in FR gear is 16.2k) which not only makes it alot easier on healers not having to sit their pre-casting and jumping like maniacs at the beggining when want to be focusing on healing people in demons I can say if I get a 5k, 6.3k hit in a row and easily survive long enough for them to top me off.
    Then in terms of threat generation you'd also be serverely gimped, you'd need an extra 70 FR than a warlock gimping at least two pieces of damage gear and probably losing a good 100 spell damage/other stats then have to compensate you low HP with stamina gear meaning you'd end up with well.. if you wanted to breach the 14k hp mark, no spell damage whatsoever.
    Then still after that you'd have no CoD no searing pain, people would have to watch their threat SO much in the demon form you wouldn't get him down, you'd also have no spell hit meaning you'd hardly ever hit him and even when you did it would be for a pathetic amount. By all means try it, but it is going to give you ALOT of headaches but if you are going for it, make sure you're always soul-stoned, you get above 14k HP (inc. commanding shout, imp buff, stamina food, fortification flask, ect..) then try not to gimp your spell damage be ready to have a nightmare seed and major fire protection potion ready for the end of the demon phase and make sure you're always shielded when you loose weakened soul.
    If you really can't find a warlock, make it a warrior and just take as few melee as possible, test out the hit boxes and where people can stand and if you do try it after my explanation, I must say, you've got balls .

Good Luck

Just tell your MT to get Fire resistgear and it's ez-mode. A warrior is way easier to keep up coz of Last Stand/Shield Wall, especially the last 15% it helps a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by TauRenaZ
    Just tell your MT to get Fire resistgear and it's ez-mode. A warrior is way easier to keep up coz of Last Stand/Shield Wall, especially the last 15% it helps a LOT.
    If you did that, melee DPS wouldn't be able to attack him and you would lose a lot of overall damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Solum
    If you did that, melee DPS wouldn't be able to attack him and you would lose a lot of overall damage.
    Ehm, no. They can stand at the back without taking damage, i don't know where your melee dps use to stand(in front?)

We do leo with ms warrior with wf

Yes, they do.

They do stack. Just not in the way many people think. It's a multiplier on your damage so it goes:

Damage * .7 (Salv) * .8 (TA) = Threat

You wind up with a 44% (1 - .7*.8=.44) threat reduction with Salv and TA stacked. Class based threat reductions also work in the same way.