Need advice 5vs5 combo

okey we have one spot left in our 5vs5 we have:

Healing priest
    resto Druid
    SL/SL warlock
    Mutilate rogue

These are all IRL of mine and very good at pvp so what is your opinion? IMO the last spot should go to a Warrior or a Hunter but maybe got wrong makes some statsment why?

thanks mates

Re: Need advice 5vs5 combo

mage or EShammy might be good choice for the extra CC/Burst. If you dont have a Pally, then no Warrior, cuz hes going to be CCed/kited with ease. Hunter might work if you want to play the mana drain game.

Quote Originally Posted by krash
    mage or EShammy might be good choice for the extra CC/Burst. If you dont have a Pally, then no Warrior, cuz hes going to be CCed/kited with ease. Hunter might work if you want to play the mana drain game.
    i heard that the "mana drain combo" is very good ! but does the warlock only spam drain mana too ?

i honestly wouldnt know, having never played a drain team. :-X

Secretive

Hm, no Paladin at all... Well, I would advocate for a WELL GEARED and NOT RETARDED Hunter for that 5th spot. An Elemental Shaman is a nice choice for a team with a Paladin for BoP, but without a BoP to protect him, he'll be dead swiftly. A Hunter is a little more hardy, particularly Beast Mastery hunters. Of course, the Marks/Surv hybrid with Improved Stings is realllly nice for mana drain games.

The Warlock doesn't just spam Drain Mana... On any team, at any time. Tunnel vision for ANY class is bad, much like a Priest doesn't just spam Mana Burn all the time. The Warlock would want to Drain Mana on a healer that is currently spamming heals on the FF assisted target, to further reduce his healing capability. It'll create a major "oh $h!t" situation facing Viper Sting, priest w/ imp mana burn and warlock w/ drain mana for any healer. Drain teams are NASTY but they have to played almost defensively, as rushing on the offensive will get your mostly fragile healers killed.

Your weakness will be 4 DPS 1 Healer teams. You will be destroyed due to your lack of a Paladin. But, against other 3D2H teams your combination is strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwen
    okey we have one spot left in our 5vs5 we have:

Healing priest
    resto Druid
    SL/SL warlock
    Mutilate rogue

These are all IRL of mine and very good at pvp so what is your opinion? IMO the last spot should go to a Warrior or a Hunter but maybe got wrong makes some statsment why?

thanks mates
    1) What kind of rating are you trying to achieve.

As someone mentioned earlier you are a survival team, 3 dps 2 healers. You need some really good burst dps if you plan on seeing above 1800+ 5v5 brackets. E shaman or PomF mage might work. Most successful teams w/ 2k ratings for 5v5 are 4d1 heal teams. I'm sure there are teams that are 2 healers but they are more rare.

My advice is have the priest go 28/33/0 or 20/0/41

Secretive

Yeah, let's have that Priest go 20/0/41 so the Resto Druid is the only healer on the team?

This would work if OP picked up a Paladin, but that didn't seem to be within his realm of possibility.

Any spec for a Mage besides 17/0/44 and 0/7/54 (I think that's it?) is unacceptable. I'd laugh a POM Pyro Mage right off any one of my Arena teams. Easy to heal through that damage once the teams you're facing have 400 resilience and 11,000 unbuffed health.

I haven't died to a Pyroblast since the beginning of Season 1. Neither has anyone on any of my teams.

thanks for all replys ! i think i will go on hunter.

i don't know the goal on 5vs5 actully :/ around 1700-1800 maybe iam not aiming "sky high"

would the rogue position be to focus the mage(if the other team have a mage) or something ? (if we choose a hunter)

Secretive

I always love killing ice Mages. No team ever suspects it and by the time they can react with CC, their beloved Mage, with his ice Block mass dispelled by your Priest, is now deep six'd and its 5 on 4.

Lots of mistakes that teams make is letting a frostie go unchecked with neither CC nor death on the Mage. Mages, even as a Frost spec, can do a TON of damage if left to cast (Frostbolt to IceLance shatter combos + Fireblast and then Impact can proc if they are the 0/X/XX spec) plus their elemental is blasting away also until your very busy Warlock can Banish it.

The trick will be for the Rogue to go in unseen and open with Garrote on the Mage and immediately use CLoS. Now you hope to panic the Mage into Ice Blocking which will be followed swiftly by your Priest's mass Dispell. The healer on a 1H team will be easily CC'd for 5-10 seconds by your team with Deathcoil, Fear, Psychic Scream and Polymorph chained together so your Rogue, with help from DoT (And the Priest can't forget SW:P now!), will obliterate the Mage.

This is textbook in my mind's eye, of course, and probably would not play out like that all the time, but ideally, I like seeing frosties dead in the first 10 seconds of a 5v5.