Controlsetup with Rogue?

Dear MMO-Champion community,

in my team we are currently having a discussion about taking a rogue or a Warrior in our controlling team. Our Lineup is:
    - Diszipline Priest
    - Holy Paladin
    - Deep Icemage
    - Affliction/ Soullink Warlock
    - Rogue

The question is now that one of my teammebers has the opinion that we might go better with a classical Warrior. I am not to sure since the Warrior is prettymuch useless when he once gets focussed the rogue instead goes on vanish, furthermore is the Rogue having more moves to stun/ interrupt the foucstarget, On the other side the Warrior is able to stay on the focustarget as he can intercept and he might live a little bit longer as well as the MS is to 100% on it - but we don't have much of a problem keeping 5 x poison on focustarget since druids need to heal/ totems getting down and so on.

Well would like to see what you guys think about it.

Thx
    Saara F.

Re: Controlsetup with Rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Saarafeon
    Dear MMO-Champion community,

in my team we are currently having a discussion about taking a rogue or a Warrior in our controlling team. Our Lineup is:
    - Diszipline Priest
    - Holy Paladin
    - Deep Icemage
    - Affliction/ Soullink Warlock
    - Rogue

The question is now that one of my teammebers has the opinion that we might go better with a classical Warrior. I am not to sure since the Warrior is prettymuch useless when he once gets focussed the rogue instead goes on vanish, furthermore is the Rogue having more moves to stun/ interrupt the foucstarget, On the other side the Warrior is able to stay on the focustarget as he can intercept and he might live a little bit longer as well as the MS is to 100% on it - but we don't have much of a problem keeping 5 x poison on focustarget since druids need to heal/ totems getting down and so on.

Well would like to see what you guys think about it.

Thx
    Saara F.
    i think either would work, im assuming giving the disc priest frost mage and sl/sl lock you are going outlast, or control as you called it, in which case the warrior may be a better bet because if they focus the warrior he can just tank things all day with a shield on in arenas.

should they choose to focus the rogue to avoid him stacking the wound poison that could present a problem. when your rogue is attempting to kite/LoS he wont be able to stack it at all. a warrior can still apply MS in defensive stance with a 1h'er and shield on, as well as reflect demo shout tclap and many other fun things.

i would say either would work, and take a day or two to test it out
    if you do let us know the result pls.

well the rogue had one big problem as there is no intercept or anything like that he looses to easy range to the target we focus so in these terms the warrior is more suitable. We decided not to play this setup with a rogue anymore and took a warrior instead. Rogue seems to have to many problems in 5on5 as there are too many classes that disable him more easy than the warrior.

Rogue always needs freedom and if they dispell that its not good - well yeah he has his cooldowns to get back to the target but what to do if all is used? A control basically is the more lasting team so therefore choose a warrior as it is a non cd reliable class.

greetings
    saara

Quote Originally Posted by Saarafeon
    well the rogue had one big problem as there is no intercept or anything like that he looses to easy range to the target we focus so in these terms the warrior is more suitable. We decided not to play this setup with a rogue anymore and took a warrior instead. Rogue seems to have to many problems in 5on5 as there are too many classes that disable him more easy than the warrior.

Rogue always needs freedom and if they dispell that its not good - well yeah he has his cooldowns to get back to the target but what to do if all is used? A control basically is the more lasting team so therefore choose a warrior as it is a non cd reliable class.

greetings
    saara
    if you are control/outlast then yea take the warrior, any team that wants to focus a warrior in 5v5 is just stupid. his cd's should help him out a lot in terms of getting back to the target, but if they are focusing him then yea there is nothing you can do and you are losing the 5/5 wound poison as well.