Poll: What do you think of the New AV?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: New AV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: New AV

I ain't setting my alliance foot inside AV in Nightfall battlegroup ever again. Done 17 AVs, lost 200-0 as the best result..
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Clausm
    now the alliance needs balance on WSG/AB/EOS)
    WSG/AB/EOS well these are already balanced, the alliance just sucks at PvP. Prior to 2.3 the alliance had the unbalanced AV as source for honor to make up for how much they suck in equal BGs.

The side effect for the horde was that the alliance played (and 99% lost) WS/AB/EOS because alliance waiting que for AV was easily 45 minutes and more and thus they lost a few other BGs to get the loser reward + simply filling the time waiting for AV.

So if alliance now starts to lose AV just like the other BGs, the reason to play any BG at all is no longer there.

In the long run this could very well suck for the horde as much as for the alliance, because even the horde can not win a BG that is never opening because the alliance no longer shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwickel
    Someone tell me why alliance have handicaps in WSG/AB/EOS. ???
    The handicap is "being the alliance" ;D

95% of all alliance players do not enter a WSG/AB/EOS with the goal of winning the match. 95% have lost all hope in ever winning a WSG/AB/EOS and used to only enter these BGs because alliance has a 45 minutes que to enter AV and thus losing 2-3 WSG/AB/EOS while waiting for AV was better than simply doing nothing while waiting for AV

this is one thing, the other is, the Horde has better PVP-abilities (Im playing for the both sides), like war-stomp, UD and BE racial abilities etc. and it is not too unimportant in PVP.
    No, they're racials aren't the reason. Alliance simply has no teamwork and doesn't want any teamword (because they're just there to kill time while waiting for the next AV).

Now that AV is no longer the honor source and the other BGs are just to shorten the time until the next AV starts, the alliance may rethink their goals for WSG/AB/EOS and start to at least earnestly try to win a match -> or they just despair and withdraw completly from all BGs

Wow, I haven't heard many things either so blatently cocky, or blatently stupid.

1) AB, EoS, and WSG I recieve about a 50/50 success ratio as an alliance player in Bloodlust battlegroup, Horde is not this grossly uberskilled player class that works together while alliance doesn't. The only difference I have ever noticed is that horde seems to have more healers than alliance which gives a pretty nice edge.

2) Horde WAS TRYING to win AV pre-2.3 and was about 30% of the time. The new difference is that horde has a reason to keep their towers now and has a reason to abuse the chokepoint at IB. Prior they wanted alliance to take IB to prevent the turtling and long match from rezing at the cave and having to fight at an alliance chokepoint. Now they recieve enough bonus honor from keeping those points that they use the chokepoint at IB with IB tower archers to hold alliance from progressing at all.

3) If alliance wants to win they don't have a chokepoint before SH so they have to take a defensive position at SH with 90% of their force while rogues and druids stealth cap IB (not necessarily taking it but assaulting it prevents them from rezing there), when capped alliance charges leaving a 10 man defense at SH and alliance has succesfully prevented having to fight in the chokepoint and it now becomes a chokepoint that they can use against horde, assuming they can defend it long enough to take it.

4) All in all, horde is going to quickly realize that having to fight alliance for sometimes 20-40 minutes at the bridge to try to win instead of just allowing both sides to rush through again yields less honor over time than allowing both sides to progress to the towers.

5) I will give it that alliance doesn't follow orders well, but neither does horde. The difference comes from (as stated in my previous post on the matter) Alliance has to deal with 20-30% more players than horde and thus just like a guild with 100 members as opposed to 80, it's more difficult.

It sucks! Horde actually stood a chance with the anti-afk debuff. Now, horde can't win 1 without losing 10 in my battlegroup. (Nightfall)

In Bloodlust alliance have a fairly good success rate in AB/WSG/EoTS but I'm still yet to win an AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Mth
    I ain't setting my alliance foot inside AV in Nightfall battlegroup ever again. Done 17 AVs, lost 200-0 as the best result..
    You're kidding me right? Because it's the other way around from my experience. It's kind of weird.

sucks - not got a chance for a proper AV once since the patch, everyone is just concentating defence now, its really boring, no 15 - 20 min games anymore, the game only ends when someones resources gets to 0
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

I'm Alliance and I think "It's Ok".

