Thread: Nuke 3v3

Nuke 3v3

What do you think about this team makeup for 3v3?
    Disc / Shadow (41+) priest
    Frost mage
    Demo / Destro (41+) warlock

I feel like with +5% damage from misery as well as potential of 2-10% (depending on how many attacks you get off) to shadow damage, that team would be able to nuke any single target within seconds regardless of the amount of healers, especially since it would have 2 spell locks (mage CS, priest silence) or may be potentially 3 spell locks if the warlock uses a felhunter instead of a voidie (which I feel would be better for a destro lock to replace the lost SL with voidie bubbles).

I'm looking for thoughts and suggestions on improving that team.

(Note: It has to be mage / priest / lock, since those are the classes me and my friends are leveling).

Re: Nuke 3v3

Well i don't really like nuke teams ...
    With your strat you would be very vulnerable to serveral setups, e.g. HP/R/M or HD/WL/R (especially well played rogues).

Maybe you go as HPreist / Affl / FrostM. Thats the setup i ran in S1 and the beginning of S2.
    Played correctly this is one of the strongest 3n3 lineups out there IMO.

Serus

Hmm... that's an interesting idea. With UA and mage damage this could actually work pretty well to burn targets down. I basically don't want to run a drain team as those are far too boring. :P

I would also like your input on the following spec, as I'm a nub in priestly ways.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bx0GuhxxZbExhcMoV0h

Two problems with that nuke setup:

1) No healing reduction beyond CoT, which does not help against instants.

2) No stuns to slow down incoming DPS.

I've seen Rogue/Mage/Spriest work well, not sure about your suggested team.

I got to 2k last season with elemental shaman, UA warlock and shadow priest.

i play spriest(me) ua lock and frost mage, this combo is surelly humongous! angainst all warr teams, but a single rouge just destryos the whole thing in this setup. but i can more or less state that it´s the team with biggest burst i have seen