Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Is there any addon like Autobar? Cuz right now autobar makes me disconect and it slows wow a lot.

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know of a UI compilation for a Resto Shaman that actually uses healbot? I'm looking for a new UI, but I am really happy with healbot. There are a lot of nice looking healing UI's out there, but It seems that they all use Grid+Clique or Xperl. I need something with all the standard goodies (recount, combat text, omen, buff bars, etc). If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account

A question from me:

I know powerauras can use sound files. By default, the sounds that are available aren't enough for me. I know there is a way to import sound files, but what kind of sound files can be used? Where, if possible, would one go to download files? If at all possible, how would one go about importing the files? Is there another companion mod like sharedmedia that can work in conjunction with powerauras for added sound files?

Thank you.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

MP3 files work in all cases in WoW addons - WoW's internal music is in mp3 format, the game has a built-in decoder. So I'd suggest using MP3 format sound files. For adding sounds to PowerAuras, however, I have no idea. I've never paid attention to that part of the addon, all I use is the graphic display portion.

Alright, just downloaded Power Aura's and setup Lava Burst exactly like this:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2383/temptr.jpg

But after I use it, the timer is nearly always off.
    It tells me it is ready to be used with 1 second, or 2 seconds left on the real cooldown.

Anyway I can fix this?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Seraph
    replace the config.wtf in ishtara's UI with your own. It's likely trying to connect to the American(or European, depending on where you live) servers, and it's causing your realm list to break.
    Thanks. Now do anyone know how to avoid the BIG text in middle telling about the new zone you entered? I don't really think that I need it, and it's disturbing.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

That's part of the default UI. I've never been able to turn that off. *sigh*

think it's possible via fluidframes, try playing around with it, it's been a year since I used it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Semi
    think it's possible via fluidframes, try playing around with it, it's been a year since I used it.
    You mean an addon like MoveAnything? I'll try looking for it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    That's part of the default UI. I've never been able to turn that off. *sigh*
    For the first time ever, I can help do something in favor for Taryble (big thing guys and girls, since it's ALWAYS vice versa). Ok now, here it comes:

You can move anything with the addon MoveAnything (thihi), so after you have installed it you enter the settings and find something called "Subzone Zoning Text" and then you click hide. I wouldn't use the addon if it took alot of MB space for such a simple thing, but 0.3 MB seems decent for getting the annoying text away.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

blah... MoveAnything annoys me. I'm not going to install that addon JUST to hide the zoning text. It doesn't bother me enough to do that. Maybe I can convince FluidFrames to do something about it. Somehow.

15+ Year Old Account

Difference? :S

Anyway, I think my character is going crazy, because he sees everybodys names around him as a "!! TAG ERROR !!". I'm using Aloft customized from Ishtara. It wasn't like this in the start. How can he be returned back to normal names?

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6...2709114300.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Maybe I can convince FluidFrames to do something about it. Somehow.
    It should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    Difference? :S

Anyway, I think my character is going crazy, because he sees everybodys names around him as a "!! TAG ERROR !!". I'm using Aloft customized from Ishtara. It wasn't like this in the start. How can he be returned back to normal names?

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6...2709114300.jpg
    It's aloft. as i dont use it, i couldn't tell your whether its ishtara's fault(meaning it a bad custom set-up he added) or it's an addon conflicting. Did this first happen when you got her UI installed, or did it happen after you installed a mob?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Seraph
    It's aloft. as i dont use it, i couldn't tell your whether its ishtara's fault(meaning it a bad custom set-up he added) or it's an addon conflicting. Did this first happen when you got her UI installed, or did it happen after you installed a mob?
    It didn't happen after I installed the UI. I don't know if it's because I have installed a mod. I mean I have installed some like DBM, Atlasloot etc., but that can't be it, can it?

Hi, does anybody know an addon that lets me set rules for pet abilities? For example I only want my pet to use Claw when its above X focus.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tostibakker
    Hi, does anybody know an addon that lets me set rules for pet abilities? For example I only want my pet to use Claw when its above X focus.
    I don't think there are any addons that can take control of things like that. I think macros can be made so the spell only occurs if you (your pet) has an x ammount of power, but since you can't make macros for pets, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tostibakker
    You can probably configure PowerAuras to alert you when your pet is above x focus and then press the claw button yourself.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Tostibakker

Not possible. You can't automate anything in this game like that. You'll just have to take claw off of auto and hit it yourself when you want it used.

@Lansworthy

Whichever ones you think help you the most with healing. Personally, I use Vuhdo for raid healing, and nothing special for healing 5-mans.

@iLive

If I remember correctly, Aloft uses something similar to DogTags (maybe even DogTags itself) for it's texts. Go into the name text section of Aloft and see if you can find out what's going on with it. As an alternative, caelNameplates looks very similar to that Aloft setup, you could disable Aloft and replace it with caelNameplates.

Deleted

Hi there,

In left bottomleft corner there's what I think is DBM. Can anyone tell me how to set it up so the timerbar is as thin as in the picture? I've looked into DBM yet didnt find the parameters for the height of the bar.

tnx in advance for any help !