Hey dudes, is it possible to set up a trigger in WeakAuras2 that will allow me to display an aura only when I have a target (that I can hit) selected?

edit: This is for an icon aura for a paladin seal, if it helps to have context.
    Last edited by Everlu; 2015-08-19 at 01:04 AM.

Yes that's very possible. I'll post it later, mid raid atm.
    Last edited by Djriff; 2015-08-19 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    Hey dudes, is it possible to set up a trigger in WeakAuras2 that will allow me to display an aura only when I have a target (that I can hit) selected?

edit: This is for an icon aura for a paladin seal, if it helps to have context.
    Code:
    dGJleaGlLO2gfLMjfjZLIuZgvFdQYTrXovO9QA3KSFPrbPmmkc(nuEmknukkgmy4k4GcWPGOoMaDCkIAHkjwQaAXkjTCsTiHYtfTmLipNk)fQmvLAYcA6exKIixLIqxg56u68qQ2kuvSziz7qKttvZIIQMguv67uuzKkP6Zuy0kHXRKYjfQoSIUge6EqWkfYdHQkVgQQ6h87N(NXvcPrnzjthNft5mD8r8bxaRr4mRzF6EU0Ybx2ewgVNmpdFg(9tRs0Edds)9t3aX5Jtg6JiIhEiI4LNI2Byq6VFkOpqpDYuSUNwhHtMAdscKmzRxtHFLNesKsEgaR4Xufmr3Cvo906iCUbIZhNm0x5Pvrirk550kypTocNv5LVYt3aX5Jtg6JiIhEiI4LNCSz43pd9Oq5zTCb9VFYy5I)7lxEQX403pzSCX)9LlpLjNuY3pzSCX)9Llp1tw67NmwU4)(YLlp1KHhtTrFGE6zXup9kVGJfJzGtcf(XGpNHHEXJPMCCI2ByqA33Fm43pfT3WG0F)0zxLqIuIz0ek)AptZysMYupf0hONSwNGX8K16emMNOSkwXJPqd5gvOqHcCm2jVGBG48XjdvaHcXwN0yE2c7fAmZfRrfkuOqJkuOqbpQcOf3LdeNhxf4uzqO5gioFCYqMVqmzQnijgYfqaHcbrUGSGunQqHcfkuOqbnjwTQGOTuJkuOqbI7OgvOqHcfkuOGMeRwva1K7OgvOqHcKkSrKk8PZUkHePK0IcLFTN4WVaYnUChqG7NSliw8)PDiCk0twRtWyWjOpqpDYuSUNesKsEUon5YINSwNGXGBHpKEkEgk8YtRs0Edds)9twRtWyEIYQyfpMcnKBuHcfkWXyN8cUbIZhNmubekeBDsJ5zlSxOXmxSgvOqHcnQqHcf8OkGwCxoqCECvGtLbHMBG48Xjdz(cXKP2GKyixabekee5cYcs1OcfkuOqHcf0Ky1QcOMCh1OcfkuG4oQrfkuOqHcfkOjXQvfeTLAuHcfkqQWgrQWlxU80h(Cto5PYYS1Edds7(4sxEI0hdIVlf8Ypa
    You'll have to change the triggers to suit your spell, but it worked for heroic throw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello!
    I'm looking for help finding out which addon could be causing character stats to half show and premade finder half show. It does work fine after a reload but is still extremely annoying.

Reminds me of the silly bug with the glyph ui when you could not reglyph without reloading
    Last edited by Snaige; 2015-08-19 at 09:16 AM.

It happens in the default UI too, not limited to addons. I've personally never had this problem, but I've had http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/stratafix installed since the old glyph stuff was going on. I'd recommend checking it out and seeing if it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    It happens in the default UI too, not limited to addons. I've personally never had this problem, but I've had http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/stratafix installed since the old glyph stuff was going on. I'd recommend checking it out and seeing if it helps.
    You are my hero, thank you so much!
    This addon did in fact help It has been incredibly annoying to constantly reload, and even when reloading it does not always work.

Deleted
    hey, im looking for an addon that can track the duration of clearcasting on my resto druid?

its the only buff i want to track duration of without having to spot the tiny icon in the top of my screen

Weak Auras can do that. You could have it be the size of your screen if you so desired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Weak Auras can do that. You could have it be the size of your screen if you so desired.
    is that addon a pain to set up? i remember a similar one, might have been WA i cant remember back in like wotlk, and i tried to set it up for something, but it was just too confusing :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    is that addon a pain to set up? i remember a similar one, might have been WA i cant remember back in like wotlk, and i tried to set it up for something, but it was just too confusing :P
    It can be odd at first if you're unfamiliar with that sort of thing, but it's actually pretty easy to use. The one that is most like it from the past was power auras I believe. WA is insanely popular and has a ton of tutorial info floating around.

