Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Why is there no PVP Protection Gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakavÿand
    Don't say Tank suxx in Arena when you haven't seen a real warrior Prot beat your face with S2/PvE + shield.

All guys who fight in arena against a Protect seems to be like a simple mob, just with an A.I. more important hahaha.

Personnally i'm prot and Arena doesn't affraid me, we win like other teams and we loose, so just one thing Bli² can do on Prot war pvp, just Upgrade our damages on PvP. 8) don't look our white damage just look our PVs and taste all of others tech stunt fear, mute...so you thing against player with 400-500 resi your pyro crit more ? no so tank in 3 or 5 team is often focused first because all can think is useless fight him, he die quickly, you're wrong again, useless you thing so DPS class behind tank know if prot stay up they can beat you again and again and if you want to say our damages suxx focus caster so don't forget the war hit you behind stunt fear...he can kill you too.

Test arena team with a real protect who knows how tank all your enemies, and you see is not useless as you want to think

We must fight them all says prot is useless in Arena, common we show you how we can fight with our shield ;D
    WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO MAKE PROT WAR REALIZED THEY SPECCED IN A PVE TREE NOT PVP ALL THE CC THEY HAVE IS TO GIVE THEM MORE SURVABILITY IN PVE AND NOTHING ELSE IN ARENA A 3 SECOND STUN = NOTHING AND DONT FORGET IT SHARE DIMINISHING RETURN WITH INTERCEPT.

MAN

the only pve spec viable in pvp is resto druid/shaman, holy paladin and when i say viable i mean MADE FOR PVP as much as for PVE!

first of all if i see a prot warrior in arena all my team laugh then we keep him for last sicne no focus fire on him give no rage and he cant do shit with is putty 1 handed

and the reason of you posting in this thread than is.....?

Please excuse my bad english, it is not my main language.

Quote Originally Posted by leberle
    and the reason of you posting in this thread than is.....?

to try to point the fact prot is the worst spec for pvp purpose and why should blizzard waste his time for a gear than only 3 person by server might wear....

that gear wouldnt have any defense first and only block value... that seem stupid

its like i suggest that blizzard do a set of gear for ret pally.... oh wait :P

seriously why dont you just do like everyone and respect pvp for the week-end whats so hard about that ?

well, don't ask me, i don't do pve. i am purely prot specced for pvping.

well, don't ask me, i don't do pve. i am purely prot specced for pvping.

.... your kidding ????

seriously.... after getting killed by every class in bg you never wanted to switch....

i am seriouse i'm playing like that for... 3 months now, and i love it. And i don't get killed by every class in 1 on 1, only shadowpriests and icemages are nearly unbeatable. And fully healing specced fights take extremely long.
    But that's it, what's left is fun playing.

EDIT:
    ah sorry, nearly forgott it:

i hope that is good enough.

i am seriouse i'm playing like that for... 3 months now, and i love it. And i don't get killed by every class in 1 on 1, only shadowpriests and icemages are nearly unbeatable. And fully healing specced fights take extremely long.
    But that's it, what's left is fun playing.

EDIT:
    ah sorry, nearly forgott it:

http://www.leberschnitzel.de/pics/critblock.jpg

i hope that is good enough.
    man you got low block value

Quote Originally Posted by Stenhord
    man you got low block value
    that's my pvp gear sadly there is not much blockvalue on pvp gear ^^

isn't that what the thread is about? ^^

that's my pvp gear sadly there is not much blockvalue on pvp gear ^^

isn't that what the thread is about? ^^
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mrage&n=Sureas

im sorry but that guy just cant kill shit in pvp with his gear/spec hes a cc rogue not a dps

anyway what i point at is you can pvp, arena but you will never succed even if you had a gear specified for you

you will nevr break 1650-1700 rating

Quote Originally Posted by Rambobarbq
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mrage&n=Sureas

im sorry but that guy just cant kill shit in pvp with his gear/spec hes a cc rogue not a dps

anyway what i point at is you can pvp, arena but you will never succed even if you had a gear specified for you

you will nevr break 1650-1700 rating
    stupid you, this was the first rogue i meet to do the "I CAN BLOCK CRITS" screenshot -.- wasn't meant for anythign else....

If you whant people i fought against and that think that i am impressive for how bad my gear is, ask them:

Warrior
    Ice Mage
    EleSchamy
    Warlock
    Paladin Quote: "Nerf you!" ^^

Just for my information:
    is there even anyone thinking "Wow, that leberle talks a lot of shit, but he doesn't seem to care... i should proove him on the testrealm, how crap his spec is and that he can never beat anything!"?

