Can anyone tell me how to set up Shadowed Unit Frames so that it will display the player/target health bars vertically (Or direct me to a unit frame that can)?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very surprised if SUF can't do vertical.

Pitbull4 and StUF both can handle vertical bars, however.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this is the right thread but at least I'm looking for a AddOn! Is there a AddOn out there where you can try different looks of enchants on weapons?

How hard would it be to make an addon that tracked sports scores or other stuff thru rss?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguardboomkin View Post
    How hard would it be to make an addon that tracked sports scores or other stuff thru rss?
    Addons cannot communicate with anything other than the WoW Client Program. The various "workarounds" for this sort of thing (like the TweetWoW addon/program combination) use an addon AND a program outside. The outside program writes to the SV files when you /reloadui, so that the addon can pick up the changes AFTER a reload.

This means you'd be constantly reloading WoW just to check sports scores. It's faster and more efficient to alt-tab out, or use a program that operates in Overlay mode and can display RSS Feeds (something similar to the XFire program, I believe was it's name)

I use shadowmage's UI, it's awesome, but it messes with the official UI, so the raid markers simply disappear. Anyone knows an Addon that makes the raid markers in a new way, or how to make raid markers show up on shadowmage's UI?

Anyone know what UI the person in this video is using?

Many thanks
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-10-03 at 02:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know of a timer that will show when the enemy is going to res? I'm not sure if this would be considered cheating or not, but it would be very helpful in RBG's to know when the enemy is going to res.

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchival View Post
    Anyone know what UI the person in this video is using?

Many thanks
    Looks like ElvUI that he has edit a bit.

Say I want a separate window on the right side of my screen that tracks only loot and reputation gains, how do I split up the default chat window?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

10+ Year Old Account
    You right click the main "General" window and press Create New, a new tab will appear right next to the main one. Click AND drag outside of the chat window, and the new chat window should be separated. Right click the new window, go to Settings, and make sure everything is unchecked. Go to the last item in the Settings list and you should see Experience gains, loot, etc. just check everything you want to be show in that window. The items you selected should be the only ones within that window. If you want the new window next to the General tab again click and drag towards the Main chat window.
    [/CENTER]

I'm actually hoping for some UI advise:

http://imageshack.us/f/20/wowscrnshot100311200750.jpg/

I like that it has everything that I need, but it's getting a bit messy. I'm not going for a minimalist style, but on the other hand, my screen is 1920x1080 so I can still afford to size everything big. Any artistic/inspirational advise?

Quote Originally Posted by yswrox View Post
    I'm actually hoping for some UI advise:

http://imageshack.us/f/20/wowscrnshot100311200750.jpg/

I like that it has everything that I need, but it's getting a bit messy. I'm not going for a minimalist style, but on the other hand, my screen is 1920x1080 so I can still afford to size everything big. Any artistic/inspirational advise?
    Not so much artistic since that would be very personal, but more to reduce clutter.

You seem to have a bit of duplication which can when done right be useful, but not in this case.
    Remove the holy power indication from your unitframes since I personally am finding it difficult to read, as well as maybe the text indication of full power from your combat text.
    Remove the buffs from your unitframe since the size makes them rather pointless.
    Perhaps remove party frames while in a raid group since they are often unecessary.

Remove the group numbers from what I would guess is Vuhdo (raid frames).

Perhaps reduce the spam from your combat text addon to what you might find useful.
    Big numbers rarely tell you much, but instead limiting to things like misses/resists etc which you might have to make a decision on.

Professions and out of combat only items on your action bars could be on bars which are visible only on mouseover.
    Same with the micromenu (character, talents, quests etc) but I will get to that later.

Alternative addons could also improve the look of the UI.
    A good alternative to XPerl would be Shadowed Unitframes and one I found to be a lot neater.
    For the Micromenu, then an alternative to hiding completely or being visible on mouseover would be a rather neater version such as NibMicroMenu which will display it instead as a series of letters or characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wondering if anyone knows a mod out there that keeps track of say gold earned how its was earned on like a char base for say daily weekly so on.

mobs: 23g
    vendor: 34g
    AH: 1700g
    quests: 30g

but not just per session, since i swap alot to diff severs and alts, i know there are some AH based ones but they only cover ah cash.

thanks
    Last edited by sumrandom; 2011-10-04 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sumrandom View Post
    Wondering if anyone knows a mod out there that keeps track of say gold earned how its was earned on like a char base for say daily weekly so on.

mobs: 23g
    vendor: 34g
    AH: 1700g
    quests: 30g

but not just per session, since i swap alot to diff severs and alts, i know there are some AH based ones but they only cover ah cash.

thanks
    Currently using Auditor @ Curse myself which seems to do what you want.
    It will however require a databroker display of some sort, Fortress, ButtonBin, amongst others being popular ones.

Wow wrong thread sorry.
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2011-10-04 at 10:36 PM.

I'm looking for a Buff/Debuff addon. I'm not looking for a big or advanced system, just needs to be simple, I want to easily track buffs such as Arcane Blast stacks for Mage, Serpent Sting or Rapid Fire for Hunter, etc.

Any suggestions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Alternative addons could also improve the look of the UI.
    A good alternative to XPerl would be Shadowed Unitframes and one I found to be a lot neater.
    Is what I was about to say. XPerl looks crowded somehow in comparison.

For the poster who wanted a simple buff tracking addon, you could use Forte Xorcist - but then again, I'm a freak for Power Auras Classic, which is reasonably simple once you get how it's done, and unmatched in customizability, but very easy to set up in comparison. There are some other similar addons like WeakAuras, which I am unexperienced with though.

Depends on the means by which they are to be tracked.
    Icons, bars or timers are all viable methods, but some people will find some easier to read than others.

For bars then ForteXorcist, NeedToKnow or WeakAuras.
    For Icons then TellMeWhen, PowerAuras or WeakAuras.
    For Timers then PowerAuras or WeakAuras.

PowerAuras and to a (currently) greater degree WeakAuras are very substantial addons and not what I would call userfriendly.
    TellMeWhen and NeedToKnow are rather more limited in their scope and something I would advise for a start to then see if you require something additional features-wise.
    Better starting smaller and moving up than being overwhelmed by options you don't need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone knows how the special frames of bosses like Rhyolith steering indicator, Alys Wings and Majo energy are called?

Because i can't see them for some reason and i want to manually toggle them with a macro or with MoveAnything addon.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-10-06 at 01:55 PM.