Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Arena 3 Set Bonuses Accross Multiple Sets?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    That's not the arena set.....

They don't get any set bonuses. We were talking about the arena set bonuses on the arena gear. Not the general's/veteran's/vindicator's gear.

Warlocks get two different sets of their Season 1 and Season 2 arena gear: Felweave and Dreadweave.

Dreadweave doesn't have any spell crit, so it gets compensated with more stamina and intellect.

Felweave has spell crit, therefore has less stam and int.

Mages only get one set of arena gear: Gladiator Regalia.

So Warlocks can get 3 pieces of Felweave and 2 pieces of Dread, and get +70 resilience bonus, whereas Mages can only get 5 pieces of Gladiator and get +35 resilience bonus.

That's the problem. Unless I'm wrong somewhere, and the Warlock set bonuses don't stack.
    Locks are OP even after the changes they need huge nerf.

15+ Year Old Account

They don't get any set bonuses. We were talking about the arena set bonuses on the arena gear. Not the general's/veteran's/vindicator's gear.

Warlocks get two different sets of their Season 1 and Season 2 arena gear: Felweave and Dreadweave.

Dreadweave doesn't have any spell crit, so it gets compensated with more stamina and intellect.

Felweave has spell crit, therefore has less stam and int.

Mages only get one set of arena gear: Gladiator Regalia.

So Warlocks can get 3 pieces of Felweave and 2 pieces of Dread, and get +70 resilience bonus, whereas Mages can only get 5 pieces of Gladiator and get +35 resilience bonus.

That's the problem. Unless I'm wrong somewhere, and the Warlock set bonuses don't stack.
    the reason why warloks have 2 sets is, becauser there are dotlocks and destro locks
    Dot-lock: more spell dmg/stats need, no crit need, because he is only doting
    Destro-lock:need a lot of krit,/not so much stats/spell dmg, because he is only casting

mage: spell dmg, because he has a lot of talents , they increases dmg, krit, etc

and, mages can also geht +70 resi. u only have to wear 3 A3 und A2 set items ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I defend Sylvanas because I believe humanity is a waste, in game and IRL. A human life is NOT more important than that of a cat or dog or bird. It just isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by anubra
    the reason why warloks have 2 sets is, becauser there are dotlocks and destro locks
    Dot-lock: more spell dmg/stats need, no crit need, because he is only doting
    Destro-lock:need a lot of krit,/not so much stats/spell dmg, because he is only casting

mage: spell dmg, because he has a lot of talents , they increases dmg, krit, etc

and, mages can also geht +70 resi. u only have to wear 3 A3 und A2 set items ...
    Some people just dont get it, you dont read patch notes? After S3 is introduced they merge set bonuses, so no one will be able to get 2 x 35 res. bonus.

Besides, is there any destro locks? Hardly.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Racia
    Some people just dont get it, you dont read patch notes? After S3 is introduced they merge set bonuses, so no one will be able to get 2 x 35 res. bonus.

Besides, is there any destro locks? Hardly.
    i play a destro lock, and im happy about it, i love it to wight against dotloks/fire mages, easy to kill
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I defend Sylvanas because I believe humanity is a waste, in game and IRL. A human life is NOT more important than that of a cat or dog or bird. It just isn't.

I am a mage. I said honor gear. I said I WOULD wear crit set if we had one.

Look up a few posts, I tested this on a pally. Two different type of sets for one class do stack the 2 sets.

That's ONLY if you have two sets. A Mage can only get one 35 resilience bonus.

Frankly I know for certain that I'd wear 3x crit/2x noncrit pieces for the +35 resilience bonus. The Mage 4 piece bonus is shit. They tried changing it, because it's clearly horrible, then found out they had no clue at all by replacing it with an even worse one, then changing it back to the previous horrible one. Further proof Blizzard doesn't know how to play a Mage.

Also, frankly with resilience the way it is I would never stack Crit on my gear, I'll stack +9 damage gems, but not Crit ones. I get my Crits from Shatter. I would gladly take the extra intellect and stamina, and in some cases damage even for the removal of Crit.

On the other hand, if I was Fire I would need the Crit. As Fire is very Crit based, Frost is not, it gets the Crits from Shatter.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    I am a mage. I said honor gear. I said I WOULD wear crit set if we had one.
    Oh I see. Well I personally would be happy to drop the +crit for more stamina and intellect.

The majority of a frost mage's criticals are from shatter anyway, I'd rather live longer and pump out more spells.

Quote Originally Posted by anubra
    i play a destro lock, and im happy about it, i love it to wight against dotloks/fire mages, easy to kill
    Too bad it has nothing to do with skill on your part and everything to do with a talent proc that makes you immune to their damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet
    Too bad it has nothing to do with skill on your part and everything to do with a talent proc that makes you immune to their damage.
    Too bad dotskill has nothing to do with skill on their part. In fact, I played my friend's SL/SL lock the other day after having him explain to me where the buttons were and what order I should press them in. I went into a BG and did the following: TAB 1(Agony) 2(Corruption) 3(Siphon) TAB 1 2 3 TAB 1 2 3 TAB 1 2 3 TAB 1 2 3 .... 4 (Drain Life)... 4 4 4 TAB 1 2 3 ... etc
    Didn't have to move the entire time. In fact, I could do that with my monitor turned off as long as I was near a bunch of enemies. Every BG I came out either top damage or in the top few.
    I was thinking I should try binding the entire keyboard to macros for dots and drain life and just roll my face across it.

Either way, he never mentioned him being skilled when fighting dotlocks, just said it was easy, which due to the proc really is. On the other hand, he probably gets a new one ripped every time he fights melee classes. In turn, dotlocks (SL/SL) have little problem with warriors. It's rock paper scissors.

Back to the topic: I love that set bonuses carry over now, I can gradually get all my S3 gear instead of having to buy 4 pieces at the same time. I play a warrior and losing the 4-piece set bonus (-5sec off Intercept CD) is painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Locks are OP even after the changes they need huge nerf.
    They are nerfing the WLs since the last 3-4 patches. What do you want more. Currently I have only 2x-3x more damage than the next player in Alterac. Do you want me to set on the same level as Hunters/Mages/Priests...?!? Pfff.

Nah, seriously. With the MS effect it's now significantly harder to fight melee classes. Warriors are starting to get on my nerves, and that while all Rogues are pissing me off too. And we shouldn't forget the funny BM Hunters.

Right now Blizzard achieved the most balanced situation since the game came out. That's my opinion.
    Only Frostmages are a little bit overpowered in my eyes. The Pet + the reset is a bit too much fun for them.