I have to say I like the pre-2.3 AV better because we won a lot more and received double the honor we do now. Don't confuse me with the other Alliance fools who will cry bloody murder and cry it's not fair (I'm a different kind of fool), but at least the Horde can stop crying about AV not being fair. I knew it wasn't fair (man I love that bridge!) but it was the only BG that Alliance could win consistently vs AB/WSG which is 90%+ Horde dominated. AV weekend used to mean "Alliance's chance to catch up on all the honor points they would have received the other honor weekends if we could only win AB and WSG."

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    sucks - not got a chance for a proper AV once since the patch, everyone is just concentating defence now, its really boring, no 15 - 20 min games anymore, the game only ends when someones resources gets to 0
    Err.. this is really strange to me 'cause my every AV this weekend was 15min - 20min, only one or two was 30min. Win/lose ratio was 1.50 also.

The new AV is just fun to play, I dont get bored and quick honor. Like saturday I played about 12k honor without getting the biggest boredoms like I had in AV before the patch. I really enjoy AV much much more now.

Guys, Im playing on EU-Realms, we have exactly the same situation in here, the Alliance losing their BG's 95% of time (the only one chance was AV before 2.3). And this is not only the "great" teamwork of the Horde. Yes, we can say, there are more kids playing for the Alliance, l2p and so on, but one is clear: the Horde is simply better for PvP and there is no balance between both sides.

Guys, Im playing on EU-Realms, we have exactly the same situation in here, the Alliance losing their BG's 95% of time (the only one chance was AV before 2.3). And this is not only the "great" teamwork of the Horde. Yes, we can say, there are more kids playing for the Alliance, l2p and so on, but one is clear: the Horde is simply better for PvP and there is no balance between both sides.
    Balance I think also has to deal with the battlegroup your in. I have an alliance hunter and we couldn't win any BG. I also have a horde mage and alliance wins alot compared to my hunter's experience. Both on different battlegroups.

I am on an EU Realm too.

Maybe the situation is really differen on US Realms, but on EU Realms (I am in the Blutdurst battle group) you could spend an entire weekend playing WS/AB/EOS (at their respectively BG-weekend nonetheless) without winning even a single BG!

but one is clear: the Horde is simply better for PvP and there is no balance between both sides.
    However I still disagree with this statement. Horde players play better PvP, that's the secret. No super-PvP-racials, just players who play better PvP.

Alliance players have no real interest to play any real PvP in WS/AB/EOS, even it it's AB-weekend, the alliance players only go to AB to kill the time they have to spend in the 45 min AV-queue.

Alliance healers won't heal, most of the time not even themselves (why bother? If I die I can just respawn with 100% health/mana). Alliance players will happily continue bashing the rogue instead of attacking his healer 30 feet left of him (why bother? I am only hear to kill time until AV starts anyway. No, I am too lazy to walk the 30 feet to attack his healer, I just keep whacking him and hope that I kill him eve while he's being healed. If not, I just respawn with 100% health/mana anyway)

And you know what? I was/am one of these lazy alliance players. I don't remember when it happened, but at one point I too simply stopped caring about AB/EOS/WS. I too do no longer bother to attack the priest wenn the warrior he's healing is right next to me and thus I can save me the short walk by just fustily whacking the warrior instead stunning the priest. I am only here for my last 17 loser tokkens to complete my 100 tokkens and to kill my waiting time in the AV queue.

Sometimes, rare but happening, I wanted to collect just annother loser tokken and suddenly found myself in a BG where motivated alliance players were relly trying to win the game (and even successfully). You know what? I was #####! Because all I wanted was a quick defeat to get the loser tokken, because I only had 5:37 minutes left in the AV queue. And when this time was up I just left for AV. I didn't even care leaving a WS where the alliance was leading 2:0 and the third capture on the way (but to late for me to still join AV if I would have waited).

Because getting 60 extra honor and 3 instead of 1 tokken wasn't worth losing the AV honor by wasting a 45 minute queue

Yes, I am part of the problem I know. I wasn't always like this, and I am ready to change back to my old goal of actually fighting and winning the BGs I join. But it all depends how many alliance players are ready to change with me.

Quote Originally Posted by SoC
    Yes, I am part of the problem I know. I wasn't always like this, and I am ready to change back to my old goal of actually fighting and winning the BGs I join. But it all depends how many alliance players are ready to change with me.
    I rerolled Horde because of this kind of thing. Alliance on my battlegroup won't even win AV because they think capping towers nets more honor than killing the boss. And they don't even defend the towers...

