Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

The error may be caused if you right click on a x-perl unit and choose "Focus" ... blizz did something some time ago to prevent addons from using the focus functionality

either type /focus or keybind focus to any key (KeyBind menu)
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedlol
    Heya guys, this is my UI: http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/609...0909123427.jpg. I have 2 questions...what do u think can improve and why does the error on the right side of the screen pops when I try to focus some1 ?
    I think that's because you can no longer right click -> focus on raid frames. You have to type /focus or macro it.

ive got a problem with not only my UI but my WoW file on my computer must be corupted or something because every time i log onto WoW all my addons and keybindings and everything is reset no matter what i do and its been happening since i had a forced name change can anyone help me as every time i DC im having to either turn off Bartender or re-position everything.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

When you get DC'd, WoW doesn't save your settings. It only saves your settings during a /reloadui, a /logout, or a /quit. Get everything set, type /reloadui, and it should stop resetting on dc's.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    When you get DC'd, WoW doesn't save your settings. It only saves your settings during a /reloadui, a /logout, or a /quit. Get everything set, type /reloadui, and it should stop resetting on dc's.
    thanks ill try that =)

Quote Originally Posted by Frandule
    ive got a problem with not only my UI but my WoW file on my computer must be corupted or something because every time i log onto WoW all my addons and keybindings and everything is reset no matter what i do and its been happening since i had a forced name change can anyone help me as every time i DC im having to either turn off Bartender or re-position everything.
    check the Readonly flag of your WTF and Interface Folders ... (Checkmark = Bad, Empty = OK, Green Rectangle = Ok)

If it is checked ... copy the WTF folder somewhere else relog WOW thus a new WTF folder is created ... copy then content (and only the contentn, not the whole folder) from the old copied WTF to the new generated WTF

besides that what Taryble is rigth if you DC no settings are saved
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

ok, so i need to learn lua at some point in order to finish my ui but i desperately don't want to

Has anyone every made a lua code generator? like I'm thinking type in player health in a domain, and out pops lua coding.
    why hasn't anyone done this yet?

either a. it is not possible, b. laziness

let me know please thanks

Found this almost a year ago, after a google search, hoping to learn LUA myself, but never found the time.
    Not sure if it's up to date or any good.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/26414

I was wondering if anyone knew what unit frames this guy uses. Any info would be awesome!! =D

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3...chron72khp.jpg
    http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8652/gooch.jpg
    Made by FrostHate
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c29/hellview_00doomsday/icicle2.jpg
    Made by rhox22
    (Sig too large)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand how this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethor
    I don't use spells, i auto attack

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I'd say that he's using Pitbull. The portrait on the right is, I'd say, ZMobDB Advanced.

I was wondering on how to get Recount to Autoshow in combat instead of Autohide in combat, anyone knows? :P

/recount config, uncheck Autohide in combat
    Origins 10 Man Strict Guild Now Recruting!

Mad props to Sokogeka for sig.

Any memory light addons that can track how long is left on mend pet?, I feel like I'm spamming it because I'm not sure when its falling off without mousing over my pet, thanks.

Also wanted to mention I do use Forte, if anyone knows how to add the ability to track mend pet's duration that would be awesome, I can't figure that shit out.

Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Deleted

@SirHps
    Try this macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Mend Pet
    /castsequence reset=15 Mend Pet, null
    It will cast Mend pet and grey out the button until Mend pet is faded on your pet. I used it for my hunter back in 2.4.3, dont know if it still works though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arethea
    @SirHps
    Try this macro:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Mend Pet
    /castsequence reset=15 Mend Pet, null
    It will cast Mend pet and grey out the button until Mend pet is faded on your pet. I used it for my hunter back in 2.4.3, dont know if it still works though.
    No dice, which made me sad because that would have been awesome to be able to use a macro to solve this issue.

Still looking for advice on this, thanks again.
    Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels.

http://img260.imageshack.us/i/alonex.jpg/

I'm thinking this guy uses Pitbull, but what I want help with is the settings!

If anyone know, I would love u for spending some time to help.

Thanks.
    - Trim

So here's a question, are there any addons that can display a separate preferably pictorial buff list, where you can choose to show certain buffs only. My idea here is to have a small little box near my heads up which shows class specific buffs. Ex Killing Machine Procs and Blade barrier on my DK, Quaking Earth and totem buffs on my shaman. The idea is to separate the important buffs from the who cares buffs like devo aura. I prefer to build my UI with a bit of redundancy about certain things, so I want all buffs in one location and buffs that factor into my decisions in another.

If I was any good at coding I think I would tear apart grid and design something similar to that, small list of pictoral buffs specific to each class and grayed out when they are inactive, bonus points for a clock style timer on each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

@SirHps

ForteXorcist can be configured to show Mend Pet

I don't know exactly where it is because I can't login right now ... but I think it's in the general Settings ... something like "Healing spells" or the like ... it's the same option that makes the Hot Bars

@Fornaw

TellMeWhen can be setup to display procs and cooldowns ... don't know if you can set it up to show "regular" buffs too and if it is good for the memory to use it like that

I use PowerAurasClassic to display any important buffs and procs for my class ... sure it needs some time to set up but once you got it it's really nice

Deleted

@Sansai
    That is not Pitbull. Its the oUF Caellian layout.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download..._Caellian.html

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Fornaw

The last poster on page 307 was good. I just wanted to add, if you're using Elkano's Buff Bars or Satrina Buff Frames, you can create a new "frame" and have it set to a Whitelist, then choose the buffs you wanna see.

A Whitelist system shows only those things that you've specifically told it you want to see, and ignores all other buffs/debuffs. For short lists, they're easier to set up than Blacklist systems - Blacklists are the opposite, they show everything except what they're told not to show.