Thread: New PTR Build

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New PTR Build

Druids

Hunters
    • There is now a Mortal Strike effect (Healing done on the target reduced by 50%, Duration 10 seconds) on Aimed Shot. This is a physical effect.
    • The min range to shot has been reduced from 8 yards to 4 yards. The "dead zone" is now pretty much removed.

Paladins
    • [spell=31879] now increase the critical strike change of all judgements capable of a critical hit by 3% and reduces threat caused by all actions by 6%. (For each level)
    • [spell=20193] now increase both melee and spell hit %.

Rogues
    • [spell=18429] now also applies to Backstab.
    • [spell=36554] range changed to 8-25 yards. The 20% damage bonus now applies to any ability.
    • [spell=26864] changed from +10 to +36 damage, max charges has been reduced to 10, duration remains the same. (15 seconds)

Warriors
    • [spell=20505] provides 2% dodge reduction at rank 2 instead of the 4 promised a few days ago.

Engineering
    New models available for some random items (paper toys and a rocket chicken, new icon for flying mounts and hula doll), the flying mount model has been updated to reflect the difference between the epic and normal version of the mount. (Note that the rotor is still here in game for both mounts, it's just a bug from wowmodelviewer)

Items
    • [item=33744] Shadow Word: Death bonus has been removed. It's been replaced by "Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Scream ability by 3 sec."
    • [item=34113] now has 5 charges per item.

Arena Season 3 Weapons
    The following items got their models changed :
    Vengeful Gladiator's Bonegrinder
    Vengeful Gladiator's Decapitator
    Vengeful Gladiator's Gavel
    Vengeful Gladiator's Mutilator
    Vengeful Gladiator's Salvation
    Vengeful Gladiator's Shanker
    Vengeful Gladiator's Shiv
    Vengeful Gladiator's Staff
    Vengeful Gladiator's Waraxe

Guild banks
    Guild banks are available in most capital cities (including Scryers and Aldor banks) ! Each tab can contain 98 items and you can purchase up to 6 of them.
    1st tab : 1 gold
    2nd tab : 10 gold
    3rd tab : 100 gold
    4th tab : 1 000 gold
    5th tab : 5 000 gold
    6th tab : 10 000 gold

Everything is updated in real time (you might have to wait a few seconds to update settings). One interesting feature undocumented in the patch notes is a permission allowing people to take only X stacks from a tab per day.

Sunwell Plateau Loot !
    OMG ! First preview ever ! (Feel like a trap doesn't it ?)

Re: New PTR Build

WOOT FIRST SUNWELL LOOT OMGBOUISHAX0RZ!!!!

One word to Blizzard of the hunter changes.

Burn.

The new maces skin is so ugly ... :-\

10,000G are you F$@!@#$ kinding me. It would be cheaper just to make mulitple characters and use the free slots rather than pay 10k for a tab.

If your guild has 100 members, that's 100g/member. If your guild doesn't have 100 members, you don't need 600 slots do you ?

It's also a 300 slot bank for 111 gold ^^

I personally wanted to use the guild bank as a larger repository of items I've collected and want to save till needed. I know that's not what it's for but I guess they are making sure if you do use it like that it'll cost you.

And still I can make ten 18slot bags and use an alternate character and have 180 slots rather than 98 and not have to worry about gathering up gold from guildies. It's just a ridiculous cost for such a small amount of space when there are other ways to do the same thing. I was expecting more out of it.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah ten 18 slot bags, for the cost of 111g, the same price it is for 3xtabs or 294 slots.

I would think that after you buy the 3rd tab the amount of slots would be increased for the amount of gold you are paying for. It is still cheaper to us alts rather than pay 16,111G for 588 slots.

yay for hunter changes

I'm getting more and more greatful with every PTR build that I started a hunter.

Nice Hunter changes, but still 3.5 Secs Cast time for Aimed? In Arena u don't have this time, just decrease the extra damage AND decrease the Cast time. With 3.5 Secs the Aimed is nearly as useless as it is on the Live Servers. :-\
    Gilneas EU - Germany, so I don't have to be perfect in English ;D

also another change: weapon mastery got changed to -2 dodge instead of the said -4 dodge:

Please excuse my bad english, it is not my main language.

Deleted

Blind has now 15 yarde range (10 on live).

Quote Originally Posted by meadow
    Nice Hunter changes, but still 3.5 Secs Cast time for Aimed? In Arena u don't have this time, just decrease the extra damage AND decrease the Cast time. With 3.5 Secs the Aimed is nearly as useless as it is on the Live Servers. :-\
    Imho they will never make the MS shot to be as good as the warrior MS or it would render the latter far less important. Hunters are a ranged class so 3.5 cast on a long distance skill is not *that* bad. And further it can be speeded up through abilities and haste. Asking for a low timecast (or even instant) is a bit similar to mages asking invisibility to be on par with vanish....

Also read on the official forums that the hunter melee range had been reduced to 3y (so a 3-4y 1 yard long DZ). And - something I really doubt - some reported that all melee had been affected by this (we can imagine the whinefeast).

Quote Originally Posted by leberle
    also another change: weapon mastery got changed to -2 dodge instead of the said -4 dodge:

sweeping strikes and death wish swap position as well? cause i couldn't find it on PTR patch note

Quote Originally Posted by wuhihi
    sweeping strikes and death wish swap position as well? cause i couldn't find it on PTR patch note
    the swaps are still there, yes. so SS=Fury, WM=Fury, DW=Arms, Imp.Intercept=Arms.
    Please excuse my bad english, it is not my main language.

Unchain specials from auto and remove freaking ammo and then MAYBE (as idiotic mana bar and no pet sacrafice/phaseshift is still there) some more experienced players will roll that not-fun-to-play-after-tbc-because-of-steady-shot class.

flammable

The cost of each tab is rediculous, really.... How can they expect people to pay 100g+ for a bank slot? That really is the stupidest thing I have seen yet in this game.