IMO, get rid of AV and put an entirely new BG in it's place.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

Well capping the towers and keeping yours earn you the most. It was even stated in the patch notes but alot of peeps still go for the rush tactic also caping towers removes a npc at the general for each tower you destroy.

Was playing some funny Bgs last night. of 39 horde 5 was active trying to kill belinda that was about it. was doing like 600+ honor in 10 min games quite pro ^^

I always see people complaining one way or another about winning/losing rations in PvP. I don't get it.

I must say, on Reckoning battlegroup (Nathrezim) it's really very even! There are some days I go without many wins, some days where I win a ton, but mostly it's a 50/50 split. There will be some AVs where no one listens at all and others where everyone works togetehr amazingly well. Again, it's really about 50/50.

I haven't a clue what's wrong with all these other battlegroups. I think everything's pretty much fine! Haha.

Come to Reckoning, dudes. We don't have much to complain about.

i'm alliance on stormstrike, scilla US

i personally don't mind the changes in AV, at least u will never see a 3 hour long AV game ever again.

i'm really surprised about the second post made by a horde saying that they need so much effort to get across to our aid station and to kill our bosses.

1. remember back then about the bug where hordes don't even need to cap a single tower just rush thr everything and pull vann?

2. i don't recall any place like the stormpike gy where u can get sniped from the top of the hill and u'll always see thousands of debuffs once ur rezing from SPGY and u'll not get ur chance to help out on D unless that GY is gone and ur at the aid station

3. hordes if u think alliance are whinning, roll one, play AV, and die before u cap IBGY or even SFGY, and dont' play a class where u can stealth, try go back on offence. and u'll know what we are all talking about. no matter how we position ourselves in IB there's no way we can capture the hordes like u guys forcing us to stay D

ever since i play wow (i've played for a year and a half) my winning rate on WSG/AB/EotS are rougly 20%, AV 70%

with this new AV i win 1 every 7 games.

It sucks if I don't enter a game before the gate opens(alliance) cause I get stuck on D then.

One game I played I came in right as the gate was opening and running from the spawn point to right outside the cave took me just long enough so that as I was riding past stonehearth on my epic with a riding crop the horde were already there (thanks to them having pallies) they cut me off and I spent the whole game on D trying to go O. So horde have no right to whine about the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikzu
    Err.. this is really strange to me 'cause my every AV this weekend was 15min - 20min, only one or two was 30min. Win/lose ratio was 1.50 also.

The new AV is just fun to play, I dont get bored and quick honor. Like saturday I played about 12k honor without getting the biggest boredoms like I had in AV before the patch. I really enjoy AV much much more now.
    i wish it was like that in my battlegroup, the shortest bg was probably about 40min, but i only played about 5 altogether, i hate AV well at least you dont get the matches anymore where you have to /AFK out of because of it being about 3 hours because some idiot taken snowfall
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by lckuok
    3. hordes if u think alliance are whinning, roll one, play AV, and die before u cap IBGY or even SFGY, and dont' play a class where u can stealth, try go back on offence. and u'll know what we are all talking about. no matter how we position ourselves in IB there's no way we can capture the hordes like u guys forcing us to stay D
    I play horde in a EU BG and before the patch we won about 70% of the AV's. Now after the patch I've won about 6 out of the about 30 I've played... And yes I allso play a class without stealth and quite ofter get to experience the exact same thing you're talking about when trying to get back on the offence.

Either people who play horde in my BG are quite dumb, or maybe your fellow alliance dont know what they're doing (my guess is a combination). But anyway I dont think you can blame the layout of the new AV for your losses...

I'm playing Horde on EU servers and I think the new AV sucks. It's true that we win half of our AV now more or less while we were losing almost all of them before 2.3, but still, the new AV is not good for us, WoW players.

With the previous version of AV, if you were winning an AV, you could earn around 500 honors, and even if you were losing it, the honor you earned was more than in any other BG. This resulted, during AV weekends, of BG making you earn ~600 honors even if you were losing. During the previous AV weekends, I was making around 10k honor, but right now, it's a hassle to get 2000 honors.

Why is that? Well, the BG now is much longer. The rush to Vandar/Drek is over. Sometimes I was happy to see the alliance win the BG by rushing to the last graveyard => 600 honors just by playing for 15minutes. Now AV are long, boring, and you don't earn much honor. How are we supposed to get the 30k honors trinkets? Silly Blizzard...