Thread: Valid 5v5?

Valid 5v5?

So some of the members of my guild have a 5v5 arena team, we are a raid guild first off. the members go like this. Hemo rogue, Survival hunter, Holy Pally, Ret pally, Feral druid. Is this a horid setup? we lost our first 10 matches. ( very few of us have done arena before ). Is this an outlast team? or a burst team? Should the Ret pally off heal for the first bit or heal towards the end?

I have been looking for a good guide to arena teams and what each class/spec brings, any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Valid 5v5?

No CC, no Silence or Spellinterrupt effects..
    Well, pretty difficult tbh!

You should go practice focusing and get the hunter to skill imp. Aimed Shot.
    (The ranged "Mortal Strike" should become pretty handy, with this lineup!)

Quote Originally Posted by Norber
    So some of the members of my guild have a 5v5 arena team, we are a raid guild first off. the members go like this. Hemo rogue, Survival hunter, Holy Pally, Ret pally, Feral druid. Is this a horid setup? we lost our first 10 matches. ( very few of us have done arena before ). Is this an outlast team? or a burst team? Should the Ret pally off heal for the first bit or heal towards the end?

I have been looking for a good guide to arena teams and what each class/spec brings, any help would be much appreciated.
    well my first answer would be to say that since you lost 10 games yes this is a bad combo, and you should have fairly adequate coordination over vent given that you raid.

how is your gear??

also, you are a burst team. the melee complements each other very very nicely. 5% crit, ret pally melee buffs, hemo rogue, assuming using wound poisons, but survival hunter?? hunters are either bm or mm. you will run into a world of trouble against a team with a pally, given only 1 chance at removing bop and you are largely melee dps. im surprised you didn't win any games, but like i said in pve spec and i dont know your gear i guess its possible.

so let me ask you a question, what is valid 5v5? are you looking just to get pts every week from 10 games so supplement your pve gear and raiding? or are you actually dedicated to getting pvp gear/specs and rolling a bit harder?

i would say replace 1 melee class, probably feral druid since they are easiest to kill of the bunch you listed, with shadow priest or ele sham or frost mage or ua lock. you will be a better burst team not being totally dependent on melee, and the class which you add should have more survivability than a feral druid. however you also have no CC so burst is incredibly important, you must kill 1 or 2 of them before losing your first to even have a remote chance. two freedoms and two bops/bubbles is nice, and the druid can always cyclone/tranquility at some point during the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiled
    No CC, no Silence or Spellinterrupt effects..
    Well, pretty difficult tbh!

You should go practice focusing and get the hunter to skill imp. Aimed Shot.
    (The ranged "Mortal Strike" should become pretty handy, with this lineup!)
    no spell interrupt? kick, blind, gouge, kidney shot, cheap shot, garrote, HoJ (which is only 35 sec cd for ret), repentance, maim, feral charge, bash. and if the hunter was MM your looking at silencing shot or possibly imp concussive shot. that group of melee would absolutely gangbang a solo caster. problem is as you mentioned no CC, ie two healers presents a problem, and now you have to split dps, having the rogue lock 1 healer down while the other 3 melee kill the 2nd healer. but those classes have tons of interrupt!