Or does anyone think
    "Hey, that sounds interesting, but i can't realy think of how this should be played, i gona have a look how he does it on the testralm and than decide if it is crap or if it is interesting."?

lol i just can't believe that some of you guys think that protection is viable for pvp...... ???
    grab a bucket full of water, tip it over yourself and knock some sense back into yourself yeah?
    every time i see a prot warrior on any of my lvl 70s in a battleground (especially in arena once xD) i just lol.

i saw someone in the first post say shield *slam can crit 3.9k, well you forgot to put armour into the equation, as a mage i can reduce melee damage by ~15% without ice armour, so that's down to 1659 hit, ~3.4k crit anyway, then resilience lowers crit by 20% which makes ~2.7k crit, which is nothing compared to the amount of endless hits and crits an arms/fury warrior does, you wouldnt even be able to break through my ice barrier with shield bash :/ and anyway despite all that, i still don't believe shield bash can crit 3.9k unless you have a huge amount of block value.
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

It's shield SLAM btw, shield BASH silences you.

Shieldslam doesn't only hit that hard, it also dispells your icebarrier with a 50% chance before the damage is calculated.

ah, nice times where enrage + deathwish stacked. And that was in that time just with Kara + Grul + Some SSC Gear. My Posted gear doesn't hit that hard since it also focuses on crit and survivability, that's why such crits won't happen and would be a bit too overpowered. Just take 50% down from that damage and you got a Possible shieldslam crit on a not to heavy resilienced cloth wearer.

But as Icemage you are right, yo uare nearly unbeatable for prot warriors.

EDIT:
    Oh, and for the notes: that pic is not me.

EDIT2:
    and if you whant to see a nice Prot PVP movie, try http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=40096 . He plays different than i would (i am a great fan of my tooling in arenas, he relys more on his damage), but it is nice to whatch it.

I really support you leberle!!!
    As a passionate DefTank I'm forced to spec MS to do PvP (the only interesting thing you can do beside raiding) but there really isn't any gear which supports our favored spec and strength atm.

But imho Prot Tree needs a restyle as well. Give us something to spec like +Resistance per 1000 Armor, giving us more survivability against caster damage. Give us skills which channels damage done to the whole group to us. Comparable to Warlocks soullink. This would force the focus of Damage Dealers to us as a primary target. Give us skills which let us do more damage the more damage we take.

But all in all current Prot tree isn't suitable for PvP in my eyes. But I would love to see more options/skills/gear which would make it a considerable PvP spec.

**********, tank spec is for PvE. if there were no PvE there wouldn't be ANY warrior speccing for it!
    Don't QQ about getting PvP skills if you're specced PvE.
    i'm a druid and you don't hear me QQing about getting way more mana regen do you?
    I'm full merciless and my mana regen is as low as can be... but I started to live with it... and now... it's your turn!

Edit (Boubouille) : You don't have to insult other people

Quote Originally Posted by avenger
    Fucking morons, tank spec is for PvE. if there were no PvE there wouldn't be ANY warrior speccing for it!
    Don't QQ about getting PvP skills if you're specced PvE.
    i'm a druid and you don't hear me QQing about getting way more mana regen do you?
    I'm full merciless and my mana regen is as low as can be... but I started to live with it... and now... it's your turn!
    I'm not fucking morons, so if you need sexual relief, you have to ask someone else, sorry.

And like i said before: I don't do PVE at all, and i am Prot specced. Only for PVP.
    I am not QQing about pvp SKILLS, i am QQing about PVP GEAR.
    I don't whant way more stats on a different gear, i whant different stats on way more gear.

If you think prot is awesomely bad for pvp, than keep on thinking like that, but that doesn't explain why there shouldn't be gear that at least favours a spec that is already bad in pvp in your opinion.

the grammar on these things is just disgustingly disturbing.
    I personally think its bulshit that other classes get gear for every spec, while us mages r stuck with 1 set.

A good PROT warrior + Resto druid.
    I wonder how far that'd get in 2v2. Pure endurance.
    Granted that it'll take....half an hour to win a battle, I still think it would do decently.

PVP prot vs PVE prot. If there was a PVP prot set, all the PVE-crazed warriors would QQ until no end and bitch about how PvP upsets the balance of the game.

just found a forum post where someone goes into a simmillar direction, but he makes the best out of the gear he gets from arena and uses bloodthirst insted of shieldslam.

Some realy nice movies

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....52955555&sid=1

it also dispells your icebarrier with a 50% chance
    it dispels any magic effect, in 2v2 arena i have frost ward, fire shield, dampen magic, molten armor, arc int, invis detec, underwater breathing and ice barrier, imo that's a poor chance that it will dispel ice barrier with its 50% chance to dispel one effect
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

PVP prot vs PVE prot. If there was a PVP prot set, all the PVE-crazed warriors would QQ until no end and bitch about how PvP upsets the balance of the game.
    It already does enough, but a PvP Prot Set, as long as its just high on stam/resillience/Resistances and less on Defensive Skill, I see no problem with.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.