Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Custom text function using http://wow.gamepedia.com/API_GetGameTime
    Dunno how I'm doing it wrong but can't get it to work. :/

I've tried to add:
    local hour,minute = GetGameTime();
    message(hour .. ":" .. minute);

But it returns an error saying "Unexpected symbol near "local". Not sure how to change the formats of it.

Code:
    print(hour .. ":" .. minute);
    Code:
    return format("%d:%d", hour, minute)

Quote Originally Posted by Kushia View Post
    Dunno how I'm doing it wrong but can't get it to work. :/

I've tried to add:
    message(hour .. ":" .. minute);

But it returns an error saying "Unexpected symbol near "local". Not sure how to change the formats of it.
    Sorry, I still can't manage to remember that not everyone who uses WeakAuras can write lua code. Your custom TEXT function should look something like this:

Code:
    function()
       return string.format("%0.2d:%0.2d", GetGameTime())
    end
    Set that as the custom text function, set it with a trigger that is always true (since you want it to show all the time), and set it to update each frame or whatever.

Note that this is also equivalent in lua:

Code:
    function()
       local hour, minute = GetGameTime()
       return string.format("%0.2d:%0.2d", hour, minute)
    end
    The "%0.2d" formats the number "1" as "01", and the number "12" as "12". If you just want the number without zero-padding it put "%d" in the string instead.

Deleted
    I'm getting frustrated over grid2.

What I want is my raidframes to be displayed in a solid dark grey color and the deficit as classcolor. How to I go about doing this?

The most logic thing would be to set the "background color" to dark grey and the "health" indicator to classcolor. And then just hit "invert bar color" in the health indicator layout. It does work. Somewhat.
    It does make the raidframes grey and the background classcolored. But I get some kind of wierd transparency in the grey color that I can't seem to get rid of :@

Edit: Noticed I hadn't actually asked a question.. I ofcourse want to know if there's anyone out there who know anything about this issue?

Edit2: Eeeeh.... Got an apiffany. I thought to myself: Why not just use the default classcolored bar, turn off the health:current status and then just make another grey healthbar with the health:current status?
    So I did... And it works perfectly durrrr...

- - - Updated - - -

Okay.. It doesn't work.

This is a screenshot of the unitframes when I have it set as a solo layout outside of any instances.

And this is what happens when I zone in to a dungeon with a few people:

The white is the background and the grey is the foreground... The white turns black while in an instance for some reason!!

Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Another question I have is:

Is it possible to set the background color of the skada bars to be classcolored? Guessing it'd have to be done in LUA. But I'm ok with that as long as someone point me in the correct direction!
    Last edited by mmocae31beb646; 2015-02-18 at 06:22 PM.

Deleted
    Hello, can you guys tell me if this is grid or vuhdo that Sonie is using on his UI ? I can't post link or images apparently but basically I would like to know how can I have the raiddebuff on the unitframe (like the acid torrent on oregorger) and the hots timers with their respective icons ?

Thank you

Some googling let me to this video, so I'm assuming this is the Sonie you were referring to? It definitely doesn't look like Grid to me, so I'm gonna guess it's Vuhdo, but you can definitely get the same functionality with buffs/debuffs from Grid. As soon as you apply the buff to an icon slot (default grid only comes with a middle icon, but you can DL plugins for corner and side icons), it automatically sets it up with a spiral timer and the appropriate icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Is there any way to get prat to be toggled on keybind or when i get whisper/specific window gets a new message? or any kind of addon that can do this
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Is there any way to get prat to be toggled on keybind or when i get whisper/specific window gets a new message? or any kind of addon that can do this
    I ended up using WIM in combination with Prat to do this. It isn't perfect, but it works passably.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    I ended up using WIM in combination with Prat to do this. It isn't perfect, but it works passably.
    Guess it cant hurt to try. but isnt WIM like extremly ugly?

Also do you know a way to get all spellicons grey? aka no colors

Guess it cant hurt to try. but isnt WIM like extremly ugly? Also do you know a way to get all spellicons grey? aka no colors
    ...varying degrees. You can get skin packs for it, and some of them are less terrible than the default one. I use the WIM Rasberyl pack which appears to have vanished from curse, and was just eh; there is an elvui skin if you like that, and a couple of others. If nothing else, check it out and see if it solves your technical problem, I guess.

