Thread: Hemo normalized

Hemo normalized

Can someone tell me how Hemo normalizion works?

Lets say if it normalizes to 2.6

Can you also take an Dagger with 1.8 spd and 97dps for hemo, or am i misunderstanding how this works?

Could someone explain me this?

Re: Hemo normalized

You still would not want to use daggers with hemo.

How normalization works is that it picks a fixed, or "normalized" speed modifier for the attack power calculations of the ability. Previously, the attack power bonus of hemo worked like the following:

Assume 1400 AP, and 2.6 speed weapon:

(1400 / 14) * 2.6 = 260

So you would receive an additional 260 damage on your attacks from attack power. Now if you had a 2.8 speed weapon:

(1400 / 14) * 2.8 = 280

So, slower weapons with the same damage range were always better because they received more bonus damage from attack power, if you were using a dagger:

(1400 / 14) * 1.8 = 180

You wouldn't receive nearly as much damage. With normalization, all dagger instants are fixed at 1.7 speed, so no matter what dagger you use, you will always receive:

(1400 / 14) * 1.7 = 170

This is actually a nerf compared to previously using a 1.8 speed dagger. It is also a nerf compared to previously using weapons slower than 2.4 speed, as now the bonus would be:

(1400 / 14) * 2.4 = 240.

Thats how normalization works.

Ok...then another Question...

i'm able to get the S1 weapons in 2.3 ... should i pick the swords for Raid Combat Sword/hemo or the Maces for PvP Combat/Hemo ?

Depends if you want to PVP... or PVE. Sword > Mace for PVE, but Mace > Sword for PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by devilwarrior
    Depends if you want to PVP... or PVE. Sword > Mace for PVE, but Mace > Sword for PVP.
    Just to clarify for people who might not understand why for one reason or another.

Swords > Maces in PvE because an extra swing (that is dealt with the MH btw) beats a stun on trash and 5% increased critical strike damage.

And Maces > Swords in PvP because an extra stun owns an extra swing with a sword because it can be devastating to a crucial heal or keeping someone in place who's trying to take out your teammate and it always brings extra control (and now with the 5% increased critical strike dmg it is even better)

If you do both PvE and PvP I'd say go with Maces because the new 5% increased crit dmg lowered the difference between maces and swords in effectiveness in PvE, and only gimped swords more in PvP.

I chose fist-weapons in S2 because "I like fisting people kekekekeke, and it shows up on your character stats!".... stupid choice.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

ok thanks for the answer, i gonna take Swords cause of the extra hit