15+ Year Old Account

Question about Personal Ratings

Hey all,

I got a question about the personal ratings from arena teams..
    If 2 guys in your 2v2 arena team mess up the rating to 1000 ( exidentally ) And 2 others get it up to 1500 again, your personal rating will go up with 500 too right? Since a team can have a 1500 rating but at the same time your Personal Rating can be 1550 for example...So...could it be to get a nice personal rating like that? :P

Too bad you need team rating 1850 for shoulders now tho :P

Re: Question about Personal Ratings

if u win over 1000rating team and your personal rating is 1500 i think u ll get 1 or 0 personal rating so from 1000 to 1500 u would get some 250 to 300 personal rating tops

15+ Year Old Account

Then still, if you do it a couple of times you would have reached 1850+ easily right?

So really should have thought about it before you needed team-rating for items / shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    Then still, if you do it a couple of times you would have reached 1850+ easily right?

So really should have thought about it before you needed team-rating for items / shoulder
    correct, that was the exploit at the start of s3. now with the team-rating requirement you will simply to the same exact thing to acquire a personal rating of 2000, then pay to have your team rating boosted to 2000, allowing you to purchase the gear. effectively blizzard has taken two steps backwards in terms of stopping the purchase of arena gear by 3 game a week players.

well they now are forced to play 10-12 games a week, but they only have to do that once a season.

15+ Year Old Account

Thank you

just to clarify and confirm on what strajker posted, below 1500 this is not viable, as you only get 1-2 points per win, when your personal rating is above the team rating. however above 1500, say the 1500-1750 range, your personal rating will increase by or close to the amount your team rating does.

this will only happen until tomorrow or next tuesday when personal + team rating will be required to purchase s3 gear. however the obvious answer to that is boosting, where you get 1850 personal rating on a 1550 team, then have your team boosted, buy your weapons, then play your 30% to still get points for the week.

while it is stupid and i disagree with it, until blizz implements a better system its open to all and is making the boosters a fair amount of cash.