Also, no, sorry, I know no way to do that. (Literally "don't know", as opposed to "know you can't", FYI, as I have never even wondered if that was possible.)

PS: I bound a key (Alt-M) to "Show/hide all WIM windows", which is the setting I preferred. I also have it set to group chat windows as tabs on a single thing.

Guess it cant hurt to try. but isnt WIM like extremly ugly?

Also do you know a way to get all spellicons grey? aka no colors
    Well if you had a suitable batch conversion tool that could change to greyscale then you could convert the icons from an icon pack such as MiirGui or CleanIcons.
    There are already some to convert to and from PNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Well if you had a suitable batch conversion tool that could change to greyscale then you could convert the icons from an icon pack such as MiirGui or CleanIcons.
    There are already some to convert to and from PNG.
    cool this might actually work. found somthing after a bit of googling. will give an update if help is required cheers!

I have tidyplates which seems nice for seeing the mobs, however I want to clean up my player/target plates. I like the look of how it was done in LUI
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Ok so alot inc here:

Trying to make an info panel atm but not going so well. the panel is set to have 6 buttons which will slide from top and down on screen when putting mouse @ top of screen. not sure what the smartest way to do this is but i am doing the clickables with weakaura imported textures and a 0% opacity actionbar behind them with macros that uses the script to open said information. Now im not sure how to make this toggle without breaking my brain. any ideas?

Looking for a unitframe addon that can be moved by Z Offset aswell (aka distance from start to end).

Not really superneeded but also trying to set up a weakaura is triggered by an event such a bag opens, character frame. achievements etc.!

Ok so alot inc here:

Trying to make an info panel atm but not going so well. the panel is set to have 6 buttons which will slide from top and down on screen when putting mouse @ top of screen. not sure what the smartest way to do this is but i am doing the clickables with weakaura imported textures and a 0% opacity actionbar behind them with macros that uses the script to open said information. Now im not sure how to make this toggle without breaking my brain. any ideas?

Looking for a unitframe addon that can be moved by Z Offset aswell (aka distance from start to end).

Not really superneeded but also trying to set up a weakaura is triggered by an event such a bag opens, character frame. achievements etc.!
    kgPanels is better for the toggling part since it has OnClick scripts which can also fire events that WeakAuras can scan for as triggers. Its the same concept in KaitUI.

If you want the opening of a specific panel as a trigger use this as a custom trigger event.
    Code:
    function()
        if ( PlayerTalentFrame:IsShown() ) then return true
        end
    end
    just replace the PlayerTalentFrame part with whatever the actual name of your panel is. Pretty sure /fstack tells you if you're not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    kgPanels is better for the toggling part since it has OnClick scripts which can also fire events that WeakAuras can scan for as triggers. Its the same concept in KaitUI.

If you want the opening of a specific panel as a trigger use this as a custom trigger event.
    Code:
    function()
        if ( PlayerTalentFrame:IsShown() ) then return true
        end
    end
    just replace the PlayerTalentFrame part with whatever the actual name of your panel is. Pretty sure /fstack tells you if you're not sure.
    yeah this was my guess too then i found some thread with players having issues that KG did 2 events in one click so they couldnt open things. but il give it a shot tonight!

I figure this thread is the best place to ask this: is it possible to take the value of a heal from a tooltip for WeakAuras rather than having to enter the coefficients manually? For example, Expel Harm has a pretty accurate tooltip, but the coefficients (according to wowhead) are extremely complex for some reason, to the point where I don't think it's possible to make a good WeakAura for it.

Deleted
    I am currently looking for a way to display the raid markers with the help of WA in a text aura. Basically just showing the {rt1-8} as the actual icon.
    I've tried a few ways to see if WA just shows them (like Angry Assignments does), but to no avail so far. Using %i in the text allows icons to be displayed, but I don't know what I would have to feed it in the custom icon lua.
    Anyone knows if/how this is possible?
    Last edited by mmoc41d5885287; 2015-02-21 at 03:56 PM.

Solved. still need assistance with mouseover menu though. or something like that. would love help in PM instead cuz i dont wanna clutter the thread to much !
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-02-22 at 02:57 AM.

Solved. still need assistance with mouseover menu though. or something like that. would love help in PM instead cuz i dont wanna clutter the thread to much !
    Or a separate thread if you feel it could be of use to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.