Wa has come a long way. You can make your buff even display a halo type effect around your character similar to how wow does it for some spells in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    It can be odd at first if you're unfamiliar with that sort of thing, but it's actually pretty easy to use. The one that is most like it from the past was power auras I believe. WA is insanely popular and has a ton of tutorial info floating around.
    power auras! that was the one! tried to use that one before, but i felt like i needed someone from nasa to come and set it up for me!

ill check out power auras, thanks

I found a weakaura somewhere on the internet for hunter focus and modified it to fit my ui visually. it seems to work just fine for what i want, but its spamming my chat with errors. the aura is to show a prediction type system for aimed shot (and aimed shot with thrill of the hunt up) and steady shot gains.

this is the weakaura in question:

http://pastebin.com/JWb5dydA

any idea how to stop it from spitting out errors?
    Last edited by kheath812; 2015-08-20 at 08:27 AM.

Hey guys !
    Good ol' story : back after 3+years of hiatus, would like some addons advice

I'll probably play healers of some sort, and for now at least, my offspec concern is efficiently (multi)dotting

- any click-to-heal addon out there ? I used Grid+Clique (+plugins) and loved it to heal quickly+track my druid hots back then

- also when balance/Spriest-ing, I could view enemy healthbars, with my dots visible, so I only had to click the non-dotted target healthbar, dot it, rinse and repeat (+AoE) for a full stack of dead bodies

I have installed TUKui as soon as I played, and it's as nice as I remember, but I think I may pause it for now and build an UI bit by bit that really does what I need (while leveling, I'm still there, yes )

Any addon recommandations ? Tips ? Advice ? All is welcome, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Thrundi View Post
    Hey guys !

I'll probably play healers of some sort, and for now at least, my offspec concern is efficiently (multi)dotting

- any click-to-heal addon out there ? I used Grid+Clique (+plugins) and loved it to heal quickly+track my druid hots back then

- also when balance/Spriest-ing, I could view enemy healthbars, with my dots visible, so I only had to click the non-dotted target healthbar, dot it, rinse and repeat (+AoE) for a full stack of dead bodies

I have installed TUKui as soon as I played, and it's as nice as I remember, but I think I may pause it for now and build an UI bit by bit that really does what I need (while leveling, I'm still there, yes )

1. Vuhdo is a great click-heal addon.
    2. TidyPlates+ThreatPlates are nice visually and can show dots anywhere around the HP bar.

WeakAuras because why not :P

Quote Originally Posted by Thrundi View Post
    Hey guys !

I second Juvencus' advice for using Vuhdo.

For all around nameplate customization with "damage over time effects" you should use TidyPlates but if you prefer the default plates you can try JamPlates Accessories.

And of course WeakAuras like Juvencus said will be a big one. As you may have noticed most posts in this forum section are about WA(aka WeakAuras).
    Last edited by ThePrideless; 2015-08-20 at 03:00 PM. Reason: No concatenation! EVER!
    "I have not failed, I simply found 10,000 ways that did not work." - Thomas Edison

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Any addon to turn in Shipyard Missions "All at once", just like MasterPlan does for Follower Missions? I'd at least like to get rid of the animations to make turning in Shipyard Missions that little bit quicker at least. Or has Blizzard designed Shipyard Missions in such a way addons can't automate the process as Ships can actually get destroyed unlike Followers?
    Masterplan and space through them all.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    I found a weakaura somewhere on the internet for hunter focus and modified it to fit my ui visually. it seems to work just fine for what i want, but its spamming my chat with errors. the aura is to show a prediction type system for aimed shot (and aimed shot with thrill of the hunt up) and steady shot gains.
    This should fix that:

http://pastebin.com/YYN1GNaF

Essentially that replaces every "UnitIsUnit(unit, "player")" with "unit and UnitIsUnit(unit, "player")". Hopefully I found everyone of those.

I have no idea though why this aura is using custom code for checking what the player is casting. There's a builtin trigger for that.

Quote Originally Posted by InfusOnWoW View Post
    This should fix that:

http://pastebin.com/YYN1GNaF

Essentially that replaces every "UnitIsUnit(unit, "player")" with "unit and UnitIsUnit(unit, "player")". Hopefully I found everyone of those.

I have no idea though why this aura is using custom code for checking what the player is casting. There's a builtin trigger for that.
    thanks! that did it.

The Ui us ok but it could have been made better