Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

@regg

Sadly, no bar mod that I'm aware of has a variable opacity setting - only "in combat" and "not in combat".

This may sound like a really noob thing to ask, but, can you move the chat box? If so, how?

I'm looking for an addon that is essentially identical to EavesDrop, except you can set it to only show incoming events. That is, damage taken, healing received, buffs/debuffs received and fades. If anyone can edit the EavesDrop lua code to not show outgoing events, it'd work too.

Also interested in fun addons that show you what's going on in a raid group, any suggestions are welcome, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Navi
    This may sound like a really noob thing to ask, but, can you move the chat box? If so, how?
    Prat. /prat > Editbox > In the Attach to drop-down box select Free-floating.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    Prat. /prat > Editbox > In the Attach to drop-down box select Free-floating.
    /prat?

15+ Year Old Account

This is from my Illidan movie back from TBC and I can't remember all addons I used, what's the cast bar addon called?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Skez
    This is from my Illidan movie back from TBC and I can't remember all addons I used, what's the cast bar addon called?
    Looks like http://www.wowinterface.com/download...astingBar.html

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra
    Yes! Thats the one, I recognize the name Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what kind of addon this shows:

thnx in advance!

Cheers,
    Prop
    Yes, i ám a hunter, and no, im nót retarded (one of the many few)

Quote Originally Posted by Navi
    Just right-click the top left 'tab' thing that's shown when you hover over the chat box and click 'unlock' or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    I'm looking for an addon that is essentially identical to EavesDrop, except you can set it to only show incoming events. That is, damage taken, healing received, buffs/debuffs received and fades. If anyone can edit the EavesDrop lua code to not show outgoing events, it'd work too.

Also interested in fun addons that show you what's going on in a raid group, any suggestions are welcome, really.
    Not something I have played with too much, but I know of an updated replacement for Eavesdrop which seemed to at least do most of same.
    An addon called Cascade which at least during the brief time I used it did at least look pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by OlSom
    I've noticed something yesterday in arena.

What can cause that strange stuff in the tooltip?
    I'm using Shadowed Unitframes and Cowtip
    I would first check if those addons are both upto date since it seems that the unit identifiers, basically Arena2 and similar.
    Without going to look it up, then it is my guess that the identifiers have changed, and referring to non-existant ones.
    Otherwise try a new tooltip addon, perhaps TipTac to quickly test if Cowtip was the source, since if something else is responsible then it should display a similar issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by regg
    Thanks for the quick answer, I gave StUF a second try and what I have made with the, in/out combat and target/no target -function, is really nice, much better than my first idea ;D

Now come second question, is there any bar addon than can do this aswell? I'm currently using Bartender, but there you only got the option to hide it out of combat, nothing with targeting like you got in StUF.
    Custom conditionals in BT. Have your fade set to the value you want then e.g.

[combat]show; [nocombat,harm]fade; hide

This would hide thebars when out of combat, show them faded when out of combat but targetting a hostile and fully shown when in combat

Is there any working addon that can turn the chat editbox into decent multiline editor?
    Preferably something compatible with Chatter or Prat.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...igEditBox.html Is basically what I'm after, but this addon has been abandoned for a long time and no longer works with current version of the game.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I have an addon that i dont know is buged or settings are hidden but spams my chat box with the honor i get, Its not blizz chat setting doing it, weird part is i have all my addon profiles copy to the same toon, and its only a few toons that get the spam, the main one not getting the spam, Anyone else have this issue, or know how to fix it?

There are settings for the chat to display honor gains, just confirm that it is not set and then provide a list of your addons if that proves not to be the case.
    Right click the chat tab, Settings.
    Other - and uncheck if it is, Honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    There are settings for the chat to display honor gains, just confirm that it is not set and then provide a list of your addons if that proves not to be the case.
    Right click the chat tab, Settings.
    Other - and uncheck if it is, Honor.
    Nope, its not Honor box checked in the cat settings.
    http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...rm/addonsP.jpg Heres all my add ons

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    LF good rogue UI
    You need to be far more specific if you ask a question like this. Update your post or consider it gone.

I am looking for a addon which is just one bar, but where all your food, portal and proffesion spell are at. Its a bit like totembar.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    I am looking for a addon which is just one bar, but where all your food, portal and proffesion spell are at. Its a bit like totembar.
    Couldn't this be achieved by pretty much any action bar mod?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    Used to be a mod named Autobar that would do that, not sure if it's even still around though.

Edit: Here it is Autobar