High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Hi! It's my first post here

Please help me identify addon form Dysphoria's movies. U can see it http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=37315 as small box with SAFE, RUN, DEAD.

I think it's aggro & range meter, but I couldn't find it. Tried search on WoWAce, WoWInterface, WoWUI (ang google, ofc).

I was wondering what addon it was to make your chat boxes go from one color and fade out like you see in a lot of UIs

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ant1pahty
    Set the "Parent" frame.
    any one knows what to enter in the parent to use it with grid
    i tryed tiping in grid ^^ but it didnt work

Quote Originally Posted by Devillien
    any one knows what to enter in the parent to use it with grid
    i tryed tiping in grid ^^ but it didnt work
    If you read the eepanels tutorial, there's a macro you can add to find frame names.

/print GetMouseFocus():GetName()

Bind it to a key so you don't have to "press" it, and make sure that the cursor is over the frame you want to know the name of.

Hai gusy.
    I logged on and was non-happy with my UI today, and I really cba spending alot of time on making a new UI again, so I wonder.. Can someone please post some download links to some UI packages? I know about Caith's and Hal's UI etc.. but I want more visible action bars without it looking bad. Thats the problem. Anyways, thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Trulluk
    Hai gusy.
    I logged on and was non-happy with my UI today, and I really cba spending alot of time on making a new UI again, so I wonder.. Can someone please post some download links to some UI packages? I know about Caith's and Hal's UI etc.. but I want more visible action bars without it looking bad. Thats the problem. Anyways, thanks for reading.
    Bind things and hide the bars instead?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded
    If you read the eepanels tutorial, there's a macro you can add to find frame names.

/print GetMouseFocus():GetName()

Bind it to a key so you don't have to "press" it, and make sure that the cursor is over the frame you want to know the name of.
    thank

but i think my lua is not good
    so it didnt worked

Anyone know how to increase padding between lines of text in chat frame? I like how Prat does it for paragraphs but I'm looking for a way to do it to all lines of text.
    Horde reconnaissance at best:

Quote Originally Posted by Devillien
    thank

but i think my lua is not good
    so it didnt worked
    It's tricky to get it on the right part sometimes, but it DOES work.

Deleted

yeah i think i dont have a good lua script atm

lookin for a other one

hey there..
    I need a customizable auto-shot bar for my huntard ) i tried Zhunter but i can't change the bar in that addon and it doesn't really fits in my interface now..

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Bind things and hide the bars instead?
    Then I wont know the cooldowns on my abilities with OmniCC. And binding buffs is waste of good binds.

I need a chat box panel that goes from the side of the screen over the chat box and fades out like is shown here: http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?i...yesteuipr3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Iron
    I need a chat box panel that goes from the side of the screen over the chat box and fades out like is shown here: http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?i...yesteuipr3.jpg
    That's not the chat box. The chat box itself has its background set to clear and then the background you see (and its border) are done using eepanels.

What UI would replace the one that pops up when you mouse over a person that displays their name at the bottom right of the screen? I hate it and cant get it to go away in any Interface options.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jsemon2
    What UI would replace the one that pops up when you mouse over a person that displays their name at the bottom right of the screen? I hate it and cant get it to go away in any Interface options.
    You can use a Tooltip AddOn, i recommend using TipTac: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...93-TipTac.html
    Use /tiptac ingame to configure.

Looking for a tool tip mod that allows me to change the colour and border style of my tool tips. Tried CowTip, but I could not work out how to get the changes to work, and when enabled, no tool tips would work on mouse over on targets or on anything else.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ainuri
    Looking for a tool tip mod that allows me to change the colour and border style of my tool tips. Tried CowTip, but I could not work out how to get the changes to work, and when enabled, no tool tips would work on mouse over on targets or on anything else.
    TipTac: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...93-TipTac.html
    TinyTip: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...6-TinyTip.html

Is there an addon that can run a quick macro or something whenever I enter an arena or bg then run another when I leave? I want it to toggle off a few options for me like casterweaponswapper, but don't want to forget and get screwed when I swap weapons in the middle of a match.

I am a hunter looking for a mod that will show which ability the damage in scrolling combat text is, example combat text would say 2518(steady shot) or 806(kill command). thank